Yay! - /hide_illusions

Discussion in 'Warden' started by ARCHIVED-HB-37, Apr 14, 2005.

1. ARCHIVED-HB-37 Guest

- You can now use the /hide_illusions command to disable illusion spell effects on your character. If illusions are disabled on your character, other players will not see the illusion either

Up on the test server...

About freaking time. Thanks Sony
  2. ARCHIVED-bunnee Guest

no more staring at wolf-butt to get the power buff? YAY! (yes, I play in 3rd person) :)
  3. ARCHIVED-Ballyhoo Guest

4. ARCHIVED-shtychkn2 Guest

I know people will dislike this... But I am really happy.. I was tired of using GoD to see a humaniod form...
  5. ARCHIVED-Sinadial Guest

I'm a dark elf and did the guise of deceive quest as soon as I possibly could just so I could look at the character as I created her. .I'm happy to see they have added this command, though it does seem trivial in comparison to other pending issues. I'm also glad it'll block other people from casting illusions on me, since my character is female and the illusions are all male. :p
  6. ARCHIVED-Faithes Guest

Woot! =D, thats great news, although I was in the middle of getting abunch of the petrified eyes I'm glad to see them answering our complaints.
  7. ARCHIVED-Balthazaral Guest

This is definitely an awesome change, and even though it's cosmetic, I think it still deserved the attention it got. Not to be the one to drag this topic down, but i do hope they see this as a temporary fix and that a more permenant solution is in the works, something along the lines of having access to BETTER illusions and COOLER forms. Druid-types, especially, should be known by their forms and various choices. In fact, I believe, there shouldn't be an animal in the game that we can't disguise as. Seriously, in what game, has anyone ever seen druids complaining because they are in animal forms?
  8. ARCHIVED-digitalchimp Guest

I like this :) Does it actually hide wolf form though? As it's more a form than illusion?

What would be cool if the various druid forms were humanoid animal forms. Like a beast form where you still stand on two legs but have features of a wolf or lion etc.
  9. ARCHIVED-POX67 Guest

Nice idea Digitalchimp :)

kind of like Were beasts
  10. ARCHIVED-Spagma Guest

I don't see how anyone can dislike it, they don't have to use it.
  11. ARCHIVED-Tubs Guest

Personally I never minded the wolf form .. I always loved being a different shape then everyone else (there aren't too many wardens on my server .. kithicor).

I would have prefered them fixing important issues over this one but I am happy for those who really wanted it.
  12. ARCHIVED-Taeff Guest

I am personally ecstatic over the illusion change, I have always wanted to ride a horse with my character. Shoot, it would be nice to hop on the griffs without dropping a buff before, and rebuffing afterwards. Even getting stuck on the walls in dungeons with wolf form, or flying through walls with bee form really is distasteful. Being a 'regular' folk will help me to avoid problems such as graphics bugs, seeing through walls/corners, being able to show off my latest armor find, and stop the barking.
    I realize that sitting stops the barking, in the groups I play with, we dont 'camp' a certain location, we kill and move.
    Yay Dev Team!
  13. ARCHIVED-aerofrog Guest

i'm so happy i think i lost bladder control.

thank you SOE.
  14. ARCHIVED-Xandabar Guest

Well said....I cant believe all the whinning about the wolf form... If ya dont like it either change yer class of char or just dont use it. Plain n simple...../shrug
  15. ARCHIVED-Balthazaral Guest

Well said....I cant believe all the whinning about the wolf form... If ya dont like it either change yer class of char or just dont use it. Plain n simple...../shrug

---------------------------

Heh, maybe you're not getting what was said... Or something.
  16. ARCHIVED-Ramanga Guest

I'm glad it has been included. That's five months of programming well spent.
  17. ARCHIVED-Katzentatze Guest

Why play a Druid, if you dont like your Animal form? Go play Cleric. It would be nice to have later wolf forms look, well a bit aged or just plain nicer.

Message Edited by Katzentatze on 04-20-2005 02:13 AM
  18. ARCHIVED-Spagma Guest

Personally I don't like the wolf form because the way it moves. It can't really put my finger on it, but it moves differently. I strafe alot and I think its because the wolf form does not strafe, but turns to run sideways. Not sure if thats it but something definitely does bother me about it. So much so, I don't use the buff.
  19. ARCHIVED-Lopan13 Guest

For the "If you dont like forms then dont play druids" folks, are you serious?

On your alts, do you always have your hood up? Do you like the benifit of wearing a helmet, but also the the pleasure of seeing the critter you created? Can you see the other side? that after level 20 some of us wardens wanna see the /emotes, see the combat arts, see the casting and all that accompanies not being wolf form? And yes this is in the having cake and eatin it too mentallity, but seriously, wahts the point of having cake, if you cant eat it :)

Besides, im sexy as a wolf, but im *$%#&! sexy in mah regular form, lets try and be focused on whats emportant, eh?
  20. ARCHIVED-Balthazaral Guest

I still think the real issue is that the animations we get and the forms we have access to suck for the most part. They are fun for a couple days, but (wolf form for example) not the entire lifetime of your character.