Woven Vulcanized Boots are bugged

Discussion in 'Monk' started by ARCHIVED-Cwiyk, Aug 1, 2005.

1. ARCHIVED-Cwiyk Guest

Woven Vulcanized Boots are bugged. They are performing a "true" AoE taunt (hitting everything in the area, not just the target encounter.) The boots do not specify that they perform an AE of any type. The exact description is:
    Casts Startle
    Casts Startle on caster. When target is struck this spell has a 7% chance to:
    Increase Threat by 139-223
    Either the description of the proc is incomplete and needs to be changed to indicate the proc is an AoE, or the proc is bugged and should not be AoE’ing.
    The reason its necessary to bring this bug to attention, is that these boots can cause unwanted agro while worn. As long as you wear them and are fighting there is the chance that the proc will go off and taunt everything around you. The consequences can range from annoying to lethal.

P.S. As far as I know Janey of Crushbone discovered this bug :)

[IMG]

Message Edited by Cwiyk on 08-01-2005 06:24 PM
  2. ARCHIVED-Sinsemilla Guest

Nice Boots :smileysurprised:
  3. ARCHIVED-Dfoley323 Guest

I could have sworn they changed the description of it. I remember when they droped thinking "oh snap, ae taunt" Theyve always been a pb AoE, not a tb AoE. Pb hits everything point blank, tb hits everything linked to the target base.
  4. ARCHIVED-Reposado Guest

Was wondering one day why I was pulling gray mobs when soloing, eventually I came to realize it was the WV Boots proccing an out of encounter AoE taunt. They are broke, at least according to the description.. however, if they said "procs an out of encounter AoE taunt" I wouldn't mind it at all.
  5. ARCHIVED-Gaige Guest

Frostgale proc on the IceDuster is an out of encounter AE DD to :(
  6. ARCHIVED-Cwiyk Guest

It would be really nice if the devs *cough*MG*cough* would take notice and rethink the effectiveness of putting a "true" aoe proc on items. The number of situations where these procs are a hinderance far outweights the situations where they are a boon. I literally do not wear these boots 99% of the time because of this issue. They are the best boots I have for attributes and mitigation, yet they sit in my alternate gear bag.

If we had the ability to turn off the procs on specific items that would be great. If all proc aoe's were changed to target-encounter only aoe's that would be great. Just please please don't ruin any more otherwise great items with loose cannon procs.
  7. ARCHIVED-Ratty31 Guest

8. ARCHIVED-Cwiyk Guest

After reading your response Ratty31 I started a discussion with some other monks about the situation, and some of them were inclined to agree with you and I can see their point. After some discussion we came to the conclusion that the preferrable solution would be to make reactive procs only effect encounters that are already engaged. Not only would this solve the issue of only taunting mobs you want taunted, but it would also prevent reactive dd procs from engaging encounters you don't want to engage (like when you're training through someplace).
  9. ARCHIVED-Reposado Guest

Boot's are a major issue with me.. as are belts.. Mostly because of GEBs and FBSS.. I have reinforced leather boots (fabled from SotL) and the WV Boots. I wear WV a lot, but the regain on GEBs is way too good to pass up in most situations, not even including the heat resists. I also used to wear JBoots a lot for the speed, but I'm too lazy to un-equip them every time I engage something, so I mounted em.

Same with belts, FBSS is a super-sick belt. It's hard to bid on a fabled belt that isn't god-like (still waiting for a girdle of conquering). I do however tend to switch belts a lot. It seems to be one of the easiest slots to get every resist type for. So on a lot of raids I'm wearing something else.. ahh the decisions!!

Well, back on topic.. WV boots are sick, I don't mind the AoE proc at all, I do wish they wouldl label them correctly. I only take them off to get regain from GEBs, not because of the proc.