You don't need to test for damage!

Discussion in 'Warlock' started by ARCHIVED-CrimsonAvenger, Feb 17, 2005.

1. ARCHIVED-CrimsonAvenger Guest

If you examine each spell, it gives EXACT figures on damage, dots, and debuffs. Thats almost as sweet as my BSS. :)
  2. ARCHIVED-SeTSwiPe Guest

though that's true, that's just max/min damage. We also need to know around where the damage mostly occurs (depending on how it's programmed there could be a bias). Though for the most part, just reading the examination will suffice.
  3. ARCHIVED-Alfred75 Guest

The Max/Min Dmg is not accurate. My spells do much more damage than the descriptions. I suspect the description is based on a certain quality of the spell (i.e. maybe adept 1 or apprentice 1). /shrugs...
  4. ARCHIVED-Knuts Guest

I'm pretty sure that many, many other factors come into play when determining the ACTUAL damage dealt to the mob. The mobs AC, resists, buffs/debuffs, etc... your buffs/debuffs, individual stats (int, level, ect), and equipment... These all have a factor in determining the outcome of skills.

But I agree with you... Having a general idea of what the spell is doing is good enough for me. So long as the spell is working as intended, I can adjust "as needed" in combat.
  5. ARCHIVED-Brumbata Guest

MIN/MAX changes when you upgrade the spells. I upgraded several last night and examined the original before I scribed the new spell. When I scribed the upgrade the description changed-ammount of power as well as min/max dammage. Now whether or not those min/maxs were just for me or in general I dont know. The best way to find out would be for people to post their lvl and stats of the spell.
  6. ARCHIVED-Ingrata Guest

For me just having a general idea is enough. I don't necessarily want to know that if I cast X spell after 1 debuff and before the mob talks that I will hit for 3 more points...just as long as it doesn't vary much over 100 points, lower or higher, that what's written in the spell description I'm happy :smileyvery-happy: But that's just me.

~Ingrata of AfterLife~
    35th Season Mage 25th Season Sage
    Lucan D'Lere