Wurmbone’s End [Advanced Solo]

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Lalala, Jan 29, 2013.

1. Feldon Well-Known Member

They're making it so the red clickies don't work on the final Necromonger? Well that rules me out on killing him most of the time.
    Guiscard likes this.
  2. Nebula Member

They should leave it as it is and just make the lock-out timer longer (and give proper loot to the other names).
    Guiscard likes this.
  3. Hirofortis Active Member

I understand the reason for adding the extra Time Sink into this, but honestly it does not add anything to the game. It is just a way for the devs to say this is not a play it your way but a play it our way. This is why EQ3 / next will fail is because the devs can't leave thing alone. There is no change in the reward with this change, just making it harder for those that can't kill the other mobs. So now we have to kill mobs that drop nothing, have no purpose other than to irritate people, all because someone prob complained saying monks are FDing through the thing. Was there really any issue with people getting loot so they could progress? Instead of punishing, why don't you make a Hard Mode for each of the solo instances. Give us reasons to do things instead of artificial blocks.
    Guiscard and Nebula like this.
  4. Kalderon Well-Known Member

Hum, you can kill the final mob, but can´t kill the mobs before (ik there is one meanfull named in front....) but what?
  5. Deveryn Well-Known Member

I agree. I complained about this early on. The only zone that comes close to rewarding appropriately for time is Dreadcutter. Everything else takes too much time and effort for what's given. ST is the only zone I ever do with any kind of frequency because I like plundering furniture. :p
    Guiscard likes this.
  6. Sucha Active Member

The trash mobs do have a rare chance of dropping exquisite chests. I have had a total of 3 exquisites drop in there from trash mobs. It is very rare but it is possible.
  7. Hirofortis Active Member

This seems like a totally stupid thing to do. We will make the items that only work in this zone, but btw, you can't use it on this mob because we don't want you to. all I can say is woohoo to SOE play it their way.
    Guiscard likes this.
  8. Kalderon Well-Known Member

Sometimes it´s better that way, then some players way of pushing one button and win. Oh well, i dislike this to, don´t get me wrong to that.
  9. Mae- Well-Known Member

I tried this last night and had a heck of a time with the necro mob as a necro (go figure) without my merc. Only thing I can figure out is that he's meant to be kited, which is pretty hard on a necro as we only get one snare that lasts about half a second =P In any case, I've decided that unless they revert this change, I won't be doing this zone anymore. I'd rather do Dreadcutter for 1 chest than this zone with the proposed changes for 3.
    Guiscard and Kalderon like this.
  10. Mermut Well-Known Member

These changes are going to hurt people running through the SOLO signature timeline the most. The Seer, where you have to hide behind the statues has been buggy for a while. If you don't pull him around the corner you're apt to get killed, no matter what (Before I learned that trick I'd gotten killed by the AoE even after getting the 'you're hidden message' more times then not.) The mob out of the way up on the hill is harder then the last named. Few, if any, non-raid-rigged toons can solo this guy. The final straw is making the final boss immune to the red clickies... which, I thought, were designed specifically to help people kill bosses in such zones. So... people trying to work through the SOLO signature line are going to be forced to find another player to update and progress their SOLO quest.

Not a well-thought out change at all.
    Deveryn likes this.
  11. Hordolin Awanagin Active Member

Correct me if I'm wrong but I'm retty sure I'm what you would call a non-raid-rigged toon. (see sig).
    As for the changes.. They had no impact on me whatsoever. I ran the zone the way it was intended to be done. Front to back, start to finish. Just like every other zone out there. I don't hear anyone complaining about sleepers solo and you having to kill everything in order to progress through it.
  12. Kuulei Well-Known Member

You can skip that one, its only the 2 mentioned in the patch notes. I tested this on beta and I did not have to do the Seer.

My suggestion, albeit they will do what they please, is to change the required kills to the roamer Dirter Aggrog and All-Blocker Mohngu,

This will prevent the dash to the end and actually make it take a bit of time without making the difficulty too horrid for those that just run it solo or for the questline
    Guiscard likes this.
  13. Belissa Active Member

When I did the questline, I was like around 91 and was not able to kill the Necro and in the end was happy that I could skip him. The others were not a problem. Didn't try him after that anymore tho.
    I sometimes have problems with the boss in HM, since my Merc tends to turn his back agains him instead of fighting him and then doing nothing at all. When the snakes appear at that time, I get stunned for too long. Paying attention also to the merc-on-strike was annoying and the red gem helped a bit to kill him. Still had to pay attention to not do it too early to grab aggro.
    Don't really understand why they remove it.

I also won't do WE anymore to be honest, the ship is the easiest one for a reward and ST gives you also always 2 chests and is pretty quickly done as well.

In general it would be more interesting if the other nameds would drop ... well, dunno ... something? Instead of just these stupid orbs that I don't use anyways.
    Instead of making them mandatory to kill in the zone make them worthwhile to kill.
    Guiscard likes this.
  14. Feldon Well-Known Member

I'm going all out DPS with a healer guildmate on that named and still use the red clicky at 25% to kill him. Not everyone is putting out 1 million DPS.
    Guiscard likes this.
  15. Alenna Well-Known Member

good he's impossible to do
  16. Deveryn Well-Known Member

People do complain about ST and other zones, but it's more often related to the value in running the zones for generally poor rewards. I'm sure it's the prime reason people feign their way through Wurmbone's End and they would do it in other zones if they could. I'm not raid geared either. Dreadcutter aside, most of the zones can take me in excess of thirty minutes and I often have nothing to show for it. After all that effort, I get rewarded with gear I can't use and a garbage patch kit that I can't even sell for a few coppers. I do better just running around in the open world, looking for the occasional named and collecting my shinies, obols and rare harvests.
    Guiscard likes this.
  17. Mae- Well-Known Member

Just saying... give me less things to do means I have less reason to log in in the first place... Taking away something I enjoyed doing (again, I have NEVER trained through and always cleared to the final named) once or twice a day means that I probably won't bother logging in during the day at all, as I have nothing left to do.
  18. Kuulei Well-Known Member

Looking at the patch notes for Thursday, they are implementing it as is.
  19. Deveryn Well-Known Member

That's sad. I hope they come up with something better and make the zones worth running.
  20. Sucha Active Member

The mobs in sleeper's tomb solo are nowhere near as bad as a couple of the nameds in WE. The seer and the necromunger are a pain in the behind. I agree with some of the others here, if they were going to make you kill three nameds for tegh chest it should have been the all-blocker and the dirter, not the necromunger. Even with the skyshrine healer merc and a pet my conjy still dies to the necromunger.
    Guiscard likes this.