You can tell the art guys don't play Wardens.

Discussion in 'Warden' started by ARCHIVED-TuinalOfTheNexus, Mar 9, 2006.

1. ARCHIVED-Zammik Guest

It looks pretty cool on Ratonga's. They actually look through the eye holes in the bear head. It looks pretty stupid on everyone else though.
  2. ARCHIVED-Mindok Guest

a proper druid helm would have two can holders on either side to hold beers, with straws leading to your mouth.
    this captures the "nature balancing aspect", after all, hops and barley are from mother earth!
  3. ARCHIVED-quetzaqotl Guest

Im sure druids will get stuck with this fugly piece of crap, and shamans will get a new hat prolly a droagskullonahead hat in loets say 3 months?
  4. ARCHIVED-pedigree Guest

Necro hat = awesome
    Ranger hat = awesome
    Brigend Hat = awesome
    Wizard Hat = awesome
    Druid hat = dead wet rat clinging to your head like a brain slug. Its SOOOO ugly that ive /hidehood

Yet another example that the artists really couldnt care about the priests.

If you look at Druids in history, you find white cloth, not a dead animal head.

Come on SoE, do the decent thing and stop the druid hats making us a laughing stock
  5. ARCHIVED-quetzaqotl Guest

Well yeah the brigand hat is at least special it looks a bit stupid to me tho zorro/hamburglar rip off doesnt seem to fit in the "time" this game is situated more middle ages this is a hat from lets say the 1800-1900? doesnt seem to fit in.
    But yeah the druid hats look like stupid pieces of rat [expletive haxx0red by Raijinn] strapped on our heads and Im sure as Ive said before druids will get stuck with this [expletive haxx0red by Raijinn] while the art team slaps a skull on the shaman heads, its the easiest waay out.
  6. ARCHIVED-Tavalia Guest

The Warden hat is disgusting. No nature loving, forest loving, animal loving Druid would wear a dead animal face on their head.
  7. ARCHIVED-faeriefyre Guest

Actually the graphic is druid appropriate. Druids lived with nature. It sustained them. Which most often meant eating meat and wearing hide. There are druids that did not eat meat, true. Usually however this was most often for specific rituals. If you don't like the graphic fine, but don't try to rewrite what druids did. Their role was to support and guide the clan. It was not always what 21st century Americans would consider 'treehugger' They loved and respected nature. Living from it in all ways.
  8. ARCHIVED-Touryn Guest

What the celtic priests did or did not do isn't really appropriate to a discussion as to the nature of druids in this game. For better or worse, EverQuest 2 has adopted the revisionist view of a tree hugger and the artwork should be judged from that perspective. I do acknowledge that a defender of nature would be forced to kill animals to adequetly fulfill his job. I also acknowledge that we are wearing animal hides in this game. However, I'm not sure how either of those directly translate to wearing the mounted head of an animal on our head, considering since much of the leather we wear is not raw, but tanned and processed. It seems to be more characteristic of barbarians (at least from the 21st century American view of them). I would actually consider some sort of cloth to be more fitting for druids, but it is what it is.

Edit: Ever have that problem when you type so quickly your hands skip words in order to catch up?
    Message Edited by Touryn on 03-26-200607:28 PM
  9. ARCHIVED-mikemcmodmike Guest

All I can say is I wore the hat for a couple of days because it was so hideous as a joke. How about a wreath on our heads, that would be good. Anything, I mean anything, but the dead carcass they gave us.

I keep /showhood on all the time because it's so fugly.
  10. ARCHIVED-MibuNoOkami Guest

I thought the totem style helms for Diablo II druids were pretty cool.... except then we'd have to have three or four different class helms (which is not gonna happen) otherwise all us Wardens would be running around with a deer head on... I like the wreath idea too, something like the dryads have maybe.
    I really don't like the idea of wearing an empty bear face on my skull :smileysad:
  11. ARCHIVED-Renita_Serafim Guest

How uninspiring. I don't think the necromancer one is much better to be honest, but that's still using the fill in shadowknight hat graphic until SOE are finished designing the official necro hat look. Let's hope that the warden hat isn't using it's final design yet either.
    Message Edited by Astralmage on 04-07-200605:32 AM
  12. ARCHIVED-Ridean2 Guest

my god I hope i dont get that high level.
  13. ARCHIVED-Aexon Guest

Up here in Wisconsin man must not doing a very good job of culling the deer herd as they are willing to cull themselves right in front of cars all the time. Perhaps we can recruit some Druids to take care of the situation for us. I dont think wolves primary food source would be a large animal like a deer anyways, maybe when there is a lot of snow on the ground and it nullfies the speed of the deer.

I must agree with everyone though that the hat is horrendous, If I had it, it would be hidden all of the time.

***EDIT***
    I looked up grey wolves and it appears they do take down some rather large animals, even Bison... Apparently to take down big animals like that they need the animal to run so that the pack can peck at it... slowly killing it.

Message Edited by Aexon on 04-11-2006 06:37 AM
  14. ARCHIVED-Mystykaa79 Guest

/agrees...get rid of the hideous hat. I'm a nature lover and [expletive haxx0red by Raijinn] proud of it! I'm not one to gallivant around wearing a dead bear on my head. The leaf wreath is a much better idea. I would even settle for something that has to do with deers or a wolf, but a bear is purley a shaman symbol imo. I mean come on SOE, can't you give us something better already! I like to be in style and that bear hat HAS TO GO! Can't there be a woman in the design team..surely one would help the men out with a little style...LOL!
    Message Edited by Mystykaa79 on 04-11-2006 08:37 AM
  15. ARCHIVED-Crimson Dragon Guest

what i think would have been cool is something like this for the class hats.

warden - wolf
    fury - lion
    mystic - bear
    defiler - skull

aside from the defiler, we'd all get a hat that fit the form buff that we get. (anyone seen the brothers grim movie? remember how the guy had the wolf skin and then transformed into the wolf.) i kinda like the flavor of that and art is all about flavor. defilers are supposed to be harnessing the power of their ancestors for their powers.... so that's where the skull idea came from. a man hat, while in concept funny, could look rather gross. or we could give them that little scorpion rat thing, because they have a shapeshift to that. hehehe....
  16. ARCHIVED-Rappy Guest

I'd prefer if they just ditched the whole animal on the head idea for druids.
  17. ARCHIVED-Adrinanna Guest

I, personally, would love to see a crown of leaves (such as the particle effect leaves from some of our spells) or even interwoven vines.
  18. ARCHIVED-mystic586 Guest

Yeah, all Druids get screwed on the class hat. I refuse to wear a dead Badger on my head...../showhood PERMANENTLY OFF!
  19. ARCHIVED-minako Guest

I totally love my hat, it matches my outfit and I feel quite silly jumping around in it =p
  20. ARCHIVED-Shizzirri Guest

HoF BP + Harla Dar Legs + Animalist boots + Hoo'loh hat + relic arms = one ugly druid