Wurmbones End: Nox Incessit part 2

Discussion in 'Zones and Populations' started by Kinya, Feb 27, 2013.

1. Tylia Well-Known Member

The third name definitely needs to be reexamined. The dps that is required to defeat the adds is generally not going to be possible in a typical pick up raid. If that is the target audience, then that name at least, has missed it's mark. Trying and failing repeatedly because you are learning a new encounter is acceptable. Trying and failing repeatedly because the new encounter requires a lot more fire-power than is possible from the audience it's aimed at, is just plain frustrating.

EDIT: I'm talking about the "Normal" version of the zone. ;)
  2. Epixz Member

You ll run it see that you get worst loot for your alts than what you are getting from EM x4 for twice the work and never run it again...
  3. Bananaz Member

I really enjoy the HM version of this zone gives off a great challenge and no its not impossible to beat.
  4. Jolemai Active Member

We tried both versions on the day of release and our Healers were getting frustrated at the amount of curing that had to do - by that I mean spamming cures for the majority of the fight(s). Anyone else notice this?
  5. Typos Member

I'm just going to go ahead and hope that the third name has some kool well thought out strat and not some dps check set by equilibrium.

Now, that said.. I'd really appreciate not getting kicked to char select every time i cast elemental tox in that zone.. and i have everyones damage but mine turned off. Everytime i cast.. it turns into a solid block of numbers and then bump to char select.
  6. Mermut Well-Known Member

There is a lot of curing, but not more then I'd expect in a raid. Aside from the excessively high dps check on the 3rd named, I think it was a good balance on the healer side. Yes, the healers HAVE to watch the dets and cure quickly.. but that's part of our -jobs- as healers in most raid zones prior to the AoA and HE which have few DoTs few to none which need to be cured promptly.
    I love doing dps on my healer (usually near or slightly above the bards) but I'd rather be a healer that does dps rather then a third rate dps toon that tosses out a heal and a cure now and again.
  7. Arieste Well-Known Member

This sounds like it nails the problem on the head. The zone seems to require better gear than it rewards.

Can people that have killed their way through this zone comment on this: How far did you get in the zone and was the dropped gear an upgrade to what you had?

For example, AoA is easily 2-groupable (except maybe monkey which is just annoying to 2-group) and drops what looks like much better gear than the x2.
  8. Gaarysal Active Member

I've done all of AoA including Baroddas with 6 characters in easy mode gear. In addition to dropping better gear, the fights are also about the same length so it's not even like you can get through the x2 quicker :( there is just currently 0 advantage to running the x2

I was hoping x2 would be similar to TOFS/vu'ul where the quantity, ease, and speed would outweigh 1 grouping kraytocs which we were able to also do at the time
  9. Kander Developer

Some changes coming. Prime Temple-Blocker Grudk has had his adds lowered in HP and you are given more time to kill the adds. His ability he uses every 90 seconds, that you need to deal with, has been given 3 seconds to prepare for.

We will be making more tweaks coming early next week.
    Tylia likes this.
  10. Buffrat Well-Known Member

If you think the gear from em x4 is better than em x2 gear, that might be one of the reasons why you're not clearing the zone.
  11. Arieste Well-Known Member

I've only seen a couple of pieces,which didn't look particularly good. What has been your experience? Were the majority of items in the X2 upgrades to your raiders?
  12. Tylia Well-Known Member

Well, hmm. I think my em 187 stat gear (on my raid toon) is better than the x2 gear, and the raid I was in (with equally geared players) was still unable to get past the 3rd name. It currently is not tuned to it's target audience, plain and simple. ;)
    Kraeref likes this.
  13. Estred Well-Known Member

I will add to buffrat that X2 Jewelry is better than X4 Jewelry because of the massive boost in set-bonus presuming you don't have PoW-Sets. I love the zone tbh, the fights are new and refreshing compared to some of the simplicity in the X4's. I am pleased to hear Temple Blocker is going to be adjusted, I just hope it still requires a decent dps check like 1-2 million which EM-Raid Geared X2's groups should be able to do but Heroic Players only (just Steward Gear) may not be able to.
    Tylia likes this.
  14. Genghes Active Member

new x2 challenge mode loot has Pow level stats 192ish. now i wouldnt recomment puging it because the 2nd name will heal 100mil hp per death once you hit 50%
  15. Buffrat Well-Known Member

I think a raid of em geared players could clear it. I just think if you haven't progressed past EM by now your guild won't be clearing it because of average player skill, not because of gear.

