Yet another Ninja Nerf...thanks for the warning SoE

Discussion in 'Warlock' started by ARCHIVED-Midget of Death, Nov 10, 2005.

1. ARCHIVED-Midget of Death Guest

Choatic Maelstrom,

Used to at Adept III have a 50% chance to cause Steal Breath on target....with a chance to spread to other members of the encounter. Well...I guess...GOD FORBID WE SOLO...that SoE decided that was too good and that us oh so uber and oh so powerful Warlock's should be nerfed yet again. Now the only thing this spell does is provides a debuff against Disease and Poison damage.

I havent logged in today...maybe they fixed it (HA HA HA HA)

But its nice to see that...while our breathren wizards keep getting better...we (the warlocks) keep getting the shaft... Thanks OH SO MUCH SoE

To all the trolls that want to blast me....well...ah...gee....how shall I phrase this in a nice way....shove it where the sun dont shine...if you dont play a warlock Shut up..you dont know what your talking about.

It would be nice to be able to solo as effectivly as most wizards do...not all of us can get groups all the time...oh well

/em RANT OFF
  2. ARCHIVED-Geoff77 Guest

LU 16 was trhe single greatest Warlock update ever, miniscule ninja nerfs or not. I swear you guys just look for reasons to complain.
  3. ARCHIVED-Tevilspek Guest

Wow.. didn't notice that.
    Gone is the 7% slow.
    'Only' 7%, but still, figures.
  4. ARCHIVED-Grimsore Guest

lol, it wasn't a ninja nerf. They said exactly what the changed spell line now does. (Debuffs poison and disease.)

I posted about the removal of the other effects here a few days ago (I play on test) and talked with a QA about it on test. He confirmed it was a intended change and not a bug.

It's still a good spell we will use pretty much every fight and a lot of good changes did happen so I can live with it.
  5. ARCHIVED-Crono1321 Guest

Don't forget the hardcore loss in debuff it got...adept3 now does less than adept1 used to do.

Pre:
    Adept 1 = 660
    Adept 3 = 770

Adept 3 = 616 YAY
  6. ARCHIVED-DearthofWealth Guest

Yeah, because us doing 12k DPS on 4-7 epicx2/4 encounters was COMPLETELY fair. Yeah, that's the ticket.

Do you have ANY idea how game-unbalancing that was? It was comedy gold to watch the Matrix-style numbers FLY up with that Debuff. It gave warlocks a big ol' grin on their face, yes.

Anybody who knows how to play their warlock will still pop around 2-3k dps without breaking a sweat on those encounters.

And for the solo'ng?? You've got to be the single most terrible warlock in the game. Please keep sending your money to SOE but stop playing your warlock. Re-roll another class. It's comically easy to solo for a warlock.

Here, let me give you a tip since you seem to not know how to play your class. DON'T OPEN WITH SKELETAL GRASP ON AE MOBS.

Typical Solo'ng strat for Named non-caster mobs is as follows for your shortbus riding ****:

Open with Devastation at 35m (3k dmg min). Hit Vulian Intrusion - Soul Blister (1k-1.5k dmg) - Thwart (1k- 1.5k dmg) - Dark Nebula (600-800 dmg) - Null Caress - Cower. Back up to whatever range you feel comfortable at. Repeat.

So you're telling me that the ability to do 6k dmg to a mob in bursts and have it NEVER hit you means you can't solo? Wow, glad I don't have to group with you. Would hate having to tell you how to play your class.

And I know I probably just fed the troll.
  7. ARCHIVED-Midget of Death Guest

Wow....TROLL ALERT...DearthofWealth=Moron...there you go we both called each other names....yes I know how to solo...Ive done it from lvl 1 to 50 so dont try that nonsense. You dont know me...I am mearly frustrated by this change.

Morons like you are precisly why I normally dont post anything...why...because you feel the need to belittle people you dont know making comments that are bashing rather than helpful.
    Thank you very much for reminding me why I dont post
  8. ARCHIVED-DearthofWealth Guest

You're welcome.
  9. ARCHIVED-Korpo Guest

With how little you post, you'd think you could spend the time to check your post for spelling and grammar problems. Or just continue whining and sounding like a third grader, whatever floats your boat.
  10. ARCHIVED-Tevilspek Guest

Hi,
    Like the posters above me, I have nothing constructive to add to this topic of discussion. So in an effort to big-note myself and derail a thread once more, I'll resort to just personally abusing the OP or anyone who disagrees with my opinion (hereby noted as the "only" opinion).
    What a load of crock. Our main debuff get's changed so it has to be recast every half minute, loses it's slow effect and a chunk of its debuff effect, but that's totally cool? Want to climb any further up SoE's black hole of fanboidom?
  11. ARCHIVED-Sokolov Guest

!!!

ALL NERFS ARE OF THE DEVIL!

THE SECOND COMING OF THE GODS IS IMMINENT!

Nerf-phobia at its best.
  12. ARCHIVED-kr8ztwin Guest

**REMOVED DUE TO INAPPROPRIATE CONTENT**
    Message Edited by Raijinn Thunderguard on 01-03-2006 04:10 PM
  13. ARCHIVED-Grimsore Guest

Warlocks are a loving bunch. Fuzzy hugs all around!
  14. ARCHIVED-nexus667x Guest

Just a little note. Yes we got nerfed a bit on this, but it's now an Encounter based spell rather then a communicable disease single target. They neglected to change the color of the icon to green like the rest of our encounter spells, but none-the-less it says it right in the description that it effects entire encounters. Unfortunatly it doesn't keep refreshing itself like it used to, which sucks.. I haven't noticed a huge difference in damage with the new version of it, but on the other hand, I know what gear to get for my INT caster and damage has never been a problem.

Jaxyl - Befallen
  15. ARCHIVED-Galapas Guest

Yeah, the cascading proc had to go. It was fun while it lasted, but it was insane. But they could have left some cough effect. Once they made it a group debuff, rather than an infectious one, they eliminated the cascade. They didn't need to eliminate the cough. Reducing it to 15-20% would make sense, since it was changed to a group debuff, rather than single target.
  16. ARCHIVED-Korpo Guest

Who gives a flip if the guy down the street likes to knock over the neighborhood mailboxes as he drives home drunk? That's just being a busybody and if you don't like it then you are the one that needs to move out of the neighborhood.
  17. ARCHIVED-pharacyde Guest

for your information it isn't a ninja nerf, it was announced, and the debuff is better then before.

First the debuff was AT cast time 770 mit vs poison. But at the cough the debuff was 300-400 (cant remember the exact number)

now we don't get the cough effect but a AE debuff of +/-660 vs poison. The total debuff is better.