X-pac in November

Discussion in 'Expansions and Adventure Packs' started by ARCHIVED-Merriestar, Jun 11, 2009.

1. ARCHIVED-Cusashorn Guest

^ In millions of years, The strip of California extending from San Fransisco to Baja California, Mexico will be an island at the same approximate longitude of Vancouver and Seattle.
  2. ARCHIVED-Zabjade Guest

I agree that Halas has drifted, just that it has not drifted as far as many people think it has. I could still see it as snowy but with green areas and bubbling hostsprings as social gathering areas (kilt optional, so be warned)
  3. ARCHIVED-sheila717 Guest

Cusashorn wrote:
    There are several instances in KoS where Quellthulian Erudites are with Beholder(ish) creatures, I dont think he was only talking about that island... :D
  4. ARCHIVED-Homeskillet Guest

Indeed, there is quite a bit of direct cooperation between Beholders and Quellthulians. In Lord Vyemm's Lab there is a dialogue between an erudite and a beholder right before Vyemm that pretty much confirms this, as well as the fact that there is a mix of Erudite and Evil Eye named in there as well among all the Droag. There is also Halls of Fate which is a zone full of droag and Quellthulians.
  5. ARCHIVED-Cusashorn Guest

The Abominations aren't Beholders though. Sort of a huge difference there.
  6. ARCHIVED-swbles Guest

Rashaak wrote:
    If halas isnt in the next x-pac that could make a really awsome game update.
  7. ARCHIVED-Galithdor Guest

Lizzoraus@Blackburrow wrote:
    Cant help but agree with you there :p
  8. ARCHIVED-Homeskillet Guest

Cusashorn wrote:
    I am not talking about the Abominations. There are specifically beholders working with Quellthulians for Lord Vyemm. Labs and Halls of Fate are technically one location, the end of Halls of Fate is where you zone in to Labs. Within Labs we see a Quellthulian and an Erudite arguing with eachother right before you fight Vyemm.
  9. ARCHIVED-LordPazuzu Guest

kela wrote:
    Over a great period of time. It's only been 500 years. Geologically speaking, 500 years is nothing. Using Earth as a base model, movement of our tectonic plates is measured annually in centimeters. Halas shouldn't have moved all that far.

Of course, we are talking about a planet whose moon exploded and is somehow still not only inhabitable, but relatively undamaged in the grand scheme of things.
  10. ARCHIVED-Cusashorn Guest

Homeskillet wrote:
    Thats ONE example. That does not mean anything at all in the slightest.

Meaghan@Lucan DLere wrote:
    500 years was more than enough to COMPLETELY TURN Qeynos Hills on a 90 degree axis. All of Antonica is what used to be Qeynos hills, a zone that ran north to south, with Qeynos on the south side. Now it runs east to west, with Qeynos on the west side, and the zone to Thundering Steppes (Plains of karana) on the South side.
    If a landmass that huge can be shifted like that, then a city is nothing in comparison.
  11. ARCHIVED-ke'la Guest

Cusashorn wrote:
    and lets not forget that well over half of what was Antonica Sunk into the Ocean... the Sea didn't rise as much as the land fell. Also Major "quakes" have been known to move land a number of Feet in a few seconds, and the Rending was a HUGE sierries of Massive quacks that torn the whole contenant apart.
  12. ARCHIVED-Homeskillet Guest

Cusashorn wrote:
    Five hundred years was enough for a dev to COMPLETELY FORGET where Befallen was located and place it within Antonica, then quickly bandaid the big "oopsy!" by calling it Stormhold and patching together a quick back story that did not quite get completely finished until not too long ago. I kind of chaulk that whole Qeynos hill rotation up to that one.
    But to quote a dev who recently spoke in regards to Kurn's sudden ties to the stupid effing void: "Maybe thats what you were made to think..." or as I read it, "Dur hur Vhalen did all that void story stuffs, lets do it too and call it CONTENT."
  13. ARCHIVED-Galithdor Guest

The void story line wont be wrapped up until Theer is gone, so that cannot be helped, Vhalen left behind a lot of Lore if i remember reading it right heh..

But yeah, looking at how Norrath was affected, i wouldnt be surprised if Halas was somehow broken off before getting destroyed...you dont see buildings or any sign of a destroyed city in Everfrost...i think :p
  14. ARCHIVED-ZexisStryfe Guest

I am going to go out on a limb here, but I don't think the next expansion is velious...
    Velious is too big of a deal to not have it in the title of the expansion (a la RoK and EoF). Plus, outside of the frost giants, I have seen no evidence of Velious in the files...
    I suppose we will find out at Fanfaire...
  15. ARCHIVED-ke'la Guest

Homeskillet wrote:
  16. ARCHIVED-Homeskillet Guest

Really, concscious decision to move it? So changing all the stuff that said "Befallen" to Stormhold later on in that zone had nothing to do with that right? Yes, totally a conscious decision to move Befallen...and have it exist in two places when they discovered it in Commonlands! TIME WARP?!?!? More like backpeddle.

