X-pac in November

Discussion in 'Expansions and Adventure Packs' started by ARCHIVED-Merriestar, Jun 11, 2009.

1. ARCHIVED-Mordith Guest

I hope it's Velious, but just not a void infused Velious. That would be horrible.
  2. ARCHIVED-Gormak Guest

Mordith wrote:
    God yes. I really hope we are done with the void, atleast for the most part. Really felt this current expansion soewhat lame in terms of lore and how it played out. Especially after such an interesting story arc leading into the expansion.
  3. ARCHIVED-ke'la Guest

Gormak wrote:
    Well consitering the people we think are tied to Velious are attacking Kunark... instead of defending thier home... I would say that it is very possable that we will be done with the void...for the most part... befor the expainsion.
  4. ARCHIVED-Gaige Guest

Mordith wrote:
    See, this is why I have a problem with Velious. Everyone from EQ1 holds it in such high regard there is no way they can bring it to EQ2 without disappointing everyone.
  5. ARCHIVED-Mordith Guest

Gage wrote:
    While I played EQ1 and really enjoyed Velious, my comment has nothing to do with EQ1. I am just not a big fan of the "void" mobs/lore and think it has been a little overdone.
    Bring on the Chief! (sorry, another EQ1 reference).
  6. ARCHIVED-Galithdor Guest

NardacMM wrote:
    Thats what i was thinking...just sayin
  7. ARCHIVED-swbles Guest

Mordith wrote:
    guessing by the frozen island off of fens I'd say its going to be velious which is gonna be awsome!!!
  8. ARCHIVED-Cusashorn Guest

Gage wrote:
    Just seeing Velious return is guaranteed to please many people. We'll be disapointed if we see void-tainted creatures roaming the continent.
  9. ARCHIVED-Gaige Guest

Cusashorn wrote:
    They said that about Kunark... oh and they said that about Faydwer.
  10. ARCHIVED-Jasuo Guest

I hope if the level cap is increased it's only by 5 levels this time and it can't all be gained within a day or two via solo quests, you'd have less of an angry mob.
  11. ARCHIVED-Noaani Guest

Jasuo wrote:
    With a 5 level increase, even my alts would be capped on stats with their current gear. Besides the obvious fact that the game is designed with 10 level progression additions in mind, how would 5 levels actually benefit anyone?
  12. ARCHIVED-Guy De Alsace Guest

I'd pay good money if they didnt add any new content except a physics engine. Oh and chainmail bikini's. :D
  13. ARCHIVED-Kidan Guest

Beeeeastlord ;p
  14. ARCHIVED-Mordith Guest

If it is Velious, I would actually like to see the geography exactly the same as in EQ1. For those that didn't play EQ1, I would just say "trust me" on this one.
    As for Odus, I have mixed feelings on that one. I started my first toon on Odus and through the first 5 levels (which in original EQ, seemed to take a long time) I never saw anyone because people hated Toxx Forest. Now, the Hole was just a great zone with a great entrance through the rock. And the idea that you could fall into the Hole from Paniel was also genius.
  15. ARCHIVED-Galithdor Guest

If Velious melted, then refroze though, it wouldnt be the same as EQ1...just sayin :p
  16. ARCHIVED-Rashaak Guest

Cusashorn wrote:
    I can see Erudin being a dungeon. Kind of like New Tunaria. Could be Halas broke off and crashed into Odus and has the Erudites battling the Barbarians... /shrug
  17. ARCHIVED-Homeskillet Guest

Rashaak wrote:
    WHEN CONTINENTAL DRIFT ATTACKS - TONIGHT ON FOX.

