You can tell the art guys don't play Wardens.

Discussion in 'Warden' started by ARCHIVED-TuinalOfTheNexus, Mar 9, 2006.

1. ARCHIVED-Aethlred Guest

HoF BP + Animist's Leggings + Animist's Mantle + Pris 2 + Showhood off = A druid that looks badass in green/brown matching armor and weapon effects.
    I'm in matching gear now for the first time since AQ :)
  2. ARCHIVED-minako Guest

Omg please, I am SO tired of our wolf theme. Give us another animal!
  3. ARCHIVED-Crimson Dragon Guest

as a warden, we embrace the wolf as our animal form. if you go on the eq2 site (http://everquest2.station.sony.com/en/main.vm#professionWarden) it says, "They can change shape, imbuing themselves and their allies with the form of the great wolf." it's a part of our class. it's one of the things that defines us as wardens. stop the wolf hate, spread the wolf love.

if you hate it....
  4. ARCHIVED-minako Guest

I'm just so tired of seeing the wolves, their faces look so rabid and vicious lol. I'd like to see some variation as we are supposed to be in touch with nature and the like, why not have a variety of different animals? I like our owlbear illusion, and although the graphic on our class hat isn't very original, it's a refreshing change from that generic grey wolf form.
    [IMG]
    growl!! I love it! well to each their own :)
  5. ARCHIVED-Crimson Dragon Guest

yeah, i would have liked a more original class hat. many here have said, and i had originally thought on my own, that we would be better fitted with a crown of leaves or twigs (just think, we could have gotten stick antlers.... oh my.... that would have been funny) or something of the sort. though seeing as how they gave us an animal skin for our head, i figured, why not at least sync it with our class. the bear hat is rather unintimidating, it's not like the wolf would be gorey and the embodiment of fear. i personally like to see these 'themes' played out with classes. at least then there's an excuse when you give a class a new ability that looks really crappy *cough*juggernaut*cough* and then another class one that's really great.... you can just blame it on the theme / flavor of the class.

as for form choices, we did get the shapeshift ability, and that gives you 3 more options. pudgy-faced tiger, dry ice wolf, and ooh-let's- see-if-it-burns! treant
  6. ARCHIVED-Nezumigami Guest

They had to do something will the extra ewok corpses from SWG.

Now if only I could get a yubyub proc...
  7. ARCHIVED-Crimson Dragon Guest

does it involve a chant!?:smileyvery-happy:
  8. ARCHIVED-Chayna Guest

Leaves and feathers (with maybe some flowers for us of the female persuasion). But only if it doesn't mess up my hair.
  9. ARCHIVED-Nolomite Guest

It takes someone completely attuned to nature - it takes a Warden - to know the location of the Secret Cuirboli Graveyard, where, for centuries, the wild cuirboli have gone to die.

Sometimes we engrave and even augment the hides we recover from there.

Not that I know the location - I'm a tailor. But I once grouped with someone who lived near someone who actually knew a Warden, and I heard the story through them.
  10. ARCHIVED-Arielle Nightshade Guest

/agreed. Leather comes from The Store. :::covers ears...lalalalllalalalalla::::::
  11. ARCHIVED-D-DevilKid Guest

Can't we have a green leather cloak decorated with leaves running down the back?

>=/
  12. ARCHIVED-KeandraD Guest

Haha, yub yub, priceless :)

Thanks for making my day better :)
  13. ARCHIVED-Gwen Guest

Problem with Warden hat is not if you like it or not, it's ... Wardens, Protectors of Nature, with a dead badger on their head ? *boggles*
  14. ARCHIVED-Beolron Guest

And here is why Sony hasn't changed the Graphic yet, so many visions of what a Warden really should wear. In my own minds eye, a deer head with a fine rack of antlers would work, one thing is for sure, keep the leaves to yourself, I am a Ogre Warden, not a wood elf druid. Perhaps Sony could take the next step, ala EQ Live a do racial designs vs class designs then?
  15. ARCHIVED-quetzaqotl Guest

