Yet another broken feature that should have been fixed ages ago...

Discussion in 'Zones and Population' started by ARCHIVED-Pij, Oct 9, 2012.

1. ARCHIVED-Pij Guest

So when you broke the prestige house portal functionality when freeport came out I thought I'd better not do the 1 day work to replace them all until Qeynos is out which proberbly brakes them again anyways.
    So since sunday evening I've first deleted ALL old portals and setup new connections (We're talking 51 from one house and another 17 from another) and guess what ... my effort was mostly in vain since this one year old issue has NOT been fixed, still half of my connections are either not working or taking me to a random house thats in my list but which I didn't want to go to.
    Add this one to the list of the myons of bugs that make this game so hard to love and really should have been fixed so long ago. So again a plea fix the game!!!
    edit: removed some profanity
  2. ARCHIVED-LordPazuzu Guest

I haven't had that problem at all and I have several houses across multiple toons all linked in one place. Though to be fair, that is a stupid amount of house portals going in one place. The sheer number of placeable zoning points might have just broken the house zone. It might not be easily fixable.
  3. ARCHIVED-General_Info Guest

my advice is move the portals to a single house then move one into a house with no portals, test that portal a few dozen time then add another one if you dont get the bug the first few times it may be an issue with the number of portals placed in the house as opposed to a problem with the portals themselves.
  4. ARCHIVED-Pij Guest

@Meaghan: There is nothing stupid about it at all, one house links to the most used ones and another to the majority of other houses me and my wife own. I have 10 chars, my wife 11 and then we have second accounts as well. I already left out about 15 houses we don't really use, so I didn't put portals in those (and neither did I count them in my above numbers).
    @General_Info: I don't see in which way it would help me to spent another day of moving 50+ portals all into 1 house, what purpose should that have for testing? It will only be listed as one house link anyways.

And as far as breakage goes, we had about the same amount before Freeport went live and all portals were working then. So if it is indeed a limit then it was introduced with their Freeport "fix". And I couldn't care less how hard of a fix it is, there is a ton of hard to fix bugs in this game which should all have been fixed ages ago anyways. Sometimes I wonder what I actually pay for.
  5. ARCHIVED-LordPazuzu Guest

LOL I care how difficult of a fix it is. If it's going to take a significant amount of man hours, I'd hope it was way down on the priority list compared to something more game breaking. 50 house portals... I'm still LOL'ing.
  6. ARCHIVED-Finora Guest

Just out of curiosity, does just going out your door or via /house yield the same results as using your portals?
    I ask because I have a house in which I have a depot for rares that is shared between 4 accounts with a housing portal number reflecting that. I buried the portals in the walls so I never had to look at them and using the door has worked fine for everyone before and after Qeynos.
  7. ARCHIVED-Pij Guest

Finora@Everfrost wrote:
    No actually quite the oppposite, all portals were placed by the chars that owns the Mistmoore Crags Estate, leaving through the door causes the problems, taking the portals from the houses back to the Crags Estate causes no problems. The one portal thats actually inside that Estate (the one linking to the other house with 17 portals) is usable fine as well.
  8. ARCHIVED-Tylia Guest

I've also had problems with using the door in a house with multiple portals and ending up in a house other than one I've clicked on. Somehow the "road map" (so to speak) gets jumbled. I used to have it written down, which name I had to click on to go to which house. Someone fixed it for me once, but the problem returned. I only own 3 prestige houses (well, 2 and a Freeblood Estate), but I have portals in them from several friends to their houses too. I've just stopped using the doors, except as a means for 2 of my characters who are in one guild to easily go to the guild hall of my alt guild. Now I just use the guild hall housing portal, or the prestige house portals themselves.
  9. ARCHIVED-Pij Guest

Tylia@Butcherblock wrote:
    Sadly not an option for me since about half of the houses I connect to are not prestige :-( And ~25 portals near the door would look ... odd.
  10. ARCHIVED-samael616 Guest

I've had problems just being able to place most of my portals somewhere they don't stick out 3FT from the wall. I have wondered whether it would be feasible to have something similar to the guild housing portal system that just connects to all (prestige or all in general) your houses on that account. It would make my like a lot easier after repeatedly clicking on something in my house to find theres a portal behind it and getting ported to a house by accident, probably thats just me though xD