Wouldn't it be cool if..

Discussion in 'Monk' started by ARCHIVED-ShinGoku, Oct 7, 2007.

1. ARCHIVED-ShinGoku Guest

I finally got my wife to roll a monk and shes loving it!

One question she did raise was "why doesn't monk actually seem very monk-like"?

I chuckled at first but then after thinking about it, we talked about it and how little things could be done to make
    monks even cooler.

Just a fun thread really by way of a fun wish list:

My no 1 just to get the ball rolling:

1) The ability to fire ki blasts like dragonballz and streetfighter! As monks we are meant to focus and channel our ki, why
    cant we fling it about to hurt things?
  2. ARCHIVED-Khandor Guest

I want to be able to fly too.. really fast.. and fight so fast that I'm invisible.Fireballs would rock..
  3. ARCHIVED-Timaarit Guest

ShinGoku wrote:
    Answer to this is lvl 65 skill Dragonbreath...
  4. ARCHIVED-ShinGoku Guest

I was thinking more of a range attack rather than a single aoe attack.

With regards to gear, whilst more gi is always welcome it wouldnt hurt for the gi and other parts to have some
    better stats on it. My wu gear does have str and agi but no stamina?
  5. ARCHIVED-Wyrmypops Guest

Off the top of my head the two things I'd change would be making gi's look like gi's rather than a bondage outfit. And change the animation on one of the kicks to actually be a kick.
    But once the skeletal revamp is done and dusted, it'd be nice to change the animation of our AE to a spinning sweep kick. I don't even recall what it looks like now, and my dodgy memory aside it must just no that memorable.
  6. ARCHIVED-Amphibia Guest

Timaarit wrote:
    Oh...

I thought that was some kind of "the day after eating food with garlic"-skill.
  7. ARCHIVED-ShinGoku Guest

Lol garlic!

Ki blasts could cause non elemental crushing damage, but could be relativly weak.

It could help differentiate us a lot as we wouldnt be throwing hammers around anymore ;)
  8. ARCHIVED-Gasheron Guest

Ya know what I'd like? More agi on our higher end equip. I mean, aren't monks supposed to be agile and lithe, able to dodge blows and counterattack swiftly? What about that whole thing of "using your opponent's momentum"? Hell, our primary "tanking" method is through avoidance, to which the only stat of our characters that applies is agility. So, why is there only one or two Monk Fabled equip (armor, not weapons) with more than 25 or so agi? Does that make sense?
    From the game mechanics, Str is more important to us than agi ever will be. But from a conceptual point of view, shouldn't agi be our main stat? What kind of "monks" are we?