WTF is wrong with this? ZONE CRASHING

Discussion in 'Zones and Populations' started by m4v3r, Feb 13, 2013.

1. m4v3r Member

I mean seriously why is it so hard to get stuff to work properly... ?
    I'm sitting here with 23 other people in TS
    we all have schedules and lifes and trying to have fun here, even paying for it...

Now Harrows End raidzone crashed during loot, after logging back in the raid
    dissolved and the chest was gone.
    It keeps crashing, so now we have to move elsewhere and lost precious time...
  2. Sini Member

HE dumped our raid on Monday night while doing loot for Bastion. Following a petition, a GM later distributed the chest for us.

We were able to continue the zone that night after reforming the raid, but it was very laggy.

I did see in another thread however that the devs have identified a latency issue with some abilities and hope to have it corrected soon, so maybe that will help.
  3. Estred Well-Known Member

The zone Harrows End has been experiencing connectivity issues for roughly 2 weeks now. The end raid boss Drinal has been causing bugs related to; Pathing, Scritps, Zones, Teleporting and Loot on very high levels. The Raid-Developer, Gninja has been working constantly to resolve these issues.

Please bear with him as he tries to iron out the issues. Currently when a raid wipes to Drinal, usually Three Soulwell and above, there is a chance that the entire Harrows End server will perform a "dump" kicking players to Character Select regardless of what zone they are in. This means that the crash you experienced m4v3r could actually have been caused by the death of another guild on your server.

Customer Service is equipped with the ability to review logs and recover chests. You may contact them in game by typing "/petition" in your chat window and submitting a new ticket. Hopefully this helps you out and I do hope you find ways to enjoy Everquest 2 while these issues are being worked on.
  4. m4v3r Member

Yeah it's alright, someone wrote a petition and I hope we'll have at least a chance at the loot.
    When I made the thread I was really kinda furious and all... but now I'm just wondering why
    you can't write wtf :_D

Anyway thanks for your kind words, I really hope they fix this soon as it could get annoying if it happened more often...
    sincerely, maver.

lol, it was meant to say the three-letter abbreviation of "what the..." ;)
  5. Estred Well-Known Member

It's alright we all have moments of anger... heck I know some of my posts have been heated but I do try to refrain from breaking forum guidelines. As to why you can't use that Acronym it would be because the last word is an expletive curse word meaning the well... I won't say it's definition in public.

Same for trying to abbreviate Great Divide since the second letter in that would be construed to mean "god ____." The forums have filters on them. May Customer Support get back to you and help straighten your issue and get you back on track to a fun time in Norrath.
  6. Terrogaunt Developer

We have had the worst luck trying to find the cause of this crash. Fortunately, I did happen fix the part in code that was actually crashing when it happened, so that code should get to Live soon. It's just one of those bugs you can never reproduce, I guess.

Anyway, fix incoming soon.
  7. Crychtonn Active Member

It's reproduced on a nightly basis on the live servers . . . . . just saying :confused:
    Kinya and Jrel like this.
  8. hellzelves Member

Sighs every single wipe just about = crash
  9. hellzelves Member

more than welcome to come watch it happen to us for hours tbh
  10. Geothe Active Member

Had Harrows raid crash like 5 times tonight. 3 times on drinal. and 2 times just randomly.. not evenign fighting. Auctioning loot
  11. Terrogaunt Developer

The fix isn't live yet. I just asked and it sounds like it *should* be there in the next patch. If it happens after the next update, please keep us posted.
  12. Everdog Member

In Sebilis server, official motd says something is wrong with ST and you dont go there.
    SOE removed the Old ST Entrance too.

Could anyone tell me What happened to these ST instances ?
  13. Gninja Developer

The crash fix should be included in today's (Wed 2/20) hotfix.
  14. hellzelves Member

oh wow I hope so! Now someone direct me to the thread where it says all the crap the tanks get is working as intended