XP at 100

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by Argent, Jan 4, 2021.

1. Argent Active Member

Upon reaching 100, I completed the Altar of Malice crafting timeline. For this, I received 1% experience?!?

Now that it is complete, I took the daily quest that Skrit offered today, "Sour Pickles" This is a level 100 quest.

Upon completing it, with my newly earned Mark of the Far Seas (20% xp bonus), an empyral nail of experience (15.9 xp bonus [I assume %, but it does not say]), during the double XP holiday bonus, AND with a 100% XP potion, I received 27,000 tradeskill XP with 104,549 XP bonus for a total of 131,549

The XP required from 100 to 101 says 174,982,500. So, with items increasing XP, a holiday bonus and a 100% potion, I would need to repeat this quest 1,330 times, or every day for 3.64 years.

Crafting a single even level item results in a total of 409xp, which means 427,830 items (again, with double holiday XP, bonus items, and a potion).

Can this possibly be correct, or is something wrong? I realize there are other timelines available, but I'm no longer playing this character for adventure, and running around trying to dodge mobs that will one shot me is not my idea of fun.
  2. Finora Well-Known Member

It is correct. Those questlines were not meant to level anyone past 100. The level cap was 100 at the time and for a couple of year afterward.
    To level effectively post 100, you would need to go to the post 100 expansions and do the questlines there (PoP).

You can plug away at AoM dailies, ToT questlines, and KA questlines, and writs, but it will take a long time. Of the three, I think writs would be fastest, though that might have changed since I did it on a couple of characters. however, none of them compare even slightly to the xp you would get from doing the appropriate leveling questline.

And just an FYI, doing the crafting questline in PoP should get you at least most of the way to 120 so you won't have to do the super awful for low levels BoL crafting questline. If it doesn't get you to 120, you can start on the CD questline.
    Breanna and WhysperWynde like this.
  3. Argent Active Member

Ahhh, this makes sense.

Thanks for the reply Finora.
    Finora likes this.
  4. Torri Active Member

As someone who came back 3 months ago from 2015 when the level cap had just been raised to 100 here is what I found

As Finora said, don't expect much at all from ToT and KA as far as exp goes (Though I would say both timelines have rewards that make it worth the time investment). A week or two after I returned there was a double exp/status event. I did rush orders on a character with vitality (Took 9-11 to complete a level as I went on) and went from 100 to 108. Then after a couple of weeks I went back to that character and attacked the PoP tradeskill line and I was 120 before completing it with just vitality and the 20% exp potions that you can get from the older research assistant daily tasks
    Finora likes this.
  5. WhysperWynde Well-Known Member

When you talk about doing Tradeskill Quest to level, do you mean getting to Level 120 in your Tradeskills or in Adventuring? Can doing Tradeskill Quests raise your Adventure Level? I never thought about this before.
  6. Panthur Member

I ran my main and some alts thru BOL ts line, 100% exp pot, 100% vitality...needless to say they went from 110 to 120 in 5 quests hehe.
  7. Finora Well-Known Member

You can not level adventuring doing tradeskill quests.