And no, the em x2 gear drops are not upgrades to our raiders (other than Rancor for scout dps/tanks), seeing as we're avatar geared and such. But 100-150 mod > .4 cb/pot any day (on most classes, anyway). Challenge mode x2 armor is pretty much better than anything non-avatar (or in the case of bps, 4 soul drinal) and rings are better than pow because green slots on top of set bonus. I'd have to go through the rest of the jewelry, though.
  16. Eileithia Active Member

I'm not sure I agree on this one. Considering it's supposed to be entry / easy content for current expansion, I think it should be doable (challenging, but doable) in Steward geared players, and drop minor upgrades to the steward gear, to gear people up for harder content. I don't think it should be required to raid previous tier/expansion content to be able to do entry level content of current tier.

Heroics should drop gear to get into EM x 2, which should drop gear to get into EM x 4, which should drop gear to get into HM x 2/4 of the same tier. As there's only a 5 level difference between tiers with COE, I would say that HM x 2/4 gear should surpass heroic gear, but the heroic gear should be at least on par with the EM x 2 stuff.

Throughout the history of this game Master Crafted Fabled / Heroic Fabled was the ONLY entry raid gear, not the previous tier's raid content. This got majorly screwed up by SOE with only having a 5 level increase between DOV and COE.

Long story short, level 95's shouldn't be required to raid level 90 content to gear up for level 95 ENTRY level raids, those raids should be balanced toward a fully steward geared raid and provide drops to get you into the HM versions.
  17. Kraeref Well-Known Member

We just have to bite the bullet and rather run HM than EM x2.

EM x2 gear from two first names and jewelry is not better than coe em x4... but we didn't go further than that. Something might be different dropping from other names which I doubt. Will have to clear it and see though.
  18. Estred Well-Known Member

Well Kander said it was supposed to partially clearable by Heroic Players (1st and 2nd named is partial). The zone however was designed to fall between EM-COE and PoW raiding, which I think there is a bit of jankyness going on but hey upon rereading the podcast and his posts I think I originally misunderstood the target audience.

I have been on PuRs that pull 1-2 millioin dps it would take a very good Heroic X2-PuR to push that kind of damage but EM-Players should be able to do 1.5m fairly easy if they are decent. Perhaps 1m is a more reasonable "hard-dps check" for Normal Mode Nox Incessit. I will agree Level Progression has been messed up and the biggest issue I think is the exponential increase we saw to stats in DoV, it is hard to "upgrade" players now without breaking the game. How many stats are we capped on now? About 2 at least per character?

You are right though Progression standardly is Heroic Fabled -> X2 -> EMX4 -> HM X4
    CoE however keeps PoW in there so I would expect the progression to follow the below statement.

Heroic Fabled -> X2 Normal Mode -> Chains of Eternity Normal Mode X4 -> Plane of War -> x2 Challenge Mode -> Chains of Eternity Challenge Mode X4

Avatar's fall in between Plane of War and Chains of Eternity Challenge Mode for some cases and are better than CoE-Challenge for some slots. They have a very good loot spread.

This would mean that Nox Incessit Challenge is in some ways harder than Plane of War and may encourage us to break our PoW-Jewelry Sets.
    Eileithia likes this.
  19. Eileithia Active Member

Agreed, it is what it is, but I still think it's messed up. As you mentioned, the itemization change didn't leave a lot of room for growth. At level 95 the progression SHOULD have been something like this, considering there was only a 5 level increase:

DOV x2 Normal mode = COE Heroic Fabled -> COE x2 Normal -> DOV x4 Normal -> COE x4 Normal -> DOV x4 Challenge -> COE x4 Challenge -> DOV Contested x4 -> COE Contested x4

If that's too many tiers of gear, to simplify it even further
    DOV x2 = COE Heroic
    DOV x4 NM = COE X2
    DOV x4 HM = COE X4 NM
    DOV Contested = COE X4 HM
    COE Contested

Had it been a 10 level increase like all others, COE Fabled should be equivalent to at least DOV x4 challenge and the entry requirement for COE x2's, but they pooped up on that LOL.
  20. Buffrat Well-Known Member

Scout Ears:

Code:
    COE EM X4       |||||      .NI EM X2
       374           AGI          358
       374           STA          358
       71.2         MATTK        68.2
       6            FLRRY           6
       22.2         BONUS        24.4
       22.2         PTNCY        21.4
       678          ABMOD        1050
       14            DPS            0