Wurmslayer: Finally, a *GOOD* monk-usable HQ Weapon

Discussion in 'Monk' started by ARCHIVED-Cusashorn, Mar 11, 2006.

1. ARCHIVED-Cusashorn Guest

[IMG]

Notice how it says Two-Handed Crushing, and Usable by All Fighters and All Scouts.

Alright!

And apparently it can be changed to a One-Hander, or hopefully a DW.
  2. ARCHIVED-Stryyfe Guest

When all the plate wearers start complaining, I sense class restriction Nerfage here!

Can't wait for this though, I have the quest. Congrats.

I dont see this ever going DW though, maybe with incredibley reduced stats. Or long delay.
  3. ARCHIVED-Ssinista Guest

Ya, well in eq1 this was a 1h DW wep, with a major delay. To make it worse they made it primary only. So only time will tell. Very nice though, I want it. One thing I don't understand is it says all fighters, all scouts. Scouts can't use crush ?
  4. ARCHIVED-JackalOpe Guest

I'm confused.... It says Crushing, but does Piercing dmg. Does that mean it uses the Crush skill to check for hits, but does pierce dmg?
  5. ARCHIVED-Cusashorn Guest

It was also a 1h slashing weapon back in EQlive too for that matter.
  6. ARCHIVED-Slipbreed Guest

Notice how its second ability is "Change Wield Style" maybe it conforms to whomever is using it, becomes a piercer for scouts, crush for monks etc....
  7. ARCHIVED-Cusashorn Guest

Nah. That means that you can change it between a 2h and a 1h weapon, and more than likely change the stats and damage to reflect the 1h version.
  8. ARCHIVED-AegisCrown Guest

scouts cant use crush or 2 handers..
  9. ARCHIVED-Gaige Guest

Good luck getting your crafter to lvl 65...
  10. ARCHIVED-circusgirl Guest

I think the requirement of being a highbie crafter is fine, so long as they don't make crafting ridiculously easy to accomodate this. After all, I'm a level 70 crafter but I can't go craft in the nest because I'm only a level 44 monk. That seems fair--it means this is a Legendary, RARE item that isn't for everyone. There's a lot of stuff I can't do because I'm not a high enough adventurer...there should be a lot of things you can't do because you're not a high enough crafter. It's not like Wurmslayer is a requirement to enjoy the game.
    And it's about [expletive haxx0red by Raijinn] time we got a HQ weapon we could actually use. I was hoping for Wu's Fighting Gauntlets, but this'll do.
  11. ARCHIVED-RashReflexn Guest

only a silly crafter would be in favor of this stupid idea -- what a surprise-- too bad crafting is dead in the game and we wont be needing you crafters at all after the next expansion-- there is no reason for a high level person to even consider having a crafter make their armor or weapons anymore-- bu bye :)
  12. ARCHIVED-Cusashorn Guest

Good thing I'm a carpenter then.
  13. ARCHIVED-pootski Guest

Puberty hitting you kinda hard, little boy??
  14. ARCHIVED-Ssinista Guest

Well the good thing about this Gaige, is you can do the craft at any crafting level, will just take way way longer.. :)
  15. ARCHIVED-Ashengur Guest

I don't like to craft, in fact I hate it. I should not have to level my crafting up to do an item. Require an item we have to by from a crafter, fine. But don't force me to craft.

Other people are more then welcome to raise theri crafting as high as they want. they can enjoy it. I don't, I won't, and I will never like it.
  16. ARCHIVED-selch Guest

Since noone will buy casual crafted armor / weapons from crafters post T7 because they nerfed the whole crafted item stats because of raider guys, they had to give something instead to feel their pain.
    I'm glad about that.
  17. ARCHIVED-TheSummoned Guest

I love crafting, but I HATE harvesting. That's why I've been stuck at 40th weaponsmith for a long time...
  18. ARCHIVED-scalzo Guest

My only problem with this tradeskilling is that you have to have Geocraft. I am currenly a lvl 61 provisioner. Now I have to spend hours if not days at the forge and spending money trying to skill up a tradeskill I dont even want to do. SoE should fix this as long as you are a certain tradeskill at the approprate level you should get an auto fabricate like manastone and other HQ's. Making two HQ's requireing geocraft is wrong IMO. Now some people have to learn more tradeskills they never wanted to do. Sorry for my rant :smileysad:
  19. ARCHIVED-Wiou Guest

stop kidding yourselves guys :p

this is obviously atleast one error on this.

Either the 'all scouts' or the 2h crushing, or both.
  20. ARCHIVED-Wiou Guest

Yep yep I know waayyy too many people who loathe TS'ing. I would be one of them.