Anyway, with all the lame "well omg the guards were called Sentinals so I think Odus!", thought I'd pitch in my predictions. The dragon's that guarded Kerafym and the ones that came there after he awoke could be considered Sentinel's, and the lack of a plural in the expansion title could mean little in that regard. Thus a primary focus will be on Velious. Honestly I would guess the following:
    -I agree with Cusa, Velious+ Odus is not out of the question.
    -Odus as a continent will be mainly unchanged but I see Paineel and or Erudin themselves destroyed or simply overrun, ie contested dungeons. Beholders/Evil Eye's seem to go hand in hand with Quellthulian Erudites as seen in Kingdom of Sky.
    -Likely there will be Quellthulian settlements, hostile or friendly would be unknown as Quellthulian seems to have become the general term for Erudites that did not opt to settle in Qeynos or Freeport. IE there are hostile Quelthullians all mixed up in what the dragons were doing in Kingdom of Sky, yet there are Quelthullians involved in the void in both Lavastorm and Moors.
    -The original Halas is gone. Sunk, underwater, ghostly Halasians in the drink all over Everfrost, done and done. None of this Halas broke off and floated like a raft because continents are not like...attached to anything and all and just kinda float on water..right?
    -New Halas itself will be a player city settlement in or near Velious. Their home was ruined, inhospitibal etc, so they went to the next cold place to build new lives. The Velious melting stuff garners some moronic theories honestly, as Velious was more land mass than ice, and the ice shelf was thin save for the coastal areas, and even then Iceclad was a ton of land. Also, ice=less molecularly dense than water. Anyhoo, I would say they would design an area much like Timorous Deep, the stand alone zone concept with decent progression for lowbies up through their 20s and even 30s, with much of Velious being tailored towards higher level content for 80-90 much like Kunark was. There will be an entrance to the Shard of Love within the city ala Shard of Hate in Neriak, with an additional entrance in Everfrost and/or Antonica.
    -If devs are playing their cards right they will do things like this; faction focused system involving dragons, Coldain, and Frost/Storm Giants just like in the original Velious. Rather than Kunark where you gained faction with every iksar group cuz the timelines told you to, you have viable choices to side with the Dwarves, Giants, Dragons and focus on that faction and it's rewards, in a similar way to DoF but on a grander scale and better implimented. Better implimentation meaning you actually give a damn about all these characters and the story. The signature quest for the expansion will tie into this faction holding much like the Ring of Fate quest as well, requiring even a progression through each faction before ultimately siding with one (as opposed to the post Ring of Fate hug fest between the fctions of Maj'dul). Oh and OMG COLDAIN RING WAR PLZ K THX.
    -The Order of Rime may factor into this as a new faction or foe to deal with in Velious, hopefully replacing the Void as the main antagonist or wild card element. This Void (Dominion, Shadows, Cylons, Discordian Forces, etc) crap being used as the overarching dominating force that will make everyone play nice and unite to fight the good fight stuff needs to go, like, yesterday.
    -The Order of Rime themselves seem to be led by Kraytoc in a quest for power, powerful items, artifacts etc, again hopefully having NOTHING to do with the Void. This could be something regarding Kerafym as far as Velious goes, or something even unknown. With the release of the EQ1 Underfoot expansion, there may be another plot involving the Underfoot, via Odus, Velious or both that may present hopefully new and unique elements.
    -"Sentinel's Fate" may also be referring to Kraytoc Killingfrost himself? Maybe he was originally someone who was placed as a Guardian of something by one of the Gods and he just kind of went awol and started this whole "Convert, Kill, Conquer" fad that has the kids in all a rage. Maybe there is someone else who drives Kraytoc, though he does seem to be in charge of this deal and very much searching for something like whoa.
    -There may also be another twist which could lead into an "SOE: Cha-ching" Planes of Power type expansion, where a guardian was put in place of the last Knowledge Portal on Norrath, or an unknown hidden one from before. Something happened to him that is tied to all of this, etc. We find him and we find the gateway to the outer Planes of Phat L00ts.
  18. ARCHIVED-Cusashorn Guest

Homeskillet wrote:
  19. ARCHIVED-Homeskillet Guest

Homeskillet wrote:
    Ack I meant to say "not" out of the question, my bad.
  20. ARCHIVED-ke'la Guest

Homeskillet wrote:
    Accually what you discribe here is basically how Plate Tectonics works, on earth, granted it is on earth not Norrath, and it is a "Fluid-like*" material that the plates are "floating" on but it is basically the same thing. Remember at some point LA will become part of Washington State, while SF will likly be part of the Ellusion Islands off Alaska... so cities can seperate from contanances the are "Attached" too.

*something that is normally soild but under the right stresses behaves like a liquid... Like Landfill in an Earthquake.