Wurmbones End: Nox Incessit

Discussion in 'Zones and Populations' started by Estred, Feb 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Buffrat Well-Known Member

It would appear I was wrong by new boots appearing on eq2u and barely anyone has killed anything in challenge mode~
  2. Geothe Active Member

That was the description of the dreadcutter zone.
    They said the EM x2 should be doable by heroic geared players, and HM for those that can do EM x4 stuff but not quite any HMs.
  3. Geothe Active Member

PS.
    Nice job in CM of copy and pasting buffs from Bastion in HE without even changing the descriptive text.
    lol.
  4. Kwikdeath Active Member

All I know is we brought max dps available to us on him and we were pushing 6 mil. Burned the first two adds and ignored the rest, after he absorbed 3 or 4 he did that ae that kills almost everyone. Had him down to about 12% but not enough, I am not sure how much more you can be asking for out of people in non-avatar gear.
  5. Snapshot Active Member

aoe block are cool
  6. Estred Well-Known Member

Fatality killed it with 7 Million DPS. Really this zone is not an X2 it is borderline CM X4 content for 2 groups.
    Edit: And the loot is slightly on par with EM-Raiding.
  7. Taysa Well-Known Member

Just attempted this with a decently heroic/EM raid geared group. The first two names were tedious and long (1bil HP) but we managed to get through them fine after we developed strategies. (We were attempting this blind)

Third named is impossible. We tried various strats. We tried pulling the add spiders away from the name hoping he wouldn't absorb him. We tried hard burning the adds. We tried hard burning the named. We tried letting the name absorb the adds and then jousting, hoping it was just a temporary buff. Death prevents. Absorbing damage. AoE blockers. We tried it all.

We had an adequate, balanced group.

This fight is definitely NOT intended for the heroic geared group. The rest are fine, even if they are a bit long. But that fight is definitely not doable for the group they advertised as capable of completing it.
  8. Estred Well-Known Member

I think they are a bit too long even for the first two fights... a 8 minute fight is fine. But even with 4 mil dps having it take 12 minutes when the scripts are a bit uneventful? First boss was just a "heal through the adds" as far as we could tell... and we healed through the buffs the 2nd named got, I assume we were supposed to burn the adds down faster or pick what buffs we wanted him to get.

Temple-Blocker is just dumb atm.
  9. Luhai Active Member

The first named is ok. The script is easy to figure out and you just need to survive the adds.
    The second named could use slightly less HP. Iirc he had around 1.1 bill HP. Considering this mob does absolutely nothing spectacular after ~80% this is just a boring tank'n'spank. Our fight lasted almost 7 minutes but it was pretty boring.

The Temple-Blocker is absolutely ridiculous. Every time he got his 3rd buff people got oneshot with his AOE and I was clubbed to death with >100k autoattack hits.
    We did around 5 mill DPS and got the epic adds to 50-30% HP before they were absorbed.
    If this zone is aimed at people in EM or even heroic gear the health of these adds need to be cut in half, at least.

Not sure what's supposed to be up the hill. We cleared the hives and the bee swarms and ended up with 2 non-aggro bees that we couldn't pull.
    I guess this is where the next named spawns once the 3rd named is down?

The bee swarms were a bit over the top, too. Every time our summoner hit ET 1-2 people would go LD, at every single swarm encounter.
    They also seem to cause a lot of lag just by existing.
    Just targetting the bee group on top of the hill made my FPS drop.
    Reducing the size of the various bee groups could help with lag and LDs in this zone.

What I like about the zone: New bosses with different scripts. The raid is not just a copy&paste job from the other versions of the zone.
    Trash also has a small chance to drop Obols and decent spirit stones.
  10. Epixz Member

special mention goes to elemental toxicity + waves of 15+trash mob that kicked half the raid to character select
    Good job SOE !!!
  11. Taysa Well-Known Member

We skipped the All Blocker and went on ahead as well just to explore. The stuns are annoying, but nothing an adequate group can't fight through. That last bee encounter is idiotic. (the one before the two named-summoned swarms pop) Just targeting them dropped everyone's FPS by 25. Actually attacking them was a nightmare, and we all had to pan our camera to the floor just to get through it.
  12. Malleria Well-Known Member

Pretty much the same experience. ET + Bees = bad. All Blocker too high a dps check. The end boss wasn't so bad. Wards help a lot against the curse. We had quite a few deaths at the start, but by the time we had a couple of the adds down the groups were surviving a lot better. 17min fight was a bit long.
  13. Mohee Active Member

So has anyone tried this yet with a x2 raid full of heroic geared peeps?

