YARBT

Discussion in 'Expansions and Adventure Packs' started by ARCHIVED-sgbarber, Jan 5, 2008.

1. ARCHIVED-sgbarber Guest

(Yet another RoK Blows Thread)

Rather than just ********, here's a list of potential fixes:

1) Increase XP in Karnor's Castle & City of Mist.
    Every day I log in and see peeps level 70 - ~73 LFG for hours wondering why no one wants to group with them...
    They generally get quite discouraged when I tell them they need to do solo-quest for 5 to 7 levels before they can hit the instances and that the dungeons are crap for XP.

2) Reduce the lock-out time of Chelsith
    The lock-out on Chelsith is longer than the rest of the instances... why exactly?
    Isn't the lame drop-rate enough of a handicap for the zone?

3) Merge some servers
    What sense is there in forcing solo quest lines for leveling in a MMORPG?
    Please read the writing on the wall and start merging servers.
    There's this really nice instancing feature in the game that is never put into effect except at the launch of an expansion for about a week....
    then we never see Kylong Plains 2 ever again.

4) Introduce 6-12 involved Heritage Quest.
    I know this is a lot of work, but you guys just simply missed the boat on this one.
    Once you are 80/140 there's just nothing to do in this expansion except come to the boards & complain.
    With a solid group you're locked out of all the instances after a few hours and with scrubs you can't even clear them.
    Raiding requires flagging, so pick-up raids are regulated to the worthless tier-1 raid zones.
  2. ARCHIVED-therodge Guest

sgbarber wrote:
    1. ok sure why not
    2 see above
    3. first merging servers is a bad idea, 1 being servers arnt meant to hold that type of load, second my server is full of peaple im never lfg for more then 30min unless i want to be lazy and not activly seek a group, and thats on a slow day, third im 75 and since expantion came out have not. played more then 20 hours total (collage cristmas etc money kept me from paying my eq2 bill.) i got to 72 with quests, the last 3 levels i have done 3 quests and have grinded my way up, why you ask? why when its faster questing? becuase i didnt race to 80 so i could sit at 80 like you are now im enjoying myself i LIKE grouping so i group i DONT LIKE questing so i dont. questions?
    4. first no one to blame but yourself, but not the point. the devs are working their behinds off on 24 very long very difficult quests and thats a ton of work, anything more might kill them. They are human beings try working 18 hours a day for a couple weeks then have a guy ask you to double your work load then come back with and see how you feel. probobly pissed off, once again though not the point. i sat at 70 with 100 aas for almost a year youve been sitting at 80 their what a month 2 maybe, i STILL had things to do after that year, their are a ton of quests you can do, dont like quests? farm for group loot, Got all available upgrades? raid, guild doesent raid? find a raid guild, or you know because your so l33t why not help your lower level guildies, or lower level toons period, reroll a new toon, if you cant find something to do your eather stupid (which frankly you dont come off as a moron so i hope you can prove me wrong) or your like a kid who every time you give them food they say "no i dont want it, i want cake" and frankly wont take anything but, and just like a whiney child. youll eather take whats givin to you are starve to death (quit) in which may i ask can i have your stuff?
  3. ARCHIVED-sgbarber Guest

These problems with the game are hardly my doing.
    Those are 4 fairly simple things they can actually do to help make the game fun for people who don't like pointless solo quest.

Maybe some servers still have a strong non-xenophobic user-base but Mistmoore doesn't.
  4. ARCHIVED-Journee Guest

Personally I HATE the idea of merging servers. The base population on most servers is high enough to support the needs of the server. Maybe you might want to look at a server transfer? I'm not being snotty I'm being sincere, no sarcasim intended here. Maybe your server is just small but please don't force the rest of us to be over loaded for a couple small servers.
    ~Journee~
    /my 2 cp worth anyway :)
  5. ARCHIVED-Beghard Guest

Why would grind the levels in Kunark!????? LOL!
  6. ARCHIVED-sgbarber Guest

Journee wrote:
    3) Merge some servers
    ... not all of 'em
    And I have thought about a server transfer...
  7. ARCHIVED-Signal9 Guest

sgbarber wrote:
    Please define "strong non-xenophobic user-base" in relation to Mistmoore.

We have an unreasoning fear of alien beings? Or we just don't group with you?
    I see many folks putting out the LFG calls in level chat nightly. You can usually see enough folks looking to put together a non-standard group in fairly short order. Be proactive, start the group yourself, and you can be LFM, not just LFG.