You had it right Sony, why did you screw it back up?

Discussion in 'Dirge' started by ARCHIVED-Cohh, Mar 30, 2005.

1. ARCHIVED-Cohh Guest

I don't understand you Sony. Finnaly you level the playing field between the bards (FINNALLY taking out the bug that allows them to stack the same buffs we have, but theirs stack , and ours dont) then all of a sudden, next patch, you give them the bug back!? Wow! So if we [expletive ninja'd by Faarbot] enough are you going to let us add 130+ stats to group like troubs? Our classes are suppose to balance out, but what exactly do we have to balance that? Our debuffs are a joke. Our slow is only %10 (BTW, another bugged spell, it doesnt upgrade anything but Power cost when upgraded to adept 3) as well as a 35 str and stam debuff (AGAIN, only a SINGLE point increase from adept 1 to 3, 35 off str and stab to 36). Are you trying to get us to leave? Do you think we're stupid enough to over look all of this? You better get on the ball before you guys have a dirge walkout sony.

*edit. After thinking about it, and realizing that EVERY SINGLE 50 spell we use needs some form of change, i will be writing a more comprehensive post on this, citing exact spell effects as well as how they should be changed. Expect this soon.
    Message Edited by Cohh on 03-30-2005 03:13 PM
  2. ARCHIVED-Talgoth Guest

i get the feeling troubs don't like your post.
  3. ARCHIVED-Skurry Guest

Do you really think Troubs are superior to Dirges?
    I never played a Troub, so please tell me if you know one of these:
    - What kind of armor can Troubs wear? Medium just like Dirges?
    - Do they get a nuke spell like Lanet's?
    - Do they get cool debuffs like Clara's? (I know, some of our debuffs are weak, but some aren't)
    - Do they get a superior run speed song?
    - Do they get fear?
    - Do they get a rezz song?
    If the answer to the majority of these questions is 'yes', then I'd better reroll a Troub.
    Oh no wait, I like playing a Dirge. /shrug
  4. ARCHIVED-Borelin Guest

I Am and always will be a Dirge. I looked long and hard at both classes before making my choice and in no way am I upset with myself for making the choice I made to be a Dirge. I get asked to many more group then Troubs do. I can outrun most mounts out there. Clara's hell almost every class on my server knows abotu taht lil debuff and the love the heck outa it. Oh don't forget our Haste. ya sure troubs get all them buffs but taht is there job to buff. I will take a Troub in my group to do the buffs and me i will stick to my Debuffs and uping DPS. I love my Dirge and think we are good. Exept that we frigon coem visable when the mob gets 20 feet from camp and forget trying to sneak across zoen to group if they start to fight your screwed invis drops. Other then that and a few other minor things I think our class rocks and we rock hard. Ilooka t it thsi way we are the hard rockers of bards, Troubs they are just kinda like alternative Rock =) Aye i do agree that our debuffs coudl do more but give it tiem SOE is still fixing things.
  5. ARCHIVED-Meadsong Guest

You calling for a nerf on troubs? Sounds like it to me. Ok you may be angry, but please do not calll for a nerf on our Little Brothers or for us Dirges to recieve the same special treatment that you percieve troubs to get. Let's be honest troubs need their buffs to stack because they are well, erm, kind of puny and weedy and need something good going for them. Your post actually reminds me of the whine thread started up by the troubs the day they had their buff stacking nerf, some were actually comparing themselves to Dirges or complaining about our speed buff. Come to think of it maybe you are a troub at heart? Have you checked the mirror recently? Had any strange urges to start wearing lillac plaid and pluck lillies for your love? Ugh. Horrible.

Serious, I don't want any special treatment, sorry if you do. I don't want balance (t's the dumbest idea ever that it can even be achieved). Be happy with what you can do, how you play and the friendships you form.

Please do post a comprehensive list of suggestions about their songs etc. But don't let it be a whine, leave that to the Tro....
  6. ARCHIVED-domoresayless Guest

I'd just like to point out that Cohh flip-flops more than ross perot. He goes back an forth between whining about how our class is useless and broken, to posts like these (on another thread):

"Lvl 50 Dirge here. Primsmatic as well... I am a high DPS force on my raid. I have 18 Adept 3s and a master, and consistently outdammage other classes. With a use of my power regen, mana stone, and other Mana regen equipment, I can keep my power steady throughout the entire duration of a fight. With my prismatic and a Najenan whip (check my profile on EQ2 if you want stats, Cohh on Guk) I do around 120-150 DPS. This is utilizing ALL skills (including lanets) and it consists of a rather unique buff scheme since I consitantly group with other dirges or troubs. As you can see from my Dirge wish list, there is still alot to be done, but don't go around calling our class worthless.. Maybe you just need to change your playstyle.

Cohh Of The Shard, 50 Dirge. Fear."

take his posts with a grain of salt.