you created 2[abrasive sandpaper] - intended?

Discussion in 'Tradeskill Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-kaokhaai, Aug 1, 2007.

1. ARCHIVED-kaokhaai Guest

Im currently a lvl 20 carpenter, and haven't crafted a lot of things since I went carpenter yesterday so I'm hardly experienced at these sorts of things. I was thrilled to see new items in my book today after the patch, so I went ahead and made me some halfling hanging chimes. I didn't pay attention for the first one, so it didn't end up pristine. I got the message "You created 2[abrasive sandpaper] and 2[severed maple], and looking at the screen I didn't get the crude>shaped steps, I got 3x abrasive sandpaper. I tried again, got pristine this time, and the 4th step was a pristine hanging chime. It's nice that I got some mats back, but is that intended or is it a bug? I made some of the old furniture too but they all seemed to work fine. Just curious if this is a bug or it's intended.
  2. ARCHIVED-ashen1973 Guest

this is intended. All new recipes should be like this now. You only get the item if you get 'pristine'. lesser qualities return fuel/components (with less return for worse combines) If you fail to create 'pristine' when using rares, you always get the rare back.
  3. ARCHIVED-VolgaDark Guest

[p]Yes, its working as intended. Basically this is how crafting will be for most of us post Kunark. The only exception will be consumables (I think). [/p][p]Non-rare recipes: if you miss "pristine" you get your "fuel" back.[/p][p]Rare recipes: if you miss "pristine" you get your rare back.[/p][p]In both cases you "make" something only if you complete 4th quality level. [/p]
  4. ARCHIVED-Troubor Guest

Kind of hoping they do this with the old recipes too..I know there's a long thread about such at least in part, not sure where that went though, I stopped following it a while back.
  5. ARCHIVED-kaokhaai Guest

Aha. It was the fact that it only affected the new recipes that made me wonder if something went haywire inthe last patch. Thanks for swift answers.
  6. ARCHIVED-ke'la Guest

Well this is just like the last major crafting change when they removed sub-combines for KoS. Because they have to reiteamize every iteam in game, it will take some time to impelment this change, however sence they are already aware this change is going to happen (once they get the time, wich means after RoK) all iteams that are adding in from this point forward will be under the new Pristine only plan, and once RoK is done they will then work on the other iteams and more then likly phase in the change to them over a couple LUs... either that or not talk about it for the months it will take to change every iteam in game and then roll it out in one big publish, either way this will mean alot more Server/game Discoveries for the First TSers to log in after this is done.
  7. ARCHIVED-Jolissa Guest

[p]Not really a gripe, just a comment ...[/p][p]I am not really looking forward to this change coming in for existing recipes. The Carpenters amongst us will know that crafting a ton of repair kits or sales crates is really easy as you stop after the first level and get the item (no pristine needed). I bet the price of repair kits will go up as Carp will have to spend a lot more time making them.[/p]
  8. ARCHIVED-Lortet Guest

How is it affecting Adept III's and cloaks? You don't need to take them through to the end either.
  9. ARCHIVED-Jolissa Guest

I have a 70 Sage. They will not see any changes as we all make pristine spells to get the dust. Well the smart ones do anyway 8)
  10. ARCHIVED-Domino Guest

You'll find some more detail on what will change in this post. Subject, of course, to possible tweaking depending how it goes in beta testing.
  11. ARCHIVED-lilmohi Guest

Were these changes made to the T1 recipes? I remember when i first started tradeskilling getting a pristine is almost impossible until you get your duration buffs.
  12. ARCHIVED-Tallhart Guest

Yes, pristine is really hard until you get durability buffs, but I think Domino is well aware of that. Check out this thread. :)