WTB Real Duel Wield Spec

Discussion in 'Berserker' started by ARCHIVED-Thetmes, Apr 14, 2011.

1. ARCHIVED-Thetmes Guest

Like the topic says lets see this happen.
  2. ARCHIVED-InsaneChaosMarine Guest

3. ARCHIVED-Thetmes Guest

Even got an easy way to do it for ya change reversal. Either make it apply to DW or add in a DW componant to it or something.
  4. ARCHIVED-Thetmes Guest

Or revamp our EOF tree which from what I understand is ahppening to Guards.

Just a thought
  5. ARCHIVED-InsaneChaosMarine Guest

You mean already happend to guards?
  6. ARCHIVED-Tekadeo Guest

Would be cool to have an AA in our Shadows tree to mirror Knight's Stance, except giving us more damage when Dual Wielding or using a 2hander.
    Crazy that Crusaders got two literally amazing AA's in their 3rd line of the shadows tree (Knight's Stance and Phalanx-15% shield block), plus the game-changing Aura of the Crusader, and Warriors got...+100 CA damage and weak-butt Cry of the Warrior?
  7. ARCHIVED-InsaneChaosMarine Guest

more like worthless Cry of the warrior, it has a 50% chance to get resisted.

we need 15% damage to all weapons and damage reduction, cry of the warrior should be "reduces all damage done to caster or something"
  8. ARCHIVED-InsaneChaosMarine Guest

we also need our entire tree revamped.
  9. ARCHIVED-Thetmes Guest

One thing at a time guys lol.

The more I think about it changing Reversal would be nice I know allot of Guards DW when fighting trash for the DPS boost so adding something to do with DW on there would benifit both Zerks and Guards.

Or here is a thought ( its a long one so sorry for the wall of text )
    Make Guards the only ones able to use Tower Shields and unable to DW or use 2 handers
    Zerks Unable to use Tower shields but able to use Kite Shields ( lower the numbers on these a touch ) Able to DW but No 2 handers
    SK No Tower Shields Able to use Kite Shields and 2 Handers but no DW Still
    Pally No Tower Sheilds able to use Kite Shields and 2 handers but no DW Still

This would make minor changes to how the Crusaders tank. The lower numbers on the Kite Shields would not make that much of a differance and if they added a chance to block on the 2 handers ( not as much as on the shields of course maybe 5% or something ). They would also need to change some of the aa to add some block chance while using a 2 hander also.
    It would not really change anything for the Guards as the Tower Sheilds would still be the best out there. There DPS would not be effected that much either. Zerks would have some adjusting to do but it would put us where we need to be imo add a lil block chance to some off handers for us add some block chance with off hander into our aa. Basicly give us a real DW spec we can go with.
  10. ARCHIVED-Thetmes Guest

How about a lil Red name comment in on this be it a

Hey we will look into that good idea's guys.

or

ROTFLMA are you serious.......
  11. ARCHIVED-Fearacron Guest

Kimber@Nagafen wrote:
    While I agree every tank should have their specialty. It would make it next to impossible for a guardian to hold aggro sword and board unless they got some kind of bonus. Also block chance wont do anything on a 2hander or DW weapon. You would need like dodge/parry chance/ riposte, something uncontested for those.
  12. ARCHIVED-Thetmes Guest

Last I checked Guards really dont have much trouble holding aggro with the right set up. If they need a boost for it then give it to them just ensure that it is in line with the rest of the tanks.

