Wurmbones End: Nox Incessit

Discussion in 'Zones and Populations' started by Estred, Feb 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Estred Well-Known Member

This is petty and it really is irritating my inner grammar nut. The trash mobs are named "An Night-fervor" as the prefix. An only precedes vowels in English. This has been /bugged too.
  2. Mohee Active Member

How did that get missed on test/beta? Sheesh

:cool:
  3. Estred Well-Known Member

Well I do have another issue, I have an X2 raid in here atm, doing 3-5 million dps and we are taking 10-15 mins per named and the Prime Temple-Blocker Grudk is currently unkillable wit 4 million dps going in because he absorbs his adds in 40 seconds.

I can verify from talking with other guilds... most X2's will not do 4 million damage a second. We are in the Normal Mode of this zone. From the Podcast this is supposed to be doable by Heroic Geared players as a way into EM Raiding as it is worse than PoW Gear.

No CoE-Heroic X2 Raid will be able to push out these kinds of numbers we have 2 players pulling 900K and the lowest is the healer at 100K (the next lowest is 250K) this leaves 8 others doing 250-900K dps and we are still unable to kill it.

- Burning adds evenly does not work they are absorbed.
    - Burning them individually does not work they are absorbed.
    - When absorbed an X2 Spider spawns that is beyond killable in 40 seconds (till the next absorb emote)

It feels like everything in here has FAR to many hitpoints. Like it has an extra multiplier of 10 (a decimal point). I read up on this zone and it the normal is supposed to be between Heroic and EM CoE-Raids... the Challenge is between EM-CoE and Plane of War. Currently the Normal Mode is extremely annoying, I certainly won't be hosting pick-ups here to help other players, I would rather pull my own tail-spines out.

I would be fine with a real challenge in the (Challenge) zone, but the Normal zone was designed supposedly for Heroic Level players to get into raiding. They don't have 5+ million DPS in Heroic Gear.

Edit: We killed both adds (barely) and he STILL spawned his X2 add that we have no chance of burning in 40 seconds. Which quickly gave him 2 buffs adding 50% potency and 3 times auto-attack damage. I highly doubt this is working as intended.

Edit2: We are thinking of pulling the spiders away... but if he STILL got a buff from both spiders being dead I highly doubt this will work.
  4. Kraeref Well-Known Member

Lol... may be they meant an all-night fervor but forgot to type it in? :)
  5. Mohee Active Member

That is terrible to hear Estred.

I know I was cracking a joke before, but after reading what you said, makes me really question why these zones weren't put on beta at all. It also makes me wonder if they test these zones themselves at all.

So far, sounds really disappointing.

Just curious Estred, but what does the gear look like from the normal mode bosses of the zone? Any chance you could post a screen shot of a few?
  6. Kraeref Well-Known Member

Estred, i was just joking trying to lift up your mood a bit. Don't get upset with me plz :)

I do have a question for you about a new x2 zones. Are they lagging? What your raid mates saying?
  7. Estred Well-Known Member

The zone drop 179 level gear, I got a Disco on an item actually. Here is what drops from the "normal" zone.

[IMG]
    Kalderon and Guiscard like this.
  8. Gaarysal Active Member

I've been hearing similar stories about the kill times in general and Prime Temple-Blocker not being kill able with 4 mil dps. I could almost see this from the hardmode, but absolutely ridiculous for the normal mode. The hardmode was supposed to be geared for people in easy mode raid gear, not the pow + HM geared people who are currently struggling with the normal mode. Congrats SoE on another ToFS, Drunder x2, Vigilant x2, etc guess it'll be fun in 3-6 months. Until then I'll just continue 6 manning most of the CoE x4 stuff and getting better loot GG.
    Guiscard likes this.
  9. Estred Well-Known Member

They can crash you with swarm adds much like in Underdepths. If you crashed on the Drakes... you will crash here.
  10. Luhai Active Member

Same problem here, he seems to absorb every 55-60 seconds. we're doing 3.5-5mill DPS and this guy is absolutely impossible to kill in normal mode
    Guiscard likes this.
  11. Darkholis Active Member

Only Fatality got it down on our server with 7 mil dps.....I mean seriously.:mad: This is intended for pickups and HM version for guilds in EM gear.
  12. Parable New Member

I'm grouped with a summoner and crashing on every large group like the trap insects.

