Would you want a reset?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Ashe, Apr 18, 2017.

1. Mizgamer62 Feldon Fan Club Member

I know AB's population has been permanently affected by the IOR,TLE, and former Trak servers. I wish they would combine all of the US Live servers into one big server like they did with the Euro servers (Thurgadin). At least then when they introduce a specialty server, the live server wouldn't feel the impact as much, but I know that won't happen. Guess we just have to wait and see (as always I hope for the best outcome).
  2. Meneltel Well-Known Member

Even now on AB, there are so many who don't RP, who don't want to RP, and even some who mock those who RP... on the RP server.
    Lasai and Mizgamer62 like this.
  3. Mizgamer62 Feldon Fan Club Member

What kills me is that pug's are pretty much dead. I watch the chat channels day and night and the most activity is in the auction channel with people buying their gear instead of playing the game. I have given up on alts. I feel very fortunate that I was able to get my wizard's epic 2.0 done when I did and that was by the skin of my teeth.
  4. Meneltel Well-Known Member

I don't pug, ever. Being an aoe dps SK, pugs have no interest in me. I don't do enough damage for them. So I don't even try. My guild runs will take strangers who are in a zone looking for a group if we have room, but we don't normally look in LFG to fill it. Had a bad experience many months ago when a wizard joined our group and didn't like the fact there was 2 SKs in the group. for a heroic AoM run. After the run was done, he left and we brought in a merc and went on another run while the wizard went LFG again. He didn't ask to join us and we didn't ask him to leave or invite him back. There are several guildies who will go LFG, but normally as a guild, we don't take them from the channel, but if we are in a zone and see a "/ooc Any room in a group?", we will try to make room if we can.
  5. Fleshdecay Well-Known Member

“Fallen Gate – New TLE Server

We’re going to be unlocking a new TLE server this year, Fallen Gate. This server will differ from Stormhold, as there won’t be voting and expansion content will open automatically every 12 weeks. There will be an exact schedule for this and you will know exactly what day each expansion will go live. As we get closer to release we will have more information, but we wanted to talk a bit about Heritage Quests on this server. As a benefit for those who play on the new server, so finishing Heritage Quests on Fallen Gate will unlock some cool rewards for your characters on the regular servers. In addition, there are lots of new achievements, titles, and rewards to be earned here for those who are interested.”
  6. Tupperbeast Active Member

The players base on Thurgadin is also not better, one must often search 30 minutes to one hour for groups.
    The idea to make another or such a kind of TLE server, I personally do not look good.

Many players have already left the game, those who are still playing the game are still alive. Daybreak would be better If they put the existing servers together and so on Maximum number of three servers come, the player base would be much stronger.

Pvp was nice many loved it but neither Sony nor Daybreak have managed to get the mechanic to refine a balance of classes.

And so slowly you can also see the Daybreak copied much from other MMOS from mounts, etc. These are, for example, already present in WOW also some game elements
  7. Nuada Active Member

LTE with PVP im ready !! without not... here are enough PVE servers and i play on noone of it, i wait for a Supportet PVP server!
  8. harvash Active Member

Now there's someone with time on their hands...
  9. Meaghan Stormfire Well-Known Member

Daybreak dropped the TLE-PVP ball hard... over a cliff. Can't even see the bottom, it might still be falling. Never going to see that ball again.
  10. Arandar Well-Known Member

This poor horse just keeps getting flogged, buried, dug up and flogged some more.
  11. Fleshdecay Well-Known Member

It's also been a great bait and hook. Every time pvp is mentioned someone who has never even played it gets triggered and rants.
    Meneltel likes this.
  12. MikeySaysGo Member

Three months is much too fast for expansions imo. I also hope they reconsider the fallen gate server to 6 months. And the new eq1 server is permanently capping at the planes of power expansion. I wish the fallen gate server would also cap at one of the older better expansions like EOF!!
  13. harvash Active Member

I think at the very least, given how my HQ's there are and how bunched up initial content is, they should do 4-6 months on release (i favor 6), then 3-4 months thereafter.
  14. Meaghan Stormfire Well-Known Member

I think it should be based on the size of the release. 3 months is more then enough for DoF to be honest, but EoF and RoK might be better at somewhere between 4-6 months, especially of they stagger the mid-expansion releases to halfway through instead of opening zones like Unrest and Fear straight out of the gate.
  15. Gourdon Well-Known Member

As much as this sounds sensible, it would not work out in practice because there are different opinions regarding what would be appropriate. I do agree that something above 12 weeks per expansion would be better for me, too, but there needs to be some consideration for those that will play hard and fast. 12 weeks per expansion has kept Phinigel lively for over two years and advancement in EQ is slower, so it isn't a bad starting point for EQ2. Unfortunately, we won't find out until a year in whether 12 weeks is too slow or too fast to maintain a community.
  16. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Maybe you all would be happier with 16 weeks so they would release 3 per year instead of 4.
    harvash likes this.
  17. teivos New Member

I would be much happier with 16 weeks tbh, I feel like I missed a lot already on the current TLE and a lot of people from the current TLE are planning to play on the new one....
    Dauvien and harvash like this.
  18. Dauvien Member

I'd like 16 weeks too vs 12... I'm thinking of coming back for Fallen Gate. However either way they should roll DoF/KoS into a single timeframe otherwise they'll get burnout over the DoF stuff OR open with DoF to get Shattered lands content more of an "endgame".
  19. Dauvien Member

Another option would be what I've seen others post. Just have a defined timeline each xpac will be live, vs a fixed 12 weeks for all xpacs. Post the timeline of xpacs before the server goes live. Maybe take a dreaded vote and just take the mean of the responses and round to the closest week to create the timeline. Those who want to play on TLE: FG should have no issues with one vote to detail the experience of the server.
  20. Arandar Well-Known Member

Anecdotal evidence is anecdotal, but that's not what I've been hearing. For the people I've talked to who have expressed interest, mostly it's been qualified with a "if the rewards for completing the HQs are really good..." along with "they need to fix the gear first".