Ykeshan Bear is broken???

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Lunablanco, Jan 12, 2019.

1. Lunablanco Active Member

Well when I got his mount at 1st before level 20, it would be a companion and fallow you around. But after 20 it was a mount, that would gain armor as you gained class levels. Now it seems it does not change with class level, gaining the plates of armor it used to...Is this a bug? or intended? I really liked it the way it used to be, hope this is not a change that will stay :/
    Feara likes this.
  2. Lunablanco Active Member

Well seems the item is so old, people don't remember or don't have one. Just liked how it worked before, kinda sad is all :/
  3. Febri New Member

You are right - no armour :( My new rats using his and is about 42, I didn't notice until you said.
  4. Finora Well-Known Member

=(

I liked how it leveled too. Switched out on a nearly level 80 character and it hasn't got any armor at all. Should have had about the full set by that level.
  5. Feara Well-Known Member

:( this is me very, very sad :(

I've been back for 3 weeks and it was one of the first things I noticed. Thank you for posting this and giving me a reminder.

Please give Ykeshan Bear his armor back. He and I worked very hard for that.

And not only that, he's the best looking ground mount there is, why would you want to strip him like that?
  6. Feara Well-Known Member

There was a vendor somewhere that you could buy his armor in different color schemes but I can't remember where that was. Anybody remember?
  7. Feara Well-Known Member

^ It was not the Shard Merchant in Moors who sells the Spellbear and Warbear. I was hoping to find that Vendor to test it.

Poor, poor Boaz (my ykeshan bear) has been reduced to a pauper's mule :( he just wanders around with his head down :(
    Breanna likes this.
  8. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

There are a number of vendors like that across the fame. The faction merchants in Moors each have armor in strikingly different colors, and Niami has pics on EQ2 Traders Corner.
    Breanna likes this.
  9. Feara Well-Known Member

Thank you Sigrdrifa but that's not it. I was looking for the armor schemes for the Ykeshan Bear and I only located the armor for the Spellbear and Warbear. It seems to me there was a merchant located somewhere else that sold the different armor looks for the Ykeshan Bear. This would of been before the other Bears rolled out in game. No worries maybe I'm not remembering right. I guess the Ykeshan Bear is broken.
  10. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Have you tried a Support Ticket? I don't recall alternate armor for the bear, it just gained armor as it leveled, as I recall.
  11. Lunablanco Active Member

The GM said they do not know if or when it may have been changed, or even if it was changed...They said it was a very old item, and well they could not say much more. { Well they did say the speed scales... } - Sighs - Mine gains no armor, no matter what level character I am on. The thing is, it used to be very cool and unique. Now its lost that, and a rep vender grind is not a legit reason to break this item. Wish they could fix this, my poor sad sad bear :/
  12. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

I guess all you can do is use /bug in-game now.
  13. Gubba Bump Member

Or /feedback.
    Feara and Breanna like this.
  14. Lunablanco Active Member

We need to have them...Fix our BEARS! Join me in a post, to protest the poor bear be fixed! If you can pls read, and post Fix our BEARS! to make it known they are our bears, and we want them fixed now!
  15. Code37143 New Member

Fix Da Bear's, Pweese! Mine looks messed up the light brown skin was only light cause of the armor that is suppose to be on top of it! Poor thing looks naked and sad!
  16. Sunborne Member

How it should look:
    [IMG]

The Shadow Odyssey pewter bear:
    [IMG]
    Finora likes this.
  17. Feara Well-Known Member

Love this screen shot, thanks for posting this. That is either the Warbear or Spellbear by the looks of him. The Ykeshan Bear is natural brown colors, he rolled out with the game back from start are close to it. Do these Bears have the issue to?
  18. Feara Well-Known Member

Hey! who are they calling very old :p. Myself and many others have been playing that long. I hope they fix it. I love using my Bear mount when I'm shiny hunting, I've been running with him in just the paupers saddle :( but hey, I would rather have him this way than no way at all.
    Breanna likes this.
  19. Feara Well-Known Member

That's what I'm gonna do. I owe Him that much, even thou I scratch his head every 15 seconds.
    Breanna and Dude like this.
  20. Feara Well-Known Member

Since the update Boaz can hold his head high again. His polished armor looks amazing as we thunder across the plains of Norrath.

Thank you! Thank you Team for fixing the Ykeshan Bear! Your awesome! Your great!
    Kaitheel, Breanna and Dude like this.