WTH is with harclave.... (UPGRADE OLDWORLD CONTENT)

Discussion in 'Expansions and Adventure Packs' started by ARCHIVED-lazarus104, Jan 1, 2008.

1. ARCHIVED-lazarus104 Guest

This used to be a decent zone to get solo experiance from, now it's hardly even worth doing, I went in there on my bruiser, just to find out that they added a nifty little, MINUS 90% experience gain to the buff... I make more xp from killing solo mobs.... i killed one named in there i needed for the harclave quest to be rewarded with something that made my tier2 rok(easy quest) gear look fabled, then id almost made it to the final boss so i could finally be done with the zone considering what horridly bad experiance i was getting considering it took me just as long to kill the mobs as it would without the buff.. and i got killed by 2 groups of yellows(only died cuz when i noticed i was near death and tryed to FD, it failed twice)... i was in full rok questgear and a few pieces of mastercraft, cuirboilli... and re got the quest, just to get to the entrance to be told, that i have a near 8 hour wait to get back in.... WTH....

WHY... it is not an uber loot zone, hell the loot isn't even good WHY is there an 8 hour lock on a zone with crumby gear that i wouldn't make my pet wear(if pets could wear gear) and experience that makes killing solo down arrow mobs in other zones look appealing, this all comes down to one thing, either the unreal reuse timer should be taken down on the zone(which would be an SOE style quickfix, that could be done quite easy) or what should be done, THE OLDWORLD CONTENT NEEDS TO BE UPGRADED, Im sick to DEATH of running through timorus(or however ya spell it) deep on my lowbie pvp chars, because if i dont i will be no match for the players that did get their quested gear from TD, PLEASE pay attention to(and dont ignore) this post SOE, many of the players as well as myself im sure would like to re-explore the old content and not have our chars suffer because of it
  2. ARCHIVED-Jrral Guest

XP here was nerfed because of all the people who'd go in, run through all the mobs (easy because of the buff) and then exit without finishing the quest, lather rinse repeat for N levels.
  3. ARCHIVED-Kizee Guest

I don't see how you can say that aprox. 20% exp. (sub level 60) for 5 minutes of work needs an upgrade.
  4. ARCHIVED-Amana Guest

Jrral@Unrest wrote:
    Actually it was heavily nerfed more than just *nerfed* my friend. First nerf I believe made it so you could only go into the zone once. If you did not finish the quest it would only give a 20-24hr lockout timer. After that xp was still a bit high so they nerfed xp again so you could only gain 10-20% xp based on your level. *haven't tried it out in a while*
    Have to say though this was a fun zone and I loved getting xp in it. Find it really sad that they super nerfed this zone because players found an enjoyable place to solo level themselves.
  5. ARCHIVED-DataOutlaw Guest

It needed to be nerfed as it was becoming a one stop levelling shop. People would go into Splitpaw at level 20 and not come out until they were level 60. Not only were they depriving themselves of most of the content in the game but other players as well who had no interest in power levelling found a lot of lvl20-50 zones empty becasue everyone was in Harclave's.
  6. ARCHIVED-Kizee Guest

DataOutlaw wrote:
    Yep. They nerfed it because people weren't grouping.....but after adding all the solo content in KoS people still aren't grouping.
  7. ARCHIVED-Soluss2 Guest

Yes they nerfed the lockout hard..yes they nerfed the loot REALLY hard .. and yes they nerfed the xp really hard as well. However you can now do the zone once per level and gain between 10 and 20% xp in the matter of 5 to 10 minutes if you have invis. Still worth going to once per level for a quicky and worth it for the port stone. I do miss the way it was prenerfage though. I mean who really cares if people spend there time from 20 to 50 in there... noone groups at those levels anyhow except for maby the very occasional pickups and the static groups.
    Hell I hit 64 last night and can do nothing but grind solo mobs and an extremely slow rate of xp at this point because I cannot find a group (been in one SOS group that lasted about 20 minutes). I have completed all the solo quests in sinking sands, loping plains (atleast the ones i can do at this point), TT, baren sky and bonemire. So what the hell am I suppose to do but grind solo mobs for the next 6 damn levels. I have full vitality because Im so sick of soloing I log in and binge a couple hours then take a day or two off. At full vitality killing mobs that are yellow and sometimes orange to me, 1 arrow up and normal... I get a whopping 1% per kill every 2 to 3 mobs. Thats just stupid slow and very boring. Atleast harclaves was fun but I would much rather be instance grouping or dungeon crawling in a group...I cant find one though. Hell I been in SOS that last couple days for a bit and been the only one in zone. I realize most people are now in ROK but damn I would think there would be some people in there 60's lfg.
  8. ARCHIVED-Terron Guest

Harclaves still gives good xp if you complete it, good enough to justify the 8 hour lockout.
    It might be better if the success lockout was triggered by killing the last named rather than getting the buff.

Tier 2 Rok stuff is way overpowered compared to old world stuff of the same tier, but it would them them ages to revamp every thing to match.

Harclaves did become a little harder recently, since now that lighting a lamp breaks invisibility.
    That was a good change.

I'd like the nameds to be made a little stronger, but only if the buff was changed to give summoners a bit more help.
  9. ARCHIVED-Kizee Guest

Terron@Splitpaw wrote:
    It does? How recently?
  10. ARCHIVED-Nogger Guest

Kizee@Befallen wrote:
    I've tried to run it stealthed with Scouts, mages, and Invis totems several times since about Thanksgiving (guessing, but close), all on
    diff toons, and the lamp breaks all 3 methods.

Also, did getting the Buff always spawn the 6 to 8 ~ish Yellow con mobs? I've been running it since mid-summer and never had them spawn on me untill the week before Christmas or so.... Waxed my hienie righteously...... I've even gone afk to get a drink or "offload" a drink after getting the buff... When was this added? Or was it always there?
  11. ARCHIVED-Terron Guest

Brutas@Crushbone wrote:
    Yes, it always has.
    You can avoid them by jumping off the ledge as soon as you get the buff.

I think the becoming visible change was a side effect of the widgets changes in GU38 -
    "There is now a 2-second usage delay for using most widgets in the world (i.e. quest widgets)".
  12. ARCHIVED-Grommit72 Guest

All of you that complain that old world gear is so underpowered compared to new stuff really make me wonder. Did you NEVER play the original EQ? I know I'm new in EQ2, but compared to EQ and how outdated stuff would get even with just going from one expansion to the next, there's no comparison at all. I entered EQ around the time of Kunark and remember so many places I wanted to visit and quest in but nobody would ever go there cause it was 'last' expansion or 'old world' gear that was vastly inferior to what the latest expansion offered. Hence I never got to see 80 percent of the game, at least till long after I had outleveled it and ran through there just for giggles to see the zones themselves. EQ was all about grouping as well so you HAD no choice, you had to go to where everyone else was going for the most part, at least for my job and knowledge level of the game when I played it. The mere idea that Sony should have to constantly update all the old world content in every zone to keep it up to date with a new expansion is pretty off the wall. If all you had to do was sit back and have all your current stuff upgraded and revamped of current zones with a new expansion, why would you BUY the new expansion anyways? To say nothing of how many extra hours it would take designers to basically go through the entire game from start to finish and rewrite it all from a game balance perspective with regards to every new expansion that comes out. It's not a native problem just to EQ/2 either, WoW was exactly the same when they had their expansion come out, everything epic in any way in the old world was now a ghost town as the gear wasn't up to snuff against even common drops from the new areas. FFXI has been like this though they force you to go through old content for progression of the storyline and character, Lineage2 to some degree as well. I've not played many others though but it just seems a fact of life in MMORPGS.