Yay finally 350 tinkering... but one upset

Discussion in 'Tradeskill Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-Blakeavon, Apr 15, 2007.

1. ARCHIVED-Blakeavon Guest

Finally i have reached 350 tinkering, got half before the changes and half after. Love it so much fits so well with my gnome character. Other than my constant verbal outpouring of emotions (ie screams) everytime i ran out of loams i had so much fun. Except lets forget the amount of 'encouragement' needed to force er get guildies to help me harvest. but i only have one complaint... all the time i was level i keep seeing things like jar of spiders, baskets of snakes and the like and though way cool to have things like that i could throw into battle. they arent overpowered nor can you use them often. just kinda fun. but *sighs* i got to 350 and there is NOTHING like that we can can use at 70 :( .... the only one that seems to work in Go Fasta Pocket Cyclone but thats only on 65 or under which means very few mobs indeed at 70. these things are fun and cute they dont do much damage but made tinkering exciting ... feel a little upset that there isnt one of these damage things i can use at 70 other than that *beams* im 350 tinkerer *gnome dance*
  2. ARCHIVED-Prodigus Guest

Congrats on your work! Now its time to collect some rare recipes. The Hover device is nice for playing around with. Its like 48% run speed and it can easily be recharged with the new gasser recipe for a mere gold or two. The Mender is nice to have along for learning a new raid zone or suicidal casters. The mem-wiper is nice to have on you. Used him on Prime twice successfully =) Oh, and the item that turns you into a clockwork is pretty cool...especially when you die or FD..
  3. ARCHIVED-JesDer Guest

Grats on 350 I was all motivated to level tinkering .. hit 227 then looked at the price of the overclocked hovering device on the broker .. Yah .. I havent put much time into leveling since then ( 24p for a blueprint?! ).. I figure once I actually level to 62 I will be motivated again :) As far as the swarmpets .... The reuse timer is WAY too high to make them even worthwhile to keep on me. Which is a shame since I really looked forward to using them.
  4. ARCHIVED-Ebjelen Guest

[p]Thanks for the discouragement :roll:[/p][p]I too have noticed the uselessness of the items even at only 180. But my guild is sure loving those TS boosters.[/p][p]I was hoping things like the monkey would have actually been a gag pet monkey rather than the swarm pet, so was the guild. That would have been a great gag item for parties.[/p]
  5. ARCHIVED-JesDer Guest

oh .. just incase you didnt notice .. The different % TS devices will stack .. so you could use both the 1% and 2% at the same time :) I am not sure about the harvesting devices, I will have to test this later (didnt think of it till now).
  6. ARCHIVED-Iseabeil Guest

[p]Ive just gotten my second character to 350 in tinkering (dun ask why.. lol), and Ill have to agree its a bit disappointing at the end, especially when looking at all the fun toys that were removed, Id loved the one time use mailbox thing for example. The items that do exist and espeically the tinkerer only ones make it worth for me, but stuff like the swarm pets are lacking atm in my eyes, I done each once only to see the graphics, but never bothered again afterwards, and that makes a lot of the recipes only usefull for grinding on.[/p][p] [/p]
  7. ARCHIVED-Blakeavon Guest

[p]Good to know im not alone in my feelings of tinkering at the end game. i enjoyed the class, had so much fun in it. but there is no market from what we make beside the havesting devices, crafting station things, with everything else being tinkerer only means the class becomes about how it can make ourselves better in adventuring. Dont get me wrong the feign death item is a thing of beauty but darn it i wanted to use the Clockwork squire thing in battle at 70 :) [/p][p]i do have my hover device which i love, but shame it despawns once you start fighting :( so its not something to replace a horse. luckly im a bard so my speedy feet are at 44% so i never used my horse any way, but the 1% increase and zooooming around on a cloud is fun.[/p][p] [/p]
  8. ARCHIVED-Wrapye Guest

There is a dropped recipe for a 'swarm' pet, the Magnetized Generator. IIRC it is a skill level 170 recipe that creates a level 33 pet like the others, except that it will attack mobs higher than level 65. I've sent mine against The Matron, primarily to help time the AoE (I wasn't expecting it to hit a 75^^^x4). Despite being a dropped recipe, there are no rare raws needed.