wth? Why am I getting whupped all of a sudden

Discussion in 'Monk' started by ARCHIVED-ShinGoku, Mar 31, 2008.

1. ARCHIVED-ShinGoku Guest

Heya guys, slightly confused here...

I respecced my AAs earlier today (got my AA mirror yay!) and now all of a sudden, I'm getting curb stomped by things lower in level than me!!

At lvl 75, I don't think my gear sucks too badly and most of my spells pre71 are all masters etc.

I was doing fine last week but all of a sudden, I got murdered by a lvl 73 no arrow mob and for the life of me I can't see why!

Any ideas?
  2. ARCHIVED-ShinGoku Guest

A quick addendum:

Im specced as follows:

AGI 4 4 8
    STA 4 1
    WIS 4 4 8 4 2
    INT 4 4 8
  3. ARCHIVED-BChizzle Guest

RoK mobs hit harder.
  4. ARCHIVED-Solude Guest

Presumably hes been in RoK little earlier than 75 so thats not new though very true. Boy was I shocked the first time I fought an even con in Kylong and kept trying to see the heroic tag that must be somewhere.
    Back to topic... streaks. Avoidance classes are streaky just no way around it. I can take a yellow and walk away clean and next take a blue and get pounded. I'm a bruiser though so between faster heal, knockdowns and utility I usually survive.
  5. ARCHIVED-ShinGoku Guest

I just couldnt figure out what had changed. Its not everyday that a mob you were happily killing last week
    kicks your butt so hard that you cant even get your heal in, in time!

Seriously, all the way thru the battle I was getting resist after resist... My blows WERE landing last week... Doh
  6. ARCHIVED-Solude Guest

Missing is a whole other issue...
    First guess would be you're running defensive stance or as I call it never hit stance or travel stance is probably more accurate.
    Other than that, no idea.
  7. ARCHIVED-Wildmage Guest

better question would be what was your old spec maybe something you changed cut down your ability to hit.
  8. ARCHIVED-Solude Guest

Good catch. Might have been STR speced, ie crush, and now using pierce or slash weapon.
  9. ARCHIVED-ShinGoku Guest

Lol sorry, theres nothing like not giving any information when you complain is there!!

I was actually in midstance. I get hit too much if Im full offense and don't hit anything in full defense.

I'm still using the pair of lvl 72 1h staffs I was using before my respec tbh and they are both crushing skill.

The only thing that has changed is that I moved 4 AAs from the parry bubble of the INT line and put them into my reuse speed AA instead.

I reaaaaaally don't get it.. Honestly.. lol
  10. ARCHIVED-mattmandude Guest

Your current spec doesn't have any +riposte/defense/parry/deflection, and only has a little bit of +health.

If your old spec had a lot of those, then you're obviously gonna git hit harder and more often :p
  11. ARCHIVED-Anjin Guest

That's a decent enough AA spec. There really isn't any reason why you should be getting beaten up by lwr lvl mobs. Can you post an ACT parse? I levelled to 80 and had no problems at all even with orange con mobs (and I only had a 2 EoF set items). Don't know if you're low on a particular resist and this mob had a particular spell/ca that had that dmg type. Parses ftw tbh!
  12. ARCHIVED-ShinGoku Guest

Soon as im able to figure act out, i will happly post em lol!
  13. ARCHIVED-BChizzle Guest

ROK Mobs hit harder he just never noticed. The other thing to keep in mind is if he's fighting even leveled con mobs with the same crap he had when he was 71 of course he is going to get hit harder.
  14. ARCHIVED-ShinGoku Guest

15. ARCHIVED-BChizzle Guest

Thank you for proving my point. Your gear is mostly lvl 71-72 stuff, you level and still fight even con mobs they will hit you harder since your gears for a lvl 72 mob on top of that ROK mobs just plain hit harder. You can buy into all this technical stuff people are saying or just take the simple correct answer.
  16. ARCHIVED-ShinGoku Guest

Ok I will turn your reply on its head and then ask the following question!

Can anyone suggest a decent reasonably easy to aquire upgrade for any of my gear?

I'm not much of a raider as I'm from the UK whereas my server is a US one so its mostly quiet when I play.
  17. ARCHIVED-Solude Guest

Using 72 MC gear is hardly poor gear. I still run around with 62 MC and do not get killed to even con mobs in RoK at 72.
  18. ARCHIVED-BChizzle Guest

ShinGoku wrote:
    Its like a curve, mobs will be a little bit harder for a while then once you are 80 and can start getting the higher gear things will get better.
  19. ARCHIVED-Anjin Guest

BChizzle wrote:
    I managed to get to 80 without upgrading any T7 armour or ca's (I soloed my way to 80 - 2nd on server :/ ). It wasn't until I was 80 that I started doing instance runs.
    I still stand by a parse being the best gauge of what's going wrong - it'll show if the problem lies in offence or defence. Saying it's just down to armour is simplistic at best.
  20. ARCHIVED-Anjin Guest

ShinGoku wrote:
    Unfortunately there is very little brawler gear until you're able to do instance runs (Crypt of Agony, Vaults, Chelsith & Maidens). There are some decent boots from the renegade faction merchant in Kunzar though (lvl 75 iirc). You should be able to get on a CoA group at around lvl 75 so that's something you should strive for.