Yet another pet question :(

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by ARCHIVED-Teh, Jul 22, 2006.

1. ARCHIVED-Teh Guest

Ok, so yesterday, I hit 38. well, actually 39 to but the question is, which pet is the bet for tanking? I have Undying Adherent and Rotting Thrall, both adept 3. When I possess my minion and hit "p" to look at their hp's, it all varies. sometimes the thrall has more hp's (both with same buffs) sometimes the adherent does. Sometimes it shows (for example) 4650/2980 for hps. The last test I did went like this...

Undying Adherent 4664 hps
    1136 power
    650 att
    mitigation 1120
    avoidance 31.2
    strength 141
    agility 134
    stamina 151

Rotting Thrall
    hitpoints 4844
    power 1176
    attack 650
    mitigation 1120
    avoidance 31.2
    strength 141
    agility 134
    stamina 151

So basically, a pet thats ten levels higher has 200 more hps? I hope I am doing something wrong. Also, is this my new tank pet?

Any advice is appreciated.
  2. ARCHIVED-DwarvesRUs Guest

You pet levels with you, so your level 38 Rotting Thrall is only *1* level higher than the level 37 (capped) Undying Adherent. The way the pets work is that if you have an Ad3 pet, it is *the same pet* as you level up, even when the name and graphic on it are replaced. AS somone stated in a different thread:

What this essentially means is that if you have an Ad3 pet and replace it with an Ad1 pet at a "replacement point" you are actually reducing the effectiveness of your pet. Eventually you still need to use the replacement, though, due to mob cons. For example, at 37, a level 41 mob is yellow, but a 42 is orange. If at 38 you choose to continue to use your level 37 pet, it will be at a vastly reduced effectiveness against that 42 since it would be orange to the pet (even though you would see it as yellow).
    I posted a thread about this somewhere down the page (which I just saw that you posted in too but I'm gonna type this all out as though you hadn't seen it anyway), where I replaced Master pets with Adept 3's, then took screenies of the pet stats. The Adept 3 pets weren't as good as the Master pets they replaced, yet due to the mob cons I still use the replacements anyway so that the pet can actually *hit* the mob. Plus as you level and the pet levels with you, it eventually *does* become better than the old pet.
    As to why the HP's show up "higher than max" sometimes, and other times show that higher number as the full amount. . . .nobody seems to know. It's been asked on several threads, but I've not seen anoyone able to figure it out or seen a dev response as to why it is that way.
  3. ARCHIVED-Teh Guest

Aye, sorry about that. I had already made this post when I read yours. You cleared up alot for me though and I really appreciate it.