:D
  14. Glassjaw Active Member

There were a very select few raid guilds that were invited to test the x2 and x4 zones and it was for a limited time. Ofcouse the raid guilds were obviously near the top of WW progression and push out DPS numbers that no heroic or even easy mode raid gear forces could even come remotely close to. My guess is the people in charge of testing said ok guys pull mob and I will watch - mob dies in half the time it takes a heroic/em geared raid force to do it or in the case of the third name in EM x2 they kill the spider adds in about 20 seconds and said person in charge says man that was super easy let's leave the encounter as is! I am always up for a challenge but when you have the casual portion of the community begging for x2 content for them and you provide x2 content that only folks who are geared much better than what the reward is from that content you might expect to see some frustrated customers.

Leave the challenging content in the challenge mode version and adjust the EM version down to where it should actually be.
  15. Vinyard Active Member

A x2 that requires x4 gear to complete and gives gear that you probably don't need......SoE is working with the SLR crowd!!111111
  16. Estred Well-Known Member

Really if you want content for Heroic Players... take youre WW Top 10 and put them in Heroic Gear. They will perform near the best of their classes and will provide a much better meter for balancing content. This whole zone really feels like they had Avatar geared guilds testing it.
  17. Glassjaw Active Member

Copy/Paste World of Warcraft's raid finder system and these threads wouldn't exist.
  18. Kraeref Well-Known Member

We tried yesterday two versions of this zone EM and HM. Third name in em is ridiculously high on dps check. First name is ok but it's kind of too much sometimes with so often kick back. We noticed than adds got kicked back along with us:)) was very funny actually that the named doesn't discriminate and gives it to everyone.

Second name was easy and boring as people said and nothing to write home about.

We tried to pull the third name few times and gave up. He i am sure can be a cake walk for the full 4 groups raid force but for two groups it's too much.

In HM version the first name has the same adds coming, nasty aoe and often power drain. Adds a bit overwhelming to handle with only two groups. Our raid had two coecers and we handled a powerdrain nicely. But here is the problem if a raid wants to have power then they have to sacrifice tw of illys and dps as a result. Our second raid had two illys and they gave up on a name quickly b/c of this overwhelming power drain. You can all say to try one illy and coer per raid. You don't have to. We intend to do it next time.

The second name in HM seems easy enough and most raids wouldn't have a problem. Just watch for curses.

Overall a conclusion that em zone cannot be handled by people in heroic/easy mode gear ( forget about purs) without decreasing hit points of adds and nameds. Or at least of adds.
  19. Estred Well-Known Member

Actually he was I believe more just saying that we need/want Dungeon Finder to make decent groups as seen in other games.

The X2 is kinda fun, I will admit. The problem is the dps check on the 3rd named is too high for Heroic Players. The rest is doable but it is grindy with how much HP they have, I would rather have to burn all the bug-adds and have the named have less HP so at least it feels like I am doing something.

Imo the second boss should have less hp but respawn his buff-adds if you don't kill them fast enough. I haven't done the HM yet so no voice there. The fights are new, this is great but even for EM-Scripts they are a bit mundane, in DoV the EM-Scritps usually were missing 1-2 aspects of the HM.

- Lagatus Prime Mikill's death-blast from not moving was a 5 second timer instead of 2
    - Imperator Kloskegger spawned adds faster and hit harder in HM
    - Arch Magistor Modrfrost had twice the adds and twice the fail-effects to counter
    - King Tormax the Ancient had a whole separate boss and 2 more adds AND a damage reflect in HM.

I guess my tiny rant here is summed up by this. "Great start on a new fun zone, now please make it so your intended audience can do it." Currently Heroic/EM X2 Raidforces will be stopped at Temple-Blocker, period. The bees are causing horrendous lag and LD's by even so much as targeting the final swarm. I really do not want to see this update flop, the Dreadcutter raid actually is fun btw.
  20. Kander Developer

The zone was never stated it was intended for heroic players, that was never the intention. It was stated it should have some content do-able by pick-up raiders.

We will adjust the dps checks a bit in a few places and we will look at the bees today.
    theriatis likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.