Xelgad, any chance of changes to Paladin heals in part B of this LU

Discussion in 'General Fighter Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-RAYVEN2, Sep 10, 2010.

1. ARCHIVED-RAYVEN2 Guest

Xelgad wrote :
    "
    First, let me reiterate that it's very important to us that abilities scale at a balanced rate. As I posted in the test feedback forum, that was really the primary reason for the heal crit change. It's a waste of time for us to balance abilities for a certain gear level if better gear next expansion is going to benefit some abilities more than others. Overall, I think the change has helped the situation to a degree, but we are still working on fine tuning it.
    It's very likely that Lay on Hands will become percent based in the future, and we'd like to change some of your other heals as well. However, instead of shifting to more damage reduction/mitigation abilities, we would rather increase heal amount, increase cooldowns, and, perhaps, reduce the casting time of your heals/ward. If we made those changes, casting your heals and ward every time they're up would result in lower total heals per second, but the abilities would be better for countering spike damage.
    Feedback on this general idea would be appreciated."
    Thanks for responding to the Paladin community Xelgad but when are the changes to Paladin heal spells going on test? You guys can't leave us broken for months on end. I know you guys have a lot of work to do but this should be a priority issue and we should not have to live with broken heals all the way up until next expansion. Is there any hope of getting some paladin changes into part "B" of this coming LU? Healing is one of the signature abilities of Paladins. We use healing to deal with spike damage and to protect our groups so I am hoping we get some changes to our heal abilities sooner rather than later. Currently our heals are not even worth casting. Thanks.
  2. ARCHIVED-Rahatmattata Guest

RAYVEN2 wrote:
    lololololololololololololololol You guys are hanging onto that quote like the promise of your next crack fix.
    Fix unyielding will please. Why does the (supposedly) most defensive tank have the worst death save in the game
  3. ARCHIVED-RAYVEN2 Guest

This is something that needs to be fixed. If you want unyielding will fixed please start another thread for that and don't try to derail this one. Thank you.
  4. ARCHIVED-Landiin Guest

In 22 month maybe. But really you guys are not hurting your class is still the MT of choice. Don't be scared of a little competition my man.
  5. ARCHIVED-RAYVEN2 Guest

Always the same two guardians jumping in every Paladin topic. Anyway, you don't play a palidan so you don't know if we are hurting or not. Considering that fact your statement is pretty empty.
    Regardless of what you guardians think Paladin heals need to be reworked. They are interuptable and do not scale properly for the content which makes casting them worthless. The crit change made whole AA lines useless. Holy aid, determinations of faith, prayer, ETC, all useless wastes of space on the hot bar. Our group heal now hardly moves the health bar of squishies let alone our health. Its not right for any class to have useless core abilties.
    So, I ask again how long until we start seeing something in the test notes about changes to our heals. Thanks.
  6. ARCHIVED-Kota Guest

i'd hardly say paladins are broken
  7. ARCHIVED-Landiin Guest

Where did I say they don't need adjusting? I just said you are not hurting any and like Tenka said, you are far from broke. To me it sounds like all the QQing is because some of you Pally's are scared you may lose your MT spots if your easy mode is taken away. You spot is safe until the next expansion and maybe even then if you don't suck, I am sure of it.
  8. ARCHIVED-RAYVEN2 Guest

The devs mentioned that Paladin heals would get reworked. The point of the post was to ask the devs when we would start seeing the changes to our heals. This is not a "what tank is best post" or a "Which tank is doing well post." The point here is "when are we going to see these changes on the test server." We should not have to live with half our spells being useless. If you think Paladins are fine the way they are thats your opinion and you're welcome to it. Obviously the devs agree our heal spells need to be reworked and I believe this should be a priority for the coming LU. I am hoping the devs agree with me. If you want to comment on the health or viability of the Paladin class please open another thread for that. I am hoping for an answer from a dev on this. Thanks.
  9. ARCHIVED-Jeal117 Guest

okay... toranx.. and rhat... you guys are complete trolls.. you have no room to speak about the paladin class and judging by your current progression you have no room to really speak at all.. if you're gonna be loudmouthed garbage spewing trolls at least have some form of legitimacy to your claims and your abilities as a player before you speak up. i don't want to see your qq nerfbat crying bs in any pally thread again.. its getting older and more ridiculous with each of your worthless posts.
  10. ARCHIVED-Landiin Guest

Really I hope you guys get an adjustment Ray, I don't want to see another tanking class go 2 years like guards with out the promised adjustments. Do I think you are in as bad as shape as guards are in now? Not by a far stretch of the imagination.
  11. ARCHIVED-Landiin Guest

