You can tell the art guys don't play Wardens.

Discussion in 'Warden' started by ARCHIVED-TuinalOfTheNexus, Mar 9, 2006.

1. ARCHIVED-TuinalOfTheNexus Guest

First we had the T6 leather with identical graphics to T5 leather.

Now we have this:

[IMG]

And don't even get me started on the pink skirt look on the scaleguard / kindled legs.

Art guys, give us weather-worn leather and leaves. A wreath or something would have made a far better class hat than this monstrosity. Give this one to shamans, who it would suit.
  2. ARCHIVED-Dragonrealms Guest

Shamans DO have this actually.. they also hav ethe exact same stats on theirs as we do (assuming that is the quested hat you're showing there).. the only difference between theirs and ours actually is that 1) theirs actually SUITS THE CLASS and 2) theirs has the mitigation of the chain armor that it is.
  3. ARCHIVED-Owlbear Guest

SOE said they never finished all the class helms so I assume this is just the place holder from the mystic class since it kinda went with the class.

I don't know for 100% sure but I'm pretty sure we will be getting a more druid suitable hat.
  4. ARCHIVED-Dragonrealms Guest

I sure hope so.. the defilers are complaining about it too.. which I can udnerstand why.. it's not really very defilerish either. I wouldn't mind having an antler type thing like you see in pics of rl druids... someone on the baords posted a screen of it once, I just forget where
  5. ARCHIVED-TuinalOfTheNexus Guest

Please don't give them ideas, I know if they attempted this it'd end up looking like one of those comedy xmas hats with reindeer antlers.
    But it's great to know this is probably a placeholder while they finish the art that should have been done before KOS was released. I'm still hoping for some kind of simple headdress or wreath.
  6. ARCHIVED-VeraIkonica Guest

I thought wardens were supposed to be "protectors of the forest", not going around making hats out of its inhabitants.
  7. ARCHIVED-Jayad Guest

Only yoooooooou can prevent forest fires!
  8. ARCHIVED-Asp728 Guest

Where do you think the leather armor you wear comes from?
  9. ARCHIVED-Rappy Guest

Animals that have recently and tragically died of natural causes ;)
  10. ARCHIVED-Arielle Nightshade Guest

/agreed. Leather comes from THE STORE!!!!!! /puts fingers in ears and closes eyes......
  11. ARCHIVED-Supple Guest

There is a difference between a utilized leather hide and a carcass trophy atop your head.
  12. ARCHIVED-Owlbear Guest

Maybe the bear offered himself up as a sacrifice to keep the druids ears warm? hehe :)
    The traditional true neautral Druid has to kill animals all the time. They must kill animals to keep populations in balance where man or other "unnatural" forces have changed the flow of nature (hunters kill to many deer so there is not enough game for the wolves so the druid must cull the wolves to keep the wolf population healthy).
  13. ARCHIVED-Gungo Guest

TRUTHFULLY i havent heard of any decent ideas for a druid helm though. Soemone mentioned a feathered cap. I kinda think a Tiki sorta mask would be cool or maybe some Earthen robes w brown hoods.
  14. ARCHIVED-Arielle Nightshade Guest

I like the idea of some sort of Leaf cap..but then I get a visual of how very butchered that could be....and back slowly away....
  15. ARCHIVED-tinka84 Guest

what about something similar to what the nymph chicks in RV have?? the wreath (sp?) of leaves around the head? its unobtrusive, doesnt look too bad, an they already have the graphic.. only prob would be it would change our chosen hairstyle
  16. ARCHIVED-Arielle Nightshade Guest

and that Bear hat ...doesn't??? LOL!!
  17. ARCHIVED-Xakkoriz Guest

Whats wrong with animal hide helms? I personally think they are cool... In Diablo 2 the druid wore bear skins.
  18. ARCHIVED-tinka84 Guest

arielle jus ment that the bear hat covers our hair totally so ya cant see it, but if it was that wreath u would still see hair so either we would be bald or we would have a universal hairstyle when we wore it hypothetically speaking?
  19. ARCHIVED-Meedicuus Guest

You didn't see this on on my sweet, small and individual formed Ratonga-Head ... looks ... hm ... interesting :smileywink:
  20. ARCHIVED-Sokolov Guest

Um, no, we are not animal lovers or tree huggers. We are shaman: we deal with spirits. Keep your animal fur, Druids!