Ykeshan Bear for Crafters (Run Speed Issues for Crafters)

Discussion in 'Tradeskill Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-Bridgeplay, Nov 19, 2008.

1. ARCHIVED-Bridgeplay Guest

I was disappointed to find that the Ykeshan Bear mount that increases run speed as the player levels, uses only the adventure level to determine the run speed, rather than the higher of the crafter level or adventure level. (The Ykeshan Bear is obtained by purchasing the retail version of The Shadow Odyssey expansion. You get a Ykeshan Bear for each character on the account.)
    Crafting used to be something you did in an instance with very little travel needs. That's changed (a good change!) but it also means that high level crafters need and deserve the same sort of run speed advantages as similar level adventurers.
    I've sent /feedback in on this. What plans are there to help crafters with run speed issues? Thanks.
  2. ARCHIVED-Freliant Guest

Its kinda counter intuitive that a bear gets better by just sitting and watching you craft :p
    Anyways, if they want to make it adventure level or craft level I don't have any issues with this. One thing, however, is that now there is a crafting mount you can get by doing the missions from the new expansion, including a unicorn with +48 to all harvesting abilities. This is better than the bear in the sense that it is just as fast, and has harvesting... only thing.. bear looks cooler.
  3. ARCHIVED-Kerech Guest

Freliant wrote:
    One could argue that the bear is better rested, so he has more energy to run faster :p