Sorry but thats nonsense, devs dictate what druids are supposed to be about, were playing a class based on their visions ofc you can play your own character withing the boundaries.
    But how druids are supposed to look like theyve made that clear already (in the often very dull/ugly) with the armor sets we get, druids wear light armor that didnt have to mean leather tho they could have druids wear thick cloth (like that woven stuff from everfrost), but I guess it would be too much work to make an exclusive look for druids so they stick with giving us brawler/mage looking clothes (I mean the exact same models reused and labeled cloth is weird).
    At least we can now switch around a bit in t5 everyone brawlers and druids looked the same tho people couldnt see us as we had our animal buff up (godbless /hide nothing like seeing the armor you spent money on).
    Anyways what Im trying to say is SOE decides for us how we are supposed to look and it doesnt have to look anywhere close to how we envisions us ourselves.
    I mean they gave us the beemask in t6 (in t7 they gave that mask to druids and casters), so making a hat for us isnt slowed down b/c the art team is really thinking about an appropriate look imo the hats were sketched out a long time before kos.
    Sure they created some new ones and maybe are creating the druid hat from scratch (tho that would be strange as when kos launched the devs said they would put in the missing hats asap), but the delay is one of priority Im sure as quite frankly it can't be hard to make a hat for our class Ive seen many good examples.
    I wouldnt even mind a tweaked version of the bear hat for my fury if they include manes and put the hat lower on my hat so that it almost covers my eyes ;)
    The delay is b/c of priorities and not about the art team not knowing how our hat should look like and the delay is quite a bit too long if druids are getting their hats it will be close or at eof launch (where we prolly will have the same reused armor and maybe other classes will get their 2nd set of hats while we just got our 1st class specific one if were lucky that is).
    Message Edited by quetzaqotl on 09-01-2006 11:28 AM
  16. ARCHIVED-Lopan13 Guest

Joo silly lil wardens dat tink joo nar s'pose ta keel tings....

We'z nar da tree huggin monsters joo make us out ta be...

Luuk, we'z turn inta wolfies, we'z eat meat, we'z drape da skins o ded over our body ( sum luuk bettah den others in skin tight leathur, but me'z kin nar help how guud me'z luuk ) We'z natural killahs!

Joo right, we'z da protecturs o da forest. But to protect joo have ta keel, eat n wear da tings dat wuud do it harm. Fer instance... Dem blasted fairies keep eatin all da Jum Jum. So dere nar a lotta Jum Jum fer da lil halfies ta make inta wine. So da lil halfie females nar git drunk enuff ta mate wit da ugly lil halfie males. Dat mean dere less lil halfie chillren fer me'z ta eat. So me'z have to go around n smash all dem fairies! Da faceless even gimme a lil illushun ta make dem nar run off when me'z sneakin up on dem.

Me'z nar dat happy dat da Defilers git da hat dat we'z shud be wearin... dat nar makes me'z happy at all!

Dey shud git a lil gassy cloud over dere head... we'z shud git da wolfie! baah!

in conklusion, halfies taste guud.
  17. ARCHIVED-quetzaqotl Guest

[IMG]

The new defiler hat for people who havent seen it yet, doesnt say defiler to me makes me wonder what they want to give us druids now the wolf hat is out of the picture for wardens and lions prolly for furies.
    This hat is a brother of the bear hat so prolly mystic=bearhat defiler=wolfhat so a hat of leafs or wraith of thorns is more probable.

Message Edited by quetzaqotl on 09-03-2006 03:56 PM
  18. ARCHIVED-Crimson Dragon Guest

i just have a bad feeling it will have antlers..... :smileysad:
  19. ARCHIVED-Arielle Nightshade Guest

Yeah...antlers will go really well with my belly dancer pants and my see through top.

I have a conundrum too - the pants that I like for good mit are the white quilted Zhardiz leggings.... and today is Labor Day. /sigh. What am I going to wear tomorrow? :(
  20. ARCHIVED-Nolomite Guest

That would be a 'horny girl' double entendre, personified...