Wow necro's got shafted

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by ARCHIVED-Elemence, Nov 20, 2004.

1. ARCHIVED-Elemence Guest

The illusion and pet appearances for Conjurors down right pwn Necromancer's. I mean, what is the deal here? I understand the first lvl of pets and illusions for necros is only going to be skeletons, but what is flayed form, zombie? and then ghost i assume from reading the forums and using my brain is the same opaque ghost form I see on lvl 12 ghosts in the commonlands- correct me if I am wrong on any of that, please. I'm definitely going to do the betrayal quest, I've seen the image of the horned skeleton for later necro pets, and even that is only moderately impressive. I've got to give it up for what they did with the Conjurer fire illusions and pets effects, what with the pet swirling around the master and stuff, it all looks very intense. Please thrash me soundly on any inaccuracies here, or tell me I'm wrong about the necro looks. :shrug:
  2. ARCHIVED-Xxithsiss Guest

K if you're only picking your class from the look and the graphic effect..please be a conj. Good riddance.
    Being a necro is about loving the class.

Criimson
  3. ARCHIVED-Big Daddy X Guest

Amen Crimson.... WOOT for the necros

Dominar
  4. ARCHIVED-Noctivagus Guest

Ya the necros look pretty sad. A shame really.
  5. ARCHIVED-TraceDAce Guest

I agree Crimson, I am a necro kinda guy, on every game of this nature I play a necro. You have to like your class and learn the tricks to make it kick **ZOMG**.
  6. ARCHIVED-Varekai Guest

I love playing a necro and had a very powerful one in EQ but to say that by loving the class you should expect less is wrong.

I love playing my necro toon but still would like to have awsome looking pets.

Yavool
    Kithicor
  7. ARCHIVED-Urguwno Guest

I want my eye candy.

Maybe make the higher level pets engulfed in hellfire with a nice particle effect... give them a green glow... make black ooze drip from their carcas... make them cancel all ambient light effects in a radius around them...

I don't care how it's done really, but necro pets could use some artistic love.
  8. ARCHIVED-Elemence Guest

That's all I'm trying to say, and yeah visual appeal matters to me, but I've been playing MMO's for many years, since "the Realm" was a baby actually, so understand my desires are not entirely superficial, as it was posted above me, just because you love a class doesn't mean you should expect less- I had my doubts at first but I see necro's are an equally powerful class, their visual effects should represent them as such. imo, of course.
  9. ARCHIVED-evhallion Guest

Yes, yes I know this is a major necro post (from the start of the game actually) but I thought it interesting to look back on thoughts then and how things have changed over the course of the game. I mean every LU we still get post with titles like "Wow necro's got shafted" but you sure don't see it over pet graphics compared to the conj anymore. ;) Anyone else remember some good "sky is falling" posts that turned out alright in the end?
  10. ARCHIVED-gradymann Guest

[p]T7 Mastered necro pets look better than anything out there. Conj pets are pretty gimpy looking compared to them.[/p]
  11. ARCHIVED-Norrsken Guest

Haha, i were readingt he first few posts and going "WTH?!" Then I checked the dates. ;) They definately geve the pets a touch up. Other "Sky falling" things must be the nerfing of the scout pet, and tank pet.
  12. ARCHIVED-Sosumya Guest

What a re-tarded thread to necro.
  13. ARCHIVED-Rocc Guest

The title is misleading btw. Conjies have been nerfed beyond belief and necoids have way cooler pets imo and I have a 70 conj.
  14. ARCHIVED-Rocc Guest

lol just saw the date.
  15. ARCHIVED-Eriku Guest

I have a 40 necro and my mage pet is glowing so much green that you can barely tell theres a skeleton under it.
  16. ARCHIVED-Norrsken Guest

Char@Antonia Bayle wrote:
    Check the dates on the posts...
  17. ARCHIVED-Thumatos Guest

ROFL , well, whats more apropos for a necro forum than a necro'ed post ) Good Job:thumbup:
  18. ARCHIVED-Xalmat Guest

A hell of a necro post, to be sure. These days, the opposite is usually said. Most Necro pets look way better than Conjuror pets, hehe.
  19. ARCHIVED-evhallion Guest

[p] Oh that it is (was posted when these forums opened), but my reason for bringing back this thread wasn't so much to discuss it's orginal topic but to use it as an example of how things have changed over time. How often do you all see titles like the above full of doom and gloom for the necros? How often does it turn out to be that bad for the class? [/p][p]Personally I think necros have had it better than any other class in the game as far as nerfs/fixes/etc. So far SOE hasn't thrown anything at our class that the dedicated necro player couldn't adapt to or overcome completly. Then again this may say something about the type of people who play necro. ;) [/p]
  20. ARCHIVED-Norrsken Guest

Sarafan@The Bazaar wrote:
    Yeh, necros just dont die, and even if they did, they'd just come back as a lich. ;)