XP on Fallen gate and a quick leveling class

Discussion in 'General TLE Discussion' started by Shaidin, Jun 22, 2017.

1. Shaidin Member

Hi all,

My friend and I have been gone for *Years* and we thought we would come back for fallen gate. To make it more fun (for us anyway) we thought we would race each other to level 30 and I had a few questions.

1st: what will xp be like on FG? I read that penalties for xp would come back but what does that mean exactly? Death penalties or race class>? or just lower xp across the board?

2nd what are the fastest leveling classes? He and I have done a few practice runs with a few different classes on the other progression server, and he says he can finish queens colony and hit lvl 6 in 45 mins. It took me an hour to hit lvl 6 and I still have a few quests to do... (which doesnt bode well for me in our race to 30.

3rd: would beastlord or channeIer be worth buying?

I would be very thankful for any advice you guys might have.
  2. Adjuvant1 Member

xp before 12 or so isn't worth discussing. The people who will level fastest will be the people contributing in 5 or 6 person groups of appropriate level content, grinding for hours, for the group and dungeons xp bonus and zero downtime. Outside of grouping, it's mostly your individual skill developed at soloing, but favoring summoners, enchanters, crusaders, rogues, beastlords and rangers.
  3. Vunder Well-Known Member

Note for Beastlords. You won't have your questlines for the warder stuff for awhile.
    Mizgamer62 likes this.
  4. Synistra Active Member

First of all welcome back, EQ2 is a really beautiful game and it keeps drawing me back in too! Personally I find pet classes easiest to solo with. This is just my personal experience and I have always favored ranged/mage classes. For priests I have known people who swear by Inquisitors but I don't know much about them, I always went Templar for the heals. When the game first opened I played a Fury and I always had fun leveling her, not as fast as a Conjuror for me, but not as slow as a Shaman (mystic/defiler). I really think it will all depend on what you have the most fun playing and what you really get into. If you've always liked being a finger wiggler then you'll probably level fastest on a mage.

As far as the exp rates, we really don't know. If they stick to Stormhold launch levels then it will be slow but doable. You and your friend grouping up together with 2 classes that sync well would probably net you faster experience than soloing.

As far as Beastlords and Channelers I have 0 idea, sorry. I've never played either of them but from what I understand they are very AA dependent. Someone please correct me if I am wrong.
  5. Meneltel Well-Known Member

You might also look into the shiny collections, I know that was used to level fast elsewhere in EQ2 also. Don't know if that will still work, but just passing it along to be tried.
    Cyrrena likes this.
  6. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

As Meneltel said, the shinies allowed people to jump tremendously in level last summer on RtT, but not all shinies were available to all players.

Cyrrena
  7. docsam Member

I too want to come back for this server but I returned for last server and it was painfully slow esp quest experience.
    Now I am not looking to be level 60 in 1 week or anything like that but the beauty of EQ2 on live servers is I can fit it in my casual play and still have 1-2 alts
    When I came for the last TLP server it was so slow for experience( i like quest and shinies) I left in my early 20s
    So for me experience is key - I have no time to evergrind
    Be grateful if anyone could shine some light on how experience will be.
  8. Seriously Member

" Will experience values be tuned for Fallen Gate?
    Experience penalties have been returned to launch values."

Meaning, the same as it was with Stormhold. (what the majority of players requested)
  9. Albertine Member

Racing to 30 sort of misses the point of a timelock. I mean, you have 12 weeks to max out your level. That's a long time. The appeal of the thing is to slow down and try to complete everything, sell everything, slowly enjoy content. I'd get burnt out if all I did was run around worrying about my level. This time around, I want to actually read things, do all the quests, and stuff. And gain about 35 lbs in real life on nothing but cocoa puffs.
    Fink, Lagerale and Prissetta like this.
  10. Gnaeus New Member

Man I hope people don't race along and just end game raid for three months! Part of the appeal of the new server is that the lower level areas are relevant again. Things like T1 & T2 crafting hopefully be relevant again. I don't want to sprint, I want to enjoy the ride. However is everyone is riding Marketplace mounts with full sets of gawdy marketplace appearance items and it feels everything is rushed, I will be sad I spend the £8.99.
  11. Dude Well-Known Member

Some people will play that way. Some won't. Play it your way, enjoy it, and don't worry about what "everyone" is doing.
  12. Savaj New Member

I still don't think it's really that long. Maybe I'm wrong but I figure I'll need to work on crafting, leveling up, and then doing all content before they do the next unlock.

I'm excited to try this because I was never really into EQ2 when the previous expansions were live and would like to fully embrace each tier and the raid content it offers.
  13. Thadd New Member

Am I missing something? The servers are up and I don't see FG server as a choice?
  14. Savaj New Member

2pm Central Time i believe.
    Lagerale likes this.
  15. Thadd New Member

Ok, I have been everywhere and cant find a time posted. I took off work for this and have to wait all day? Boooo!
  16. Lagerale Member

I can't find anything official either but multiple threads have people saying noon PST which is 2 CST and 3 EDT.
  17. Thadd New Member

One would think they would do a better job at keeping people updated...
  18. Lagerale Member

A couple Dev's have posted on the forum here in some threads and confirmed launch time is Noon PST, but yes you'd think it would be listed under the Fallen Gate FAQ's.
  19. docsam Member

still looking for an answer about how experience is compared to last TLE.
    Found the quest xp very poor on last TLE
  20. Savaj New Member

Reset to launch values.. so I imagine the same as Stormhold.
    Lagerale likes this.