You DO NOT want to use macros as a ranger...here is why

Discussion in 'Ranger' started by ARCHIVED-Kronick12, Jun 17, 2007.

1. ARCHIVED-ctrcivic Guest

[p]In the mist of all this info I have a simple question. I have a 70 mystic and warlock in a raiding guild and I have started a ranger and he is 30 atm and this guy rocks. The most fun I have ever had playing a toon. Took me a bit to figure out what hotkeys were interrupted when I move and what wasn't lol. Anyways for max dps do we rangers ever keep our melee AA on....or do we just make sure we AA with our bow? I always keep my ACT mini window going so I can compare my dps with my group members and I have allways been on top so that keeps me excited for the future lol.....anyways thanks for the advice that I have gotten on the forums thus far and GL with whatever you guys do in game.[/p][p] [/p][p]Ok I lied I have another question......what is the best bow for rangers? My guild raids all T7 zones....we don't get a shot at contested so keep that in mined when you recomend one for me. Just want to have some nice stuff waiting in my bags when I get to 70 lol.[/p][p] [/p][p] [/p][p] [/p]
  2. ARCHIVED-FiveFootStep Guest

always use ranged AA, never melee. And the best bow in the game atm is the rigid scale, which is player crafted, and the recipe drops from Wuoshi
  3. ARCHIVED-ctrcivic Guest

Yeah that is a sweet bow. we havent' killed him yet. We have cleared the first 2 floors and the named on the 3rd....we run out of time since we seem to F up the npc lol but this weekend we know what to expect with the npc so wooshi may happen. Anyways I may be 70 before I get close to getting a chance to get that bow....so would would you say in the next 3 best lol.....thanks
  4. ARCHIVED-Prandtl Guest

[p]After the rigid scale bow I'd say the Star Darkened longbow that drops from Mayog Mistmore in MMIS. After that, the Ancestral Sarnak Warbow that supposedly drops from Venekor in Halls of Seeing. I say supposedly, cause I sure haven't seen it drop![/p][p]After that.. Probably the 2 bows that drop from Sarik the Fang in Emerald Halls, and Bazkul from Trinax in Deathtoll.[/p][p]I probably missed a few, but thats just off the top of my head[/p]
  5. ARCHIVED-Kaleyen Guest

That pretty much covers it right there. And in 32 DT raids I've seen 2 Bazkul bows drop, 0 Ichecore bows (I know I spelled the Ich..something wrong). In 27 HoS raids I've seen 0 Sarnak bows drop. But the bow from Unrest isn't a bad bow to use until you get yourself one of these listed. People like the Raincaller as well, but personally the DPS increase/decrease between the two is so minimal use the one that works best for you, personally I like the proc on the Torn Ligament.
  6. ARCHIVED-Janaka1 Guest

[p]The new proc on the Star Darkened Bow may actually make it superior to the Rigid Scale, depending of course on your level of ranged crit. I'll be testing that out asap.[/p][p] I've been lucky enough to get the Rigid Scale, Star Darkened, Ancestral Sarnak, and Recurved Heartstinger (way back.) It is good to have options. :D Sarik drops Nature's Bow of the Stalker and the Wind-Shaped Bow drops in EH also. eq2idb.com and eq2llinks.com are very helpful.[/p][p]After a good bow, group setup is critical. I am often lucky to have dirge, illusionist, and mystic/inquisitor in my group which is awesome. If I could have just one, I would probably vote for the dirge, because the dps and increased procs seem to give the biggest bump to me.[/p]
  7. ARCHIVED-FiveFootStep Guest

Janaka@Butcherblock wrote:
    I hate you. I've got the Nature's fury and I wanna cry every time I see the RSB... twice now, I've logged from mmis due to RL things and a SDL has dropped both times and gone to the other two rangers... God I hate myself.