Xp ideas 50-60 ?

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by ARCHIVED-prince_sd, Jan 31, 2006.

1. ARCHIVED-prince_sd Guest

I am trying EQ2 again for a month and wanted to see if i can get as close to 60 as possible by the time kingdom of sky is released.

Any ideas for levelling from 50-60 will be greatly appreciated. If it is some quest-related xp and not just plain grinding it would be all the more better.

Mind you given that most people are already 60 it might be hard to find a full group. I will mostly have to solo, possibly duo.
  2. ARCHIVED-quamdar Guest

there is a good camp in clefts on the third floor that you can get some good exp at witha full group or you can stick to bottom floor and solo. then for soloing i would move into silent city right at the entrance there are like 55 solo mobs and several named spawns. from there prolly harpies or something in PoF.
  3. ARCHIVED-Eirgorn Guest

There are two nice long quest lines you can work on for extra xp and goodies, plus they will take you on a tour of most of DoF.
    The first is the Peacock Series that starts in Maj Dul outside of the Golden Scepter by talking to the person with the Terrorantula Gang (or something similiar). The first quest is Damsel in Distress and the series will take you through Maj Dul, Sinking Sands, Living Tombs and Silent City for the most part. The final part of the quest will require a raid though to go into the Fountain of Life and kill the Godking.
    Here is a link to a pretty good walkthrough: http://www.mithrilweb.com/mwbb/viewtopic.php?t=2260 And here is a list of just the quests with links to EQ2i:
    • 4. Down to the Last Peacock
    • 7. Delving into Darkness

The second starts at Ghassan the Trader in Sinking Sands and is a long series that takes you to the Pillars of Flame and the end reward is a nice necklace with FT1 and 660 heat resists (Amulet of the Sword of Ro).
    Here is a quick walkthrough for the quest series for the Amulet of the Sword of Ro.
    Ghassan The Trader - Sinking Sands at the docks
    Hides for Ghassan
    Spice Delivery
    Venomous Venture
    Questionable Merchandise
    A Delecate Matter
    Another Employer
    Rashad - Sinking Sands
    The Search Begins
    The Lonely Crypt
    The Final Piece
    Sergeant Tuskin - PoF Swiftrider Camp
    Scouting and Stingers
    Sandscrawler Studies
    The Prophet Problem
    Quarry Quibbles
    Disciple Shula - PoF Ortillian Camp (near Swiftriders)
    Hide for a Hide
    Amongst the Mad
    Grueling Times
    Of an Order
    Skills of the Char Gin
    Shiraj al Din - PoF Char Gin Camp
    In the Pick of Time
    Divine Retribution
    Drowned Treasure Into the Past
    Thats it! Congratulations on your +14 INT/STA/WIS +660 sv heat +1 flowing thought necklace!
    Message Edited by Eirgorn on 01-31-200604:39 PM
  4. ARCHIVED-jeanjuedi Guest

Good post Eirgorn.
    Also would suggest getting faction with at least one of the Maj'Dul courts, Blade/Truth/Coin. These can be started by talking to NPCs near the docks in Sinking Sands. Getting access and improved faction with one of these courts leads to more quests that are soloable. One which is a must I think is the Call of Ro which is like your Call of the Overlord, only to Maj'Dul. Tears Grifters quests also reward a somewhat decent amount of xp, coin, and faction tokens which you can turn into NPC's in the Tower of Moon. There are plenty of quests to do to help get you to 60, explore and enjoy!
  5. ARCHIVED-stgninja Guest

Epic room FTW.
    3rd floor in the clefts has a room full of epic x 2. You can do laps around that room killings things, by the time you get back to where you started from everything has respawned. Great exp from low to mid 50s. Beyond that I really can't tell you as I'm only 55.
  6. ARCHIVED-SPAM_is_bad Guest

Play to have fun and you will level soon enough.....simple as that no?
  7. ARCHIVED-Caliban Guest

50-54 in SS west graveyard, get a sanctorium group or in behind clefts, on the cliff group to the Cache.

54+ go look for a group doing Roost, in Clefts zone. or especially Giants, or maybee tables in Pillar of Flames zone.
  8. ARCHIVED-Badd Boy Guest

Clefts War room....second floor. Early 50's got me about 30% an hour with vitality. 55-57 is about 25-28% an hour with vitality. Just work the room in a clockwise mode from outside pulling from doorways as you go around. IT is great.
  9. ARCHIVED-Tallika_Runwithbears Guest

and three different names randomly spawn around the table in the center.
  10. ARCHIVED-radical_EDWARD Guest

yeah clefts is best xp if you want to powerlevel, even when the mobs are green u can kill them really fast :) thats how i get to 60.

[IMG]
  11. ARCHIVED-prince_sd Guest

thanks everyone for the suggestions.

It seems like the clefts floors are the shiznit. I'll try it out :smileyhappy:
  12. ARCHIVED-WooTastic Guest

For soloing, those quests in Sinking Sands are pretty good, as the exp for mob killing + quest completion adds up. They work well starting in the low 40's even solo, but they quickly get to the point where you'd need to duo or group them if you're still in the low 40's.
  13. ARCHIVED-majin3110 Guest

I had fun in Living Tombs when i rarely do solo. You can stick with the lvl 53 solo mobs in the front of the place and it will give decent exp. There is a named near the entrance to the zone by clearing off the undead in the center of the yard there.. Drops a nice Fabled 2h staff for summoners, http://eq2.ogaming.com/db/items/YeddahdsCaduceus.php . Is a heroic^ with 2v . Soloable at 52 by a necro. If ya get tired of those, you can go deeper inside and kill the lvl 52^^ heroics also soloable at 52. Just another little idear for ya.