Wurmslayer: Finally, a *GOOD* monk-usable HQ Weapon

Discussion in 'Monk' started by ARCHIVED-Cusashorn, Mar 11, 2006.

1. ARCHIVED-Ssinista Guest

I recant my statement, you need to be a lvl 50 crafter to scribe the recipe. :)
  2. ARCHIVED-Gaige Guest

Do you ever add any comments that are worthwhile? Seriously, blaming raiders for everything and throwing around your uneducated opinion is getting old.
  3. ARCHIVED-Code2501 Guest

Having a bad day Gaige?
  4. ARCHIVED-Reposado Guest

Funny, why would a casual player even want this? If I was a crafter and never raided this would be on my wall faster than it would take to buy a stack of fuel :p
  5. ARCHIVED-Brixam Guest

I would have rather this and the other HQs been like the days of old and just be standard kill quests. However, SoE chose to introduce the crafting requirement so those will be the rules that we play by. I don't mind this because anyone with anykind of long-term vision is going to realize what this will do to the tradeskill market. Sure, there will be a large number of players that skip this quest. However, there's going to be a lot of people like me with a strong desire and way too much free time that will do this quest just to spite the system. If you think the tradeskill market is dead now, wait until there are hundreds more level 60+ crafters per server, flooding the market with cheap goods.

SoE wanted to load the gun and point it at the tradeskillers. I'm more than willing to pull the trigger. Grats.
  6. ARCHIVED-Cirth_Beer Guest

humm ... i'm so happy to have 1 character crafter and another which is my adventurer .... it would means that i must do tailoring up to lvl 50 (or 65 ?) because when i started the game i though tailoring was cool ... and i hate it ... so i made another character to craft... too bad for me i suppose i should have stickied with something i dont like to do :(
  7. ARCHIVED-Tappen Guest

They'd better change the TS requirement on this quest. If all quests don't require the same path (finding/camping/killing mobs) I'm gonna quit this stupid game. How dare they introduce something different on 1 quest out of the 3000 in the game?
  8. ARCHIVED-Shankonia Guest

63 Provisioner here. It took me about 1 hour and 40 mins to raise my Geocraft skill from 78/315 to 315/315 last night making Fulginate bars. Started going much quicker once I got the hang of Geocraft.

I actually excited about this quest since it is probably the first time i'll actually be able to put my crafting side to use and gain something from it. (While adventuring I make 2x more $$ than I can crafting per hour).

For those of you who are unhappy about not being able to do the quest because you are not a crafter - get over it. There are plenty of better weapons and ways to gain status out there for you. I'm glad they finally gave the Provisioner in me some love.
  9. ARCHIVED-nobunaga_x Guest

My monk is 63/15 artisen and my wizard is 35/60 alchemist. I guess that means I am efed in my monkey back side.
  10. ARCHIVED-Shankonia Guest

Please tell me this puppy is considered a Staff (and mean it).
  11. ARCHIVED-circusgirl Guest

It's really not like Wurmslayer is a requirement. You can live without it, after all. Look at something like the Tinkerer's Bag. Now, I know a lot of carpenters who would love to have that bag...99% weight reduction? Why, just imagine how many strongboxes you could carry! But can they get it? Nope! Not unless they're a highbie adventurer.
    I do worry about its effects on the market though, or that the adventurers who become crafters just for this will whine about how hard crafting is and get it made too easy. Luckily though tailors are one of the more difficult classes to level in, so most of market flooding will probably come from sages and provies.
    And T7 tailored armor doesn't suck...or rather it doesn't suck in comparison to our old stuff. The tranquil dragon's breath is particularly nice.
  12. ARCHIVED-Gaige Guest

As for the bag, it wouldn't effect how many strongboxes you carry afaik, because isn't the weight reduction only tied to items in that bag itself?
  13. ARCHIVED-Cusashorn Guest

Exactly, Gaige. She speaks as if carpenters go around the world like a Door-To-Door salesman, peddling thier own merchandise with them, instead of putting it up on the market from thier own house.

Speaking as a 67 monk and a 44 Carpenter, quite frankly I don't see what the heck she's trying to say in how every carpenter would want to have it, since I don't even use any strongboxes. Heck, when I got the tink bag, it replaced the only strongbox I was actually using.
  14. ARCHIVED-JinjAB Guest

My gf is a carpenter and she can only make a few boxes at a time before needing to leave the tradeskill instance and go to her house to drop the boxes into her offline selling vault

So this would help the weedy little casters carry heavier stuff from place to place :)
  15. ARCHIVED-Cirth_Beer Guest

hum Mo, you know there is no weight limit so your gf can make 100 boxes and then walk (very very slowly :p) to her room to drop them ;)
  16. ARCHIVED-DarkMirrax Guest

Walk you mean CRAWL ;p
  17. ARCHIVED-JinjAB Guest

18. ARCHIVED-Almeric_CoS Guest

Who is forcing anyone to do anything? A couple quests out of thousands come out that actually cater to the combo adventurer/crafter, and that's an issue to get worked up about?
    Kinda sad....
  19. ARCHIVED-Code2501 Guest

Brixam:
    SoE wanted to load the gun and point it at the tradeskillers. I'm more than willing to pull the trigger. Grats.

Dude, your shooting blanks.
  20. ARCHIVED-circusgirl Guest

With regard to the boxes, I was talking about how much of a pain it is to carry fifty strongboxes from the Ironforge to your room. A few crafters craft out of their room, like myself, but most don't.

My biggest worry is all the adventurers that are going to be flooding the market...luckily I'm a tailor, and you'de have to be an idiot to try to grind a tailor just for a HQ. I think outfitters in general should be safe from the flooding. Alchemists and Sages are the easiest to level, so they'll have some problems, but as nearly all of their sales are rare items it shouldn't be too much of a big deal. Provies though...provies will be hurting because of this.