Yet another Warden post

Discussion in 'Warden' started by ARCHIVED-Skavon, Oct 4, 2005.

1. ARCHIVED-Skavon Guest

Hello,

I came here to finally post some since i've been reading all the posts in this forum with great interest - as well the pros as the cons.
    I for my person am a level 46 warden just a few % away from 47.
    Now - what could i say on this topic to shed some light on our 'problems' that hasnt been said before? Not much probably but i may
    provide a different perspective to explain how (at from my point of view) it can be that there are so vastly different opinions.

First of all: how am i equipped (since that seems to be an issue)? I got all single tagret heals adept3, got all beside the roots of my upcoming spells til 50 as adept 3 (or will soon). My 44 master choice was sylvan waters. I am clad in a set of rare T5 armor - so i'd say quite well equipped for not raiding or such.

Now to the core of this post: What have i experienced?
    Since i hit 46 and therfor got VR life has become a lot easier. VR is not what it was before CU - not even close - but it helps. When you cannot understand why a - lets say - 41/42 warden waiting for his master choice of SW and stuck with NE (be adept 3 or not) has issues healing - let me tell you: NE is no fun.... i dont think 190-241 (i think thats the numbers) justifies a heal to be called big heal... anf 33-40/second... well... doesnt change much. Nevertheless i did get a (by then) 43 zerker healed against a spectre in Sinking Sands - in a group of 3 with the help of a coercer which was in fact really needed. I did experience though that other healers got an easier time doing the job. I came to group with a mystic at some point who had nowhere near my gear or my spell upgrades and still could do the same job - maybe even a little easier - against some encounters.
    On the other hand i have also found non-raid encounters where Wardens seem to shine. There are some mobs out there relying massivly on Fire group dots and the like - i had a good time against those (one for instance being some named goblin in Lavastorm named Flametosser). Truth to tell - there are not many of these encounters and you cant rely on only fighting things where you shine - but still - they exist.

Now am i happy with the changes? Well - that depends - I'd say there ARE Issues - our burst healing really could use some love - but for me the job is doable. One of the biggest issues is to get our heal lines bugfree and to let em stack like they should.
    For the time being i am still faithful though. I can get exp, i can get named kills and i sure can solo (hell we did get some nice nukes there did we?). I would prefer i could get exp and named kills to the same degree templars, inqs, ... can - well - i still hope we will at
    times...

Sorry for the long post

- Skavon