Yet more AA woes

Discussion in 'Warden' started by ARCHIVED-Stobo DarkSky, Dec 6, 2007.

1. ARCHIVED-Stobo DarkSky Guest

When I had the Stormcaller line it was semi-OK but that Infusion always pulled in the add's. I decided to try the Serenity line. What a mistake!

I usually solo and the critter's I now face mostly are white agro and up.

Serene Symbol - Has stuck once in 100 times and the Aviak replaced it and knocked me down.

Serene Focus - Unknown if this actually works.

Serene Knowledge - I now get Stunned/Stifled and Knocked down constantly. I use M1 SandStorm to knock them down.

I notice that when i do a HO, most of the dps spells get resisted over and over. This is bad IMHO since I have M1's or M2's for all of my dps spells.

I have 8-7-6-7-1 in this useless Serene Line.

As I peruse this forum it appears that the Guru's recommend the STR line so I will give it a try - esp now that the specific weapon requirement has been removed. I use an imbued Morning Star along with an Imbued Buckler.
  2. ARCHIVED-Catharsis Guest

Not sure what your complaint is. All I can tell you is that you're trying to look for solo benefit from a group / raid - centric AA line, and all the abilities in that line are group / raid beneficial. Now, if you want a solo spec, stick with the Int line but toggle off Infusion in close quarters where adds are a problem.
  3. ARCHIVED-Skivley101 Guest

If your a root nuker , the infusion is really no good , and its damge aint that great. I know it seems funny cuz its at the end of the int line, but it is better used up close with a mele spec solo, Or in full groups(especially pet classes) Cuz your group spells will proc once per ally.
    The serene symbol doesnt stick to anything, It removes beneficial spells. There arent really that many mobs to use it on pve , But its great in pvp.
    Im not sure why your master nukes are getting resisted as much as you say ... I have master nukes also and 40 disruption above max cap, and still get a resist here and there , but boosting disruption beyond your max cap should take care of it........meh......... maybe your not pushing the button right ...lol ...IDK
  4. ARCHIVED-Valena Guest

The main point of the Sta line is the improved Heal crits and the anti-stun. Serene Knowledge is practically useless due to the chance of the low proc chance coinciding with a stun and Serene Symbol can't be used on many mobs.
    At 80 I decided to respec from melee to nuking as I'd found so much +spell damage gear but it actually seemed slower going to me and I was dying more to adds than I did when meleeing. I soon respecced back.
    Whilst root 'n nuke may seem safest as you keep the enemy at a distance, I find melee better thanks to the heals from Natural Boon plus the quick CA cast time compared to nukes. The quick cast CA's allow you to cast heals between attacks and still kill at a reasonable rate. You can also get gear that procs stuns on attacks that gives you extra breathing space.
    I'd give Str a go, You'll have to change some gear for Str based stuff and your mana pool will suffer as a consequence, but then again you shouldn't actually use as much as CA's use less than the nukes. I always use a 2h solo for the extra damage. Get an Imbued Flail or something else with decent Str on it and put a damage adornment on there too. You should find that your kill speed increases quite a bit. It's also good fun: when solo and melee I tend to just charge in and think about the consequences later as very little in T7 could kill me but T8 is a little bit more challenging.
  5. ARCHIVED-Skivley101 Guest

Im sorry valena , But could you give more description on this statement?
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Serene Knowledge is practically useless due to the chance of the low proc chance coinciding with a stun and Serene Symbol can't be used on many mobs.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    more specificaly about the serene knowledge , and why it is practically useless?
  6. ARCHIVED-Valena Guest

Skivley101 wrote:
    Each level of Serene Knowledge grants a 2% chance to cast an anti-Stun immunity on the target of a beneficial spell that lasts 3 seconds. So 8 ranks would give a 16% chance to give a 3 sec Stun immunity whenever you cast a beneficial spell.
    In a raid you maybe chain casting Sylvan Bloom, Grand Floresence, Photosynthesis and Tide of Healing every 6 seconds which will give the Tank 3 seconds of Stun immunity every 9 seconds or so which isn't too bad (Stun immunity for 33% of the time), maybe more if you were spamming Cures instead of healing.
    But soloing you'll maybe cast a heal 2-3 times in a fight which will mean that the anti-Stun will hardly ever be up, and will only be useful if the mob tries to Stun you during those 3 seconds that it is up. That is why I'd consider it pretty useless for soloing (which the OP says he does) and think that points could be better used elsewhere.
  7. ARCHIVED-Stobo DarkSky Guest

I should never have gone the Stormcaller or Serene way since I am having so much fun with the Naturalist line. Oboy, more attacks that are not on timers with flame and cold spells. Before I switched, the fights were always long and tiring. Now, I can take down a single 60^^^ in less than thirty seconds. If there are add's, it just takes a little longer.

I distract them for a moment by using the dog and three puppies; The tree usually lasts about 15 seconds before it gets wiped.

With my play style I don't root and nuke. I am so used to seeing the root breaking my roots are only used when in a group. I use Sandstorm and duke it out toe to toe. I now have STR 5-4-8-8-1, STA 6, WIS 8, and INT 4. Buffed stats are STR 169 AGI 174 STA 347 INT 257 WIS 538 at level 64 Health 4936 Power 5557. Warden's name is Mosco on Nektulos. You can examine the gear I am currently using.

As for turning off Infusion - I am clueless as how this is done.....

Now, if only I could get some good Elven Chainmail and a NON-Legendary Imbued Round Shield I will be just fine with my solo'er when I can pick my targets. More than four I will evac if possible.

My playstyle has changed to meet the current developer's vision of Warden - and yes, I know they still use that dartboard when picking spells and uses for a Warden.

I find far too many groups still don't have a clue how to best use a Warden. Too many Uber-Nukers continue to direct attack mob's instead of attacking via the main tank.
  8. ARCHIVED-Skivley101 Guest

Stobo DarkSky wrote:
    you just click the button that you used to enable it, or you could right click cancel from maintained spells i think.
    Thanx for explaining the serene knowledge Valena, I never was really sure how that one worked in reality. Now if some one could tell me some actual uses for Obfusication on the wisdom line, All the mysteries of a wardens life would be unlocked for me. lol
  9. ARCHIVED-FingerStyleFunk Guest

Inque@Splitpaw wrote:
    I'm with you. Melee ftw!
  10. ARCHIVED-Delta G Guest

Melee is indeed a very strong spec for soloing in PVE and PVP, I am lvl 70, havn't looked at the new expansion yet though. I have gone down the Str and Wis lines and have put points in the Warden tree in the melee abilities. I can solo alot of instances, Poets Palace, Acradesim (or whatever it's called) etc etc, as melee you can benefit from procs from mobs hitting you if you having any, also your thorns spell and it's also less mana consuming than root and nuking if they arn't hitting you too hard.
    I definitely find it stronger than the Int line
  11. ARCHIVED-poseafk Guest

is going down the wis line I believe it is for the final ability to rez you if you die.... wouldnt that be incredibly useful if you are not solo'ing??? not sure just asking
  12. ARCHIVED-Skivley101 Guest

Actually , It would be incredibly usefull solo .... Its just that if your specing for solo , you probably didnt go down the wis line. The problem with group and raid auto rezing , you need to die out of agro range, and alot of times in instance mobs dont repop (but some instance/raids would be usefull) .
    And remember If you die right after self rezzing thats just sooner your equip is broke.