As for the block chance on the 2H or off hand for DW it could be anything just so long as the avoidance/block chance has some sort of balance to it for example ( just going with some even %'s here to keep it simple )

Guard would have say 30% avoid and 70% block while using Sword and Tower Shield

Zerk would have say 40% avoid and 60% block with Sword and Kite Shield and 60% avoid and 40% block DW

Sk would have 35% avoid and 65% block with Sword and Kite Shield and 55% avoid and 45% block with 2H

Pally would have 45% avoid and 55% block with Sword and Kite Shield and 35% avoid and 65% block with 2H

I know that is prolly not how it really would need to be or anything just a way to show what I am thinking that way they are all balanced though and each does thier job in a differant way yet can still do the job no mater which spec they go with. Would it be better for a Pally to go with Sword and kite prolly would it be better for a Zerk to go with DW for the higher avoid prolly get hit less but less chance to block also. You can see where I am going though and while it my need allot of work the basic idea seems sound. At least to me it does.
  13. ARCHIVED-InsaneChaosMarine Guest

Kimber@Nagafen wrote:
    Zerkers do not rely on avoidance.

Zerkers do not use shields.

Zerkers Rely on Damage Reduction.

Thank you.
  14. ARCHIVED-SOE-MOD-02 Guest

Please remember that the GREAT thing about these forums is the help that everyone can bring to them. Disagreeing is fine, but insulting someone for having different views is not. Thank you!
  15. ARCHIVED-Fearacron Guest

Failathion@Nagafen wrote:
    Tuor, what you are asking for is a scout tank, as in they never put on a shield and do nothing but dps. While a zerker is supposed to be the dps tank. They are still a tank and should not have greater survivability while duel wielding. Zerkers do not rely on damage reduction. That old adrenaline was way too powerful considering with gear choices zerkers could hit 72% damage reduction. While i'll agree that the new adrenaline was far too underpowered. I'd still take the new one over the crummy recapture that guardians have. Every tank relies on avoidance while tanking to stay alive. Berserkers do need some type of defensive ability to block spike damage but not 50% damage reduction. Should be changed to like 15% reduction and 35% healed.
  16. ARCHIVED-InsaneChaosMarine Guest

Blocking is stupid, Zerkers are weilding 2 weapons, or a giant sword, we should be taking hits and being aggressive.
    Not Avoiding or Dodging attacks.
    We're not Monks.

I'll never support anything except "Damage Reduction" or "Healed when hit".

We have so many abilitys that require us getting hit, even our mythical.
    Why ruin all of this by giving us avoidance? I try to get mine as low as possible.
  17. ARCHIVED-Fearacron Guest

Failathion@Nagafen wrote:
    LOL
  18. ARCHIVED-Thetmes Guest

What I put up there I did to keep it simple and to show that it should be balanced. It does not take into account rip or parry or any of that. All those things can be added in though and I am sure the Devs can figure out what that balance would need to be.

The whole point of this thread is to see if we can get something that will give us a real DW spec.
  19. ARCHIVED-Thetmes Guest

Kimber@Nagafen wrote:
    Here I will edit the stuff to make it more in line with what you are wanting to see. Just so it makes more sense to you even though I went with broad terms to keep it simple. Now this would change things a lil bit from my previous stament about pally as with it all set up like this pally would want to have a big 2H I would think but again you see the point. I hope.

Edit to add,

No I dont think that these are the end all be all values that we should be using either. Its just and example of how balance could be achieved and give each of the plate tanks a way to do thier job that is differant from the other or they can all use sword and board.
  20. ARCHIVED-Silzin Guest

Kimber@Nagafen wrote:
    I have bin following this thread since it’s about tanking... and i am a tank... I am not trying to derail it, and I dont think you need/want to add the brawlers into your calculations... so I will get to what i want to say.

I think I understand what you are trying to say here. That each tank would have less "outright damage reduc" when not using a shield, but would have more over all avoid when not using a shield. Thus making it so on hard fights when the mob hits hard you will need/want to use a shield but other then that you would always want to use a 2H or DW. If I am understanding this right? I have 3 major problems here.
    1. Are the recommended amounts of Damage Reduction real amounts you want to see?
    2. Are you really intending for all play tanks to gain avoidance over all when dropping a shield?
    3. Edit: also I don’t think you would want there to be different shield drops all of mobs that drop shields, with itemization as mest up as it is and drop rates the way they are… it would become a mess.