Jeal@Unrest wrote:
    Really jeal, If you didn't play a crusader you wouldn't be in your spot in a raid force like your in if you didn't' play one of the OP classes in history. *edit to take out personal attack*
    The only thing I have ever spoke up on about nerf to the crusaders is knights stance. And only thin I've said the shield should be nulled out. (that means the benefit of the shield should be taken out, in case you need help with null)
    If you had half the skill and knowledge as Boli maybe just maybe your heals wouldn't of been nerfed so bad. Boli was the only crusader putting out hard data and facts. Boli is one of the only crusader I have mad respect for and you are not one of the others.
  12. ARCHIVED-Rahatmattata Guest

RAYVEN2 wrote:
    I play a zerker, but whatever. There are far more important things to work on than buffing paladins. Get in line.
  13. ARCHIVED-Rahatmattata Guest

Jeal@Unrest wrote:
    That's pretty funny coming from the biggest troll on these boards.
  14. ARCHIVED-RAYVEN2 Guest

Please stay on topic. Like I said, the point of this post is to ask the devs when we will start seeing the changes to Paladin heals. This is not a topic for people to bicker and argue on. Please stop attempting to derail the thread.
    "There are far more important things to work on than buffing paladins. Get in line." - Rahat
    No one is asking the devs to buff Paladins, we are asking them to fix something that was recently broken. There have been some good discussions on what exactly to do to fix them. Xelgad stated that there was a good possibility LoH would become % based. The paladin community would like to see these changes sooner rather than later.
    "Really I hope you guys get an adjustment Ray, I don't want to see another tanking class go 2 years like guards without the promised adjustments." - Landiin
    That’s exactly the point of my post Landiin and I agree with you that no class should have to wait months or years for their core abilities to be useful. At least in this case the devs have already stated that they realize there is a problem and that our heals need some improvement. I am hoping that translates to quick action on fixing them. The point of this post though was not to talk about the viability of Paladins but to ask when the needed changes are going to be put into the game. I'd gladly talk to you about what I think of the class on another thread.
    I realize there is a lot of bitterness on these fighter boards but this thread does not ask to nerf anyone, it doesn’t ask to give paladins some new off the wall ability. This thread just asks for the changes mentioned in the quote. Xelgad seems to already have most of the changes thought out. Healing is a core Paladin ability so this thread should not be met with the hostility I am seeing. There is a whole board here just for you to post your ideas for your own class. Your energy would likely be better served advocating for the changes *you want to see for your own class.
  15. ARCHIVED-BChizzle Guest

RAYVEN2 wrote:
    You should have put this thread in the paly forum, you put it in the fighter forum dont cry when other fighters chime in.
  16. ARCHIVED-Jeal117 Guest

Toranx@Crushbone wrote:
    this post reeks of complete ignorance... like all of your posts... not surprising
    and calling me a troll is ridiculous cause i generally stay out of your threads untill you start crying nerfbat about MY CLASS THAT I REPRESENT... i'm very happy guards are getting a boost cause they did need some loving... but when you start CRYING ALL OVER THE BOARDS ABOUT YOUR INABILITY TO PLAY THE GAME... yeah that strikes a nerve with me... anyways when you guys l2p i'll consider your oppinions valid.. till then... all you're speaking is bs
    btw... talk to anyone who has played with me about my supposed lack of skill... i'd love to hear what they have to say.
  17. ARCHIVED-Bruener Guest

Rahatmattata wrote:
    Toran and Rat-boy representin....

Representin what I am not sure...most likely all the slow kids out there that had to ride the short bus and wear a helmet.
    Jeal you will never talk any sense to these 2. They can't figure out how to play this easy game and rolled a top MT class and expect it to be top heroic tank too. Most likely they both started in the RoK days.
    These guys have been the squeaky wheel that finally got some fixes and immediately what are they doing? Trying to make sure any other fighter doesn't get fixes that need them. Its completely 2-faced and hypocritical. Sad that even after the changes they still won't be good at tanking and we will probably never be rid of them.
  18. ARCHIVED-Shareana Guest

Please keep on topic here. If you do not play that class, please try posting in your own forums, thank you!
  19. ARCHIVED-BChizzle Guest

Shareana wrote:
    In fairness this shouldn't even be in this forum you should move it to the paly forum.
  20. ARCHIVED-Rahatmattata Guest

Shareana wrote:
    I guess you didn't notice this is the fighter forum. Besides, I play a level 6 paladin. It's ez-mode.