As for your love of "veils", I am not knocking the void content as a whole. It has been there since launch, it has been very involving considering it ties into Varsoon, Everling, the Kingdom of Sky story arc, as well as Kunark. My point was, it should have been concluded. Kurn's tower was something the devs never finished when Kunark came out, and so they took all this extra time to do it and then tie it in with the Void. I am arguing my desire for this story to end, it is an obnoxious cliche "Look at this omigod awesome force that is the true enemy of all existance and will annoy the heck out of us forever and ever." The entirety of the Kurns story and additions could have been done without the Void and it would have been great. It could have focused on old Iksar lore, along with the Order of Rime and the Burynai and been amazingly cool. If you use that tearing away the "veil" argument, you can end up using it for anything, again and again, until it is well past the point of stupid. Not letting us know what is coming is done well with the Order of Rime. They are interesting, mysterious, and prompt you to actually care about their motives. I could care less what the Void wants especially when you set out from the beginning that their goal is domination, okay, we know their goal. The only surprise with the Void of any interest was Anashti Sul and the revelation that Varsoon works with her. Good stories know when to end, they don't tack on repetative "Oh by the way that crap we said before? Totally not what you thought."
  17. ARCHIVED-ke'la Guest

Homeskillet wrote:
    Did I ever say it wasn't supposed to be Befallen? No, I specifically used the word MOVE for a reason.
    They designed the zone to BE Befallen and have its zone in BE in Commonlands. They then Noticed that Antonica was short a Dungon, so instead of designing a NEW dungon and calling it Stormhold, or Dungon Number 2 or whatever, they took the 3rd Commonlands Dungon(knowen then as Befallen) and moved it to Antonica, Changed its name, and slapped a lore patch on it.
    We both agree that Stormhold was originally intended to be Befallen, we both agree that the lore that surrounds Stormhold is a Lore Patch...and a weak one at that. The only thing we dissagree on is WHY it is in Antonica.
    Personally I find it hard to believe that Vhalin, who did the lore for BOTH EQ1 and EQ2 from very early on, "Forgot" where Befallen was. I find it far more likly that they intended to build a Dungon called Stormhold, where it currently is, ran out of time and put Befallen(with a lore patch) there instead. Really if you look at the way Comminlands is layed out prior to the TSO Befallen, it kinda looks like it is missing a zone in that corner of the map.
  18. ARCHIVED-Homeskillet Guest

Cusashorn wrote:
    PS, looking at maps?As far as the world map between EQ1 and EQ2 is concerned, it is a perfect correlation. Granted EQ1 zone size and EQ2 zone size have some differences in design and scale, and this is true for the map as well. EQ1 cities and areas were designed for content and did not add as much focus on showing actual residential areas. Nonetheless, on a map of Norrath pre-rending Qeynos is a western port with large chunks of the Plains of Karana directly west but extending into large chunks divided into Northern, Eastern, Western and Southern quadrants. Post shattering the island of Karan has Qeynos as a western port city with Qeynos hills extending westward and leading southwest into the Thundering Steppes.
    Post Shattering Qeynos has the old Qeynos Gate located in Eldarr Grove, in the NORTHERN section of the city. Now, if you look at an existing map of Qeynos hills, it was a plain geometric rectangle that had you zone into Surefall Glade to the North and North Qeynos to the South, with the Western Plains of Karana on the east zone line. It was a tiny little coastal strip. The Isle of Zek is what remains of Surefall Glade and Jaggedpine Forest, due north of Karan and Qeynos specifically. In EQ2 they fleshed out Qeynos hills to be a much larger, diverse area, because if you kept the size the same between the two games we would be left with a Qeynos hills the size of South Qeynos as far as zone size goes. A portion of Qeynos hills should still extend East of the city which in EQ2 still is a southern coast area.
    So if you account for size differences between the two games designed years apart with vastly different engine capability, coupled with chunks of land being chewed off (specifically North of Qeynos that was) and shaken up. Then you take Qeynos, hit it in the face and force it to rebuild and shift it's primary gates to the East because their old Northan Gate faces water, your whole "rotated 90 degrees" thing kind of goes out the window.
  19. ARCHIVED-Cusashorn Guest

Homeskillet wrote:
    Just because the ISLAND of Zek did not rotate as Antonica did doesn't mean that Antonica is not on it's own tectonic plate.
    It still litterally rotated. Otherwise, Antonica in EQlive would be 4 times wider than it is long, which is clearly not the case.
  20. ARCHIVED-Homeskillet Guest

1) If Antonica rotated 90 degrees, it would likely longer be connected to the Thundering Steppes to form Karan unless the entire island of Karan rotated with it. Therefore the Thundering Steppes would be completely due south and EAST of Qeynos.
    2) The old North Qeynos gate in Eldarr Grove would be no longer facing North, and the city district of Eldarr Grove would be located WEST of North Qeynos, rather than North of it.
    3) Eldarr Grove is the ORIGINAL gate that you mentioned as the Southern oriented entrance to Qeynos. In it's existing position that all holds true.
    4) Assuming just the Antonica section of Karan was "rotated", there would have been a much greater amount of destruction along with a seperation point of either a large river or an entirely new mountain range instead of the original mountain range already seperating Qeynos hills from the Plains. Especially if Karan is composed of multiple plates.
    5) Blackburrow, being built into the mountain range between Qeynos Hills and the Plains of Karana would have been destroyed, utterly and violently by such a sudden and abrupt shift as it would have been effectively inside of a blender, made of rocks and violence. Instead it still exists and is relatively intact.
    6) Qeynos was damaged, but not utterly destroyed. If you say that Antonica and Qeynos were "rotated", then they decided to go move all existing edifaces within the city to a location that would suit it being rotated 90 degrees. Instead, the city exists and fits the scenario that I described, that the zones in EQ2 are partially reflecting both redesign to the larger, grander scale of a game that looks more realistic, and to reflect the damage of the rending.