Yay! - /hide_illusions

Discussion in 'Warden' started by ARCHIVED-HB-37, Apr 14, 2005.

1. ARCHIVED-digitalchimp Guest

Agreed, people who say play another class need to stop moaning for the sake of moaning. The command is in and there ain't much you can do about it tbh. I can't wait for it to come in so I can stop watching a wolf's **** and start seeing some good fighting action again, not a wolf lurching forward and barking. It's amusing and novel for a while but the novelty wears off in the end.

I don't play a druid to be in wolf form I play it for everything else, so why because I don't like wolf form should I go play another class. You'd be mad not to want to buffs of wolf form and being able to hide the form is great. I'm sure it took like ten minutes to add in given the /showhood command already existed and I imagine it's just an extension of that.

P.S They should really get rid of the staring system as it's just used to star posts that someone doesn't agree with rather than actually one staring off-topic/irrelivent posts. Communist censorship for the masses.
  2. ARCHIVED-Narzoo Guest

This is awesome news. I have been waiting for this.

I like my wolf form, but it would be nice to have it off every so often, but still keep the buff going. I like watching the animations but the wolf has very few. I roleplay and so I have to keep removing the wolf form just to curtsey to friends

Now all we need is a jump animation and sound for the jump and I will be happy. Maybe a bite animation or a lick animation just because I am crazy and I go around licking and biting random players on my server. Everyone loves a crazy warden.

Wouldn't a dancing wolf animation be the best??? Oh wow am I having ideas now. I'm going to shut up before I bore you all to death.

As others have said, though, there are other things that need fixing as well, but this is one of those little things that has made me happy,

I can't wait for the update.
  3. ARCHIVED-Sinadial Guest

I shouldn't be required to stare at a poorly done graphic of a wolf simply because I chose warden. I'm glad this command is going in, I won't have to use my guise every time I zone.

And Sony, wolves don't bark.
  4. ARCHIVED-bhamtech Guest

Excellent, glad this was finally done .................
  5. ARCHIVED-Taeff Guest

I am disapointed actually. This new command does hide illusion, but does nothing on the issue of riding griffs/horses. I must still remove the Wolf-Form Buff each time I wish to ride, and rebuff once I am off.
  6. ARCHIVED-Johnny Trabone Guest

Wonderful, i like showing off my handsome Gnomish body, and that's kinda hard to do if i look like a Wolf. The Griffon thing aint that big'a deal for me, don't usually need to be in Wolf form out in Ant or CL anyway.
  7. ARCHIVED-Taeff Guest

Johnny, my biggest concern is when my guild does hit 30, and I do buy that uber carpet, I want to ride it fully buffed. As it stands now, we cannot ride a horse while buffed, let alone ride the griff. I have bugged and left feedback in game, I want to make sure others know of this concern of mine.
  8. ARCHIVED-3cho Guest

Yeah, I was going to comment on this as well. Would be nice to have /hide_illusion fix the griff issue. Though I've been pretty happy with the Wolf form (for the most part) I started using /hide_illusion when they made the wolf follow the terrain. Sometimes it looks ok.... sometimes, it does weird stuff :) Nothing like running up a steep wall (in wolf form) turning around and sitting. I look like a fly stuck on the wall :) I find for fights, I hide the illusion, and for solo running, searching for mobs, etc. I revert back to the wolf. It's always good to have options. Kudos for SOE for implementing this (theycould really use a few more positive victories in their corner).
  9. ARCHIVED-Spagma Guest

Has anyone else noticed their character turning immediately after you stop running. I run by holding both mouse buttongs, and sometimes when I stop running, my character and my POV will turn sideways. This happens on small adjustments as well. Not sure if it has anything to do with the terrain though. Anyone seen this?
  10. ARCHIVED-3cho Guest

If you hold down the left mouse button, then tap forward, your toon will turn away from you... tap the backward key, he turns and faces you, strafe left and right, etc., etc. This could be related to what you're seeing (something weird happening has you release the motion keys).
  11. ARCHIVED-Euler Guest

Works great, very happy about this being put in. I have a feeling the only reason we couldn't ride griffs with the wolf form was an art issue, and they just forced the players to drop it to make it easier on them. They could just for /hide_illusion on for the duration of the trip now that they have coded a command that can turn the form off.

About the "don't play a druid if you don't want to be a wolf" comment, I disagree with it. And so did enough people asking the devs for this command. If you enjoy being ->forced<- to look like a wolf 100% of the time good for you, but that is NOT was being a rpg druid is about.