Year of EverQuest Pack - Updated

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Mepps, May 28, 2019.

1. Dude Well-Known Member

I cared about the paintings before I had prestige housing. Once paying upkeep with coin and status went away, so did my interest in things like paintings.
    Breanna and Bekkr like this.
  2. Miragian Well-Known Member

Why are these two things related? I'm just curious.
  3. Dude Well-Known Member

Because the paintings and other house items decrease the amount of status necessary for upkeep of regular housing. That's all I used them for. I would claim them and put all of them in the basement to reduce the status upkeep. Prestige houses have no upkeep, so I have no use for the paintings.
    Breanna likes this.
  4. Elith New Member

Where can I purchase the Year of Everquest Pack??
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  5. Breanna Well-Known Member

Go to the very first post on this thread, there is a link it says get your Everquest pack now or something similar. I think there is a link a little farther down in the thread too.
  6. Siren Well-Known Member

Wow! This pack is pretty cool!
  7. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

/gasp!

You don't decorate your houses? You know there are a lot of fervent Norrathian interior decorators... you could get help.
    Febrith, Siren, WhysperWynde and 2 others like this.
  8. Bekkr Well-Known Member

I don't decorate either, because I've never found a compelling reason to spend time in a player house. Since the zero commission crates were introduced, there's not any real reason to even visit one.
    Dude likes this.
  9. Dude Well-Known Member

I craft in my house. That's about it.
    Bekkr and Breanna like this.
  10. Rhodris EQ2Wire Ninja

I hardly ever decorate. I've done a couple of houses, but only when in the mood to do so, and that is not often. Strike rate - 3 houses in 14 years of playing.
    Bekkr, Breanna and Dude like this.
  11. GrunEQ Well-Known Member

To obtain a painting was the reason I did faction quests when the game was new. I would go out of my way to get paintings. Seems sad to have no art in one's life. What defines a culture is art...what is valued in wars is art; almost equal to metals. That is why art is stolen and oft protected.
    Rhodris and Rosyposy like this.
  12. Bekkr Well-Known Member

You... you know they aren't real paintings, right? Besides, if I'm never IN my in game house, what would be the point of putting up art on the walls of said house? I'd never see them.

I have plenty of art on the walls of my real, actual house because I spend time here.
    GrunEQ and Dude like this.
  13. Bekkr Well-Known Member

Yeah, I know some folks do but I don't really craft unless I'm doing writs or quick combines for alts, and doing rush orders you have to leave each time to talk to the npc anyway, so I just do those in town.

There isn't a way to bypass having to do that, is there? I'd love it if there was, but I suspect that would create a similar issue to what guild halls do with luring people out of cities.
  14. Mugwort Active Member

Sometime check out "Master Service Summoning Scroll" (city work orders) and "Grandmaster Service Summoning Scroll" (rush orders). These two items are made by Sages who have taken the time to earn faction with Riliss and Bathezid.

Digital artwork isn't everyone's cup of tea, but, for those who do enjoy it, they can preserve what they find interesting by creating videos or taking screen shots and then create digital albums, screen savers, etc. for personal use outside of the game.
    Rosyposy likes this.
  15. Bekkr Well-Known Member

Thank you, but I probably should have mentioned that I don't play on live servers, so that's not a solution for me.
    Dude likes this.