Wracking my brains

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by Primitive, Jan 10, 2020.

1. Primitive Member

Never has an achievement title been so apt!

Achievement for killing Wrackland solo named awarded one of 4 red runes, This has been changed to blue,

Why Why Why ?

The runes are way stronger as a red rune rather than blue. Characters who completed the quest in the first 2 weeks now have an unfair advantage.

So please change them back to red or give people an option to choose red or blue..

Better still put a merchant in so we can change those runes from red to blue and vice versa,
    Zynt, Jest, Mercychalice and 6 others like this.
  2. Primitive Member

3. Dilon Active Member

Yes agreed 100%, why was this done? There is no reason to have made this change.
  4. Drona Well-Known Member

Yes 100% agree. This is horrible and bad change and I hope it was mistake and get reverted.

Red runes seems to be very rare so giving away 1 doesn't seem all that bad and game breaking.
  5. Arieva Well-Known Member

I agree with this post. No one is having a hard time finding blue runes at the end of the day. they are having a beast of a time finding red. Revert them back to red or at least give us a choice
  6. Arclite Well-Known Member

A long list of "whys?". I think if we get a response to any of those "whys", I will consider that to be a landmark achievement...see what i did there? ;)
  7. Vunder Well-Known Member

I like the change.

Instead of standing around crying, I did the achievements and got the rune. Now I don't have to lose one of my blue fervor runes.
  8. Primitive Member

lol so you are okay but don't gave a crap about anyone else. I also have red rune but I'm not as self centred as you it seems.
  9. Drona Well-Known Member

I would say everyone posted here has the red version of the rune so this is not about that.

However I am curious why you like this change? Is it because you get a leg up over someone who didn't do the achievement?
  10. Vunder Well-Known Member

Yes it is. A nice reward for those that worked their tails off getting as many achievements done instead of rushing to heroics. It's a small victory against the system that is the worst expansion in everquest history, but ill take it.
  11. Primitive Member

Yes killing 8 solo named is awesome. I certainly think you are special ….
  12. Drona Well-Known Member

There is no arguing with a logic like that so I will see myself out!
    Observing, Dilon, Beee and 1 other person like this.
  13. Avithax Well-Known Member

"Always amazed but never surprised" Should be the mantra for all EQ2 players.
  14. Pantherist Member

This is probably the worst post ever written. Very stiff competition too. So what if those that "rushed to heroics" were able to get a drop that you are no longer able to get? One that has pretty big implications since blue slots are extremely limited? Would you be OK with the fact that you couldn't get it?
    Your "small victory against the system" isn't a victory over DBG. Its a competitive edge over your player base.
    If they want to change it to blue-only, then fine, make it retroactive and change all the reds that previously looted to blue and place in their backpack.
    Finnwizz, Rebelde, Observing and 4 others like this.
  15. Dilon Active Member

I probably shouldn't hold my breath while awaiting an official response to this, I'm guessing.

It's funny the things that drive a player away.
  16. Drona Well-Known Member

Still no response. Was there anything about this on discord from devs?
  17. Arclite Well-Known Member

Too busy (i sincerely hope) fixing other things.
  18. Avithax Well-Known Member

I haven't seen anything, but i've been avoiding Discord a lot more than usual because my big mouth has a tendency to get me in trouble and the ban hammer is fast to fall there.
    Lateana and Argosunited like this.
  19. Drona Well-Known Member

@Dreamweaver on discord has confirmed that the crates were supposed to be blue.... so tough luck returning players and alts who didn't do the achievement while it was giving out red version.
  20. Sowy Active Member

>@Dreamweaver on discord has confirmed that the crates were supposed to be blue.... so tough luck returning players and alts who didn't do the achievement while it was giving out red version.

then they need to add more blue slots to things and then I won't care.
    Argosunited likes this.