Would you want a reset?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Ashe, Apr 18, 2017.

1. Ashe Member

I found the TLE server to be probably the most fun I had playing EQ2,ever really.With how fast the expansions are being released.Was wondering what everyones thoughts would be if after the most current expansion is released or even earlier than that, would everyone like the server to be set back to the start of the TLE, then repeating having them unlocked all over again
  2. Venser Active Member

i would be all for a new TLE server to open. with Fyreflyte doing itemization now and a few problems fixed, a new TLE from shattered lands could be better than this first TLE server.
  3. Ashe Member

New itemization?
  4. Siren Well-Known Member

Didn't they say they were planning a new event server? It was probably Discord chatter though.
  5. Venser Active Member

snd didnt they say we would have a producers letter in april, now "sometime" in may. i believe that we will get an event server, but Kander doesnt know what of yet. he said no more race servers (probably). we will see, probably mid summer.

and Ashe, i dont know if you were around for DoF and KoS, (i was not) but everyone goes on about how the mobs were, mitigation, hp, our damage, etc so terrible. i think if we went back now and if afyre needed to make adjustments he could for gear, it might be a fun experience and not make people quit.
  6. Gourdon Well-Known Member

If they do a new TLE, they should avoid the voting drama and uncertainty and follow the 1 expansion per 12 weeks schedule of Phinigel.
    HaphazardAllure and harvash like this.
  7. Siren Well-Known Member

Great Ceasar's Ghost, wouldn't it be cool if they did a King of the Hill Exile-only open PvP server free for all? That would be a freaking blast for about 3 months. Then it would empty out whether or not they shut it down again, lol....

They could make special titles you could take back to your home server, like "Biggest chicken" if you run from fights, "Most OP class junky" etc. It could be fun!!

*ducks*
    Meneltel likes this.
  8. Mizgamer62 Feldon Fan Club Member

If they were to do a reset or make a new TLE server, I hope they don't sell vitality potions this time (even though they wouldn't let veterans claim rewards). Prior to them selling the vitality potions, I noticed people were more engaged in grouping, but once those were released the grouping started to dry up fairly quickly as people were able to rush to max level. As others have said, fix itemization/gear progression so that it makes sense as you level and progress to harder content. Hopefully, they have learned from past mistakes and a new or reset TLE will be a better experience in the future.
  9. Kalika Well-Known Member

I would love a slow TLE with expansion releases like each 6 monthes, may be less for low content expansions.

You my imagine other ways to unlock the content, rules like at least X% of the active accounts have completed the tier 1 raid, or the average level/progression of the highest toon taken in the set of active accounts etc ...

Itemisation is and was broken, first MC items are really bad now, second many item were balanced around stats that were not in game , and still now many oitems are weaker than they should because of the lack of critical bonus, before it was dps mod, ma, etc ...

Probably we could roll back to the moment at which stats where unified (ie when priest melee started to depend on WIsdom and not Strength anymore).

The current levels o dps-mod/haste/ma make velocity, haste and other similar buffs quite irrelevant.
  10. Hathyn New Member

A new TLE server would be exactly what a lot of us need. One based on a rolling 6 month new xpac system, not based on votes. No vitality pots, just playing the game the way we used to.
  11. dirgenoobforreal Well-Known Member

They should just open a new TLE server with a fixed amount of time between expansions being unlocked. That way players and guilds alike can plan their adventures more fluently instead of rushing to clear everything every few months.
    HaphazardAllure likes this.
  12. Blaupunkt Active Member

A new TLE in the future, sure, right now ? no thanks I am still enjoying the current TLE.

They would also need to make sure all content was adjusted for some sort of progression by that I mean all heroic content as well as raids, and also make sure some crappy quested item is not BiS, RoK would need re looking at for example, instances and T1 raids giving the best armour ?

I would not be totally against some sort of voting system but I find the current TLE have xpacs are released to fast as it is, 2 to 4 months give or take just is not long enough, I no longer have 8, 10+ hours a day to spend playing this or any game for that matter.
  13. harvash Active Member

So much this. The wife and I really loved TLE, but we fell behind due to some health problems with both sides of the family - by the time we got back to it, we had already missed like 2 votes.

4-6 months, no vote -- this gets my vote :)
  14. Caiss Member

I agree. I want another TLE or Event server in the future but at the same time i don't want one right now. I think they are starting to get everything in order of what needs fixing and balancing. I've said it multiple times throughout threads and its that they should use Stormhold as a testing server. They have seen what has worked and what did not work and now that everything is moving smoother i think the next one will be hundred times better.

Also month gaps instead of voting gets my vote of approval.
    ringgirl_UFC likes this.
  15. Castekin New Member

It would be great if they were to have a 4-6 month unlock period but unfortunately the everquest franchise has always catered to the more hard core gamer.

I can guarantee you that if they had a four month unlock period the noisy minority would be screaming to unlock the expansions after the first month.
  16. Phaedrix Active Member

17. Earar Well-Known Member

won't it empty the live server even more ? just wondering, especially if doing stuff there will give u items or bonuses on live server ... I fear most people would just loggin for raid nights and setting up up group would start to become even harder ...

maybe it's just irrational fear but can't help wondering :)
    ringgirl_UFC, Myndd and Mizgamer62 like this.
  18. Mizgamer62 Feldon Fan Club Member

Yes it will hurt the population on the live servers and the current TLE server. :confused::eek::mad:
  19. Phaedrix Active Member

Whether it would hurt non-TLE populations I don't know, particularly if the HQ bonuses gained on Fallen Gate only apply on non-TLE. But for Stormhold it's definitely bad news.
  20. Raff Well-Known Member

I don't know about that. A lot of people on Live tried TLE and found it not to their liking. I can't see them jumping on another TLE. It might hurt the current TLE though.