XP from Heroics bugged?

Discussion in 'General TLE Discussion' started by Chath, Apr 6, 2018.

1. Chath Well-Known Member

So when duoing with my partner at level 63 in Sanctum of the Scaleborn, I noticed xp seemed pretty slow, and had seemed similarly slow in other heroic dungeons. While it doesn't tell you how much xp you get in the current message, you do get numbers on your actual xp bar, so I was able to see the value of kills. Feeling like I was kind of wasting our time, we went to Loping Plains, and I was very surprised to see solo mobs give essentially the same xp values as triple-ups - if there was any difference at all, it wasn't apparent to me. Is this some strange consequence from duoing, or some other factor, or is it just a straight-up bug? It seemed really weird. I know xp being slow is part of the charm of the server, but doing heroic stuff in a small group seems like orders of magnitude slower than questing which definitely wasn't my experience in the original game, so it seems to fall short of the goal of replicating the original-game experience. It's kind of disappointing since grinding in Sanctum was one of the things I enjoyed most when Kingdom of Sky originally released.
  2. Fistpower Well-Known Member

XP on content other than EoF heroics(Crushbone keep, Kaladim, Klak, New Tunaria) wont recieve any bonus XP.

What you are experiencing is the normal XP gain. If you want faster XP doing the zones listed will help you. Its by design and added in to the game by Caith a few weeks after DoF unlocked.
  3. Tharrakor Well-Known Member

Yeah everything except EoF zones are like grinding in quicksand. I mean, it's good that some zones have bonus xp because otherwise I probably wouldn't even have the patience to play here, but on the other hand it's killing all dungeons except the ones with bonus xp. I'd rather they just increase the overall xp gain and skip the bonus xp zones but that's just my opinion.
  4. Chath Well-Known Member

Alright, thank you. Is it just whatever zones are the most recent to unlock for a particular level range, or are they manually tagged? When further expansions unlock, will zones lose their xp bonus even if there's no relevant replacement in new expansions (for example, all mid-level zones after Kunark unlocks), or will the most recent ones for a given level range remain viable?
  5. Simparri Active Member

It seems that as a new expansion is opened up the last xpac zones lose their bonus. Example Sinking Sands lost their bonus when new zones opened up. Went through One Rock about a month before new xpac opened & got 4-5 levels going through. Next run through after new xpac only gained one level.
  6. Drona Well-Known Member

I have created a new toon on FG and just finished IoR. I am level 7 right now. Given this, where should I go to level in order to maximise xp gain please?

The quest I have tells me to go al wailing caves but I guess I will not get any bonus xp if I go there? Is there low level zones as part of EoF?
  7. Ruallin Ebonhammer Active Member

Yes, EoF has content from 1-70.

The Nursery area of Greater Faydark is the starter area if you want to start the quest lines at the beginning.
    Drona likes this.