Pretty cool
  13. Estred Well-Known Member

Also another update. After the Temple-Blocker... the hive above, you can't actually hit the last one without pulling the whole swarm. The hive stuns 8 or so raiders against 30 swarm adds... the swarm is hard enough without the additional stuns from the hives. Oh also you pull the swarm and instantly get 3 seconds worth of spell-lag overload on the 30 or so of them, our poor conjy.

I really do doubt they tested the ranges of aggro or scritps on this at all.
  14. Darkholis Active Member

For us, killing each hive until reaching the top worked fine. The last hive can be accessed without pulling the swarm.
  15. Estred Well-Known Member

We managed to do it, but killed the swarm before the hive. I think it was a wayward AE for us :D

Edit: Also did you have to just super-burn the Temple Blocker? And did you guys get the add-absorb after you killed both adds? (Fatality's kill I mean).

I am genuinely worried Heroic Level players will not be able to access X2 content which they normally should. That is why I am glad to hear that it is not just my group of HM Raiders experiencing these problems.
  16. Lempo Well-Known Member

Actually 'An' precedes words that begin with a consonant sound, grammatically it is wrong to say 'a hour ago' it should be epressed 'an hour ago' yet 'an historical event' is incorrect it should be expressed as 'a historical event' the silent 'h' alters the correct usage of 'a' and 'an'. Other examples 'an MBA' and 'a USA bill' are correct.
    The thing that bothers me most are the oafs that spell ridiculous with an 'e', it bothers me so much I wish that it was actually an infraction and enough times should earn a vacation, or they could just add the misspelled version to the word filter and see if the people using it are intelligent enough to figure it out on their own that would work too.
  17. Estred Well-Known Member

Alright thanks, I improperly cited the reason it is wrong. However "An Night" is still grammatically incorrect.
    Kraeref likes this.
  18. Darkon Well-Known Member

No. We killed adds prior to them absorbing each time. It requires a lot of DPS. No heroic geared raid will be getting through that mob.

The final mob is impossible. It applies 3 curses every 20 seconds that have to be cured within 10 seconds. The math simply doesn't work.
  19. Estred Well-Known Member

Well I can do a bit of math breakdown.
    1: Temple-Blocker
    - 40 second add absorb (my ACT every pull showed 43-46 seconds and it updates every 4 seconds)
    - average raidwide dps of 3.8 million (I am estimating our low end)
    - 152,000,000 dps done by us per add wave.
    - 2 Adds (heroic) we killed them once by spiking well over 5.5 million sustained for 5-10 seconds.
    - 220,000,000 dps to kill the HEROIC adds? That make any sense?
    - He then spawns an Epic X2 add who under the same burn only lost 20% life so the X2 has at least 1.1 Billion hit points and must die in 40 seconds... oh and you need to burn the named somewhere in this.
    - So 1.1 Billion hp burns at 40 seconds per absorb is roughly... 252 million dps in that 40 second window to kill the x2 add.
    - Fatatity did 7 Million roughly. They burned for 280 million per add rotation leaving only maybe 7 seconds for burning the named per rotation.

How long was your fight at 7 million dps?

2: Final boss
    - 3 curses every 20 seconds
    - must be cured in 10 seconds
    - average 4 healers per X2 Raid.
    - Curse cure is a 1 min reuse.
    - 20 seconds pass... 3 healers out of curses for 1 min. 20 more seconds pass... all healers are out of Curse Cure = fail = wiped fight.

Yeah, there is no way in the nine frozen pits of the lair of Satan himself that a Heroic-Geared X2 Raid will kill anything in here with any set expectancy of getting anything rewarding. CoE seems to have gone the "oh it's to easy? Here have something HARD!" in that it swung way to far in the other direction for their intended audience.
    Karrane likes this.
  20. Mohee Active Member

bravo for no testing what-so-ever.

x2 content dropping 179 stuff shouldn't be only doable by HM+ geared people. Since none of the loot would be upgrades. Following that logic...
    Let me guess, the HM version of the x2 zone requires gear that isn't in the game yet? and probably drops 185 stat stuff?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.