Wurmbone's End - 1st boss bugged

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Nynaeve, Nov 17, 2012.

1. Ynnek Well-Known Member

Oh, yah, seen that too. Stopped looking for red text, started staring at the casting bar (which I have enlarged, and in the center of the screen), it helped, both with lack of warning, and avoiding chain casts.

Finally got a feel for the fight. Used the pillar with the two wooden beams flanking it (Bad description I know, I'm just not in the zone to give a better one). Realized that it's not LOS to the mob that you need to block, but LOS to the sparkly thing in the sky (I think), which means sometime you need to stand a little to the left of where you think you need to stand. Start in a position you think blocks rift, strafe right into the circle area, fight, watch the casting bar, strafe left behind a pillar, with a little forward/backward to avoid hitting the pillar. (Keyboard driving, like I'm playing a FPS, probably couldn't do it with a mouse). Pray you don't get knocked back/up when moving, or turned around. Rinse, repeat.

One fight I (tank) got a funny bounce. Ended up inside the circle, up wedged partway up the inside of one of the statues and got the red blocking text. Stayed there the rest of the fight, blocked all rifts, and kept the mob in the circle. Might be worth trying to do deliberately... (I have no idea if it's reproducible or not)
  2. Luhai Active Member

This happens with several mobs. The second last named from Wurmbone's Ende, the one where you have to back off when he goes into frenzy mode, will give you a red screen message and a (blue) chat text message the first time he does his special.
    After that you'll only get the chat text message.
  3. Ramone_AB Active Member

I bugged this during Beta, and bugged it when I ran it.

The Spirit Rift spell will blow you up if you try any sort of DPS burn on him. My auto attack almost sets him off. This is intended per Gninja :( This dps check is to keep folks from blowing through him and not doing the script... I am fine with scripts but this one isn't liked.

I also asked that he increase the safe spot and never really got a reply about it aside from he will look into it. I have noticed nothing in Monday's patch about a fix for him, hopefully he will look into it and increase the amount of dps we can do before he chains Spirit Rift and blows us up. I also hope he makes the safe spot bigger and maybe even Red Text saying your hidden.

Last time I ran it, I had to hide behind the statues behind him and pray that he doesn't see me, ended up that night with 8.0% debt and had to repair.

TBH, Seer should of been end zone mob instead of 1st mob and if he is going to keep him as is for first mob give him a loot table with gear, make him worth the headache to hit him when running the zone several times. The end mob would honestly be a better first mob, even leaving the challenge mode on him as well and the loot table he currently has.

/fix WE 2013!!!** Or at least Seer Annoythecrudoutofeverysingleperson**

I dread running this zone on my other toons.
  4. GrouchyMouse Active Member

At least he's skippable in the advanced solo. I'm not going to touch him at all. I had enough of his shennigans with my Coercer and Mystic guildee. We're both UD raid geared and he kept steamrolling us.

But Ramone, thanks for the tip on the dps burning.
  5. Ramone_AB Active Member

Your welcome Pheep :)

I will be skipping him as well... just wish he had a loot table and it would be alot more tolerable on dealing with him, aside from the stupid health/power/killing baubles.
  6. Erszebeth Active Member

while I agree the script is poorly done, if you even try to use a merc on this its going to die everytime, its fairly easy to do if you just pull him out by the entry to the room. The adds aren't bad, I do this on my necro and troub both, they don't hit hard, just take a minute to kill and just swap between killing them when the Seer does spirit rift and dpsing the seer when he's down by you, makes short work of the fight.
  7. GrouchyMouse Active Member

Heh, today when duoing Pheep with the raid Mystic friend, we skipped him wholeheartedly. I like the red crystals, they yank a named down in hp, and when we both use one, the mob's dead in moments. The power one came in handy a few times.