Would you look at all the 85's in newby zones

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Ladymist, Oct 1, 2013.

1. Ladymist Well-Known Member

rofl 1/3 of the newby zones populations are level 85's just checked 2 servers

its a levelopolypse.

Newby:
    Now beefier than before, tastes great too!
  2. Wirewhisker Well-Known Member

Yeah, with substantially better gear than an organic L85 would have.

Disappointing.
  3. Blade Parker Active Member

I was hoping to see a restriction on mentoring and the chronomage for the heroics. The people who want heroics always have the option to create true heroes starting at level 1 if they wanted to 'revisit' the old zones.
    Wirewhisker likes this.
  4. Estal Well-Known Member

They have harvesting skills at 5, they have no l&ls done, they have no language quests done and so on.
    On top of those backtracking reasons there was a massive undeclared exp nerf in the now extra dreadful 85 - 95 grind, so there are prob quite a few players out there desperately doing old content just to put off the inevitable boredom a bit.
    Kraeref likes this.
  5. Kraeref Well-Known Member

Here it is, half backed and not really thought through soe:s idea with introducing heroic characters. Not enough XP in appropriate zones, quests XP reward is bad.
    Maybe soe needs to start spamming the message for newbies to check eq2 wiki or zam where to find quests starters for epic weapons:) Like before they would advertise to go gold.
  6. Wirewhisker Well-Known Member

That doesn't really address my point though.

If anything, organic 85's should have better gear for having actually put in the work.
  7. Wingrider01 Well-Known Member

priority on all my characters is the gathering obsessions guest line, and I don't start that quest line till I don't have to worry about agro from any of the npcs, wastes time having to stop and kill them when you are doing the quest
  8. Louly Well-Known Member

NOOO! exp nerf? Sigh it's been hard enough with my conj at 93 - that's just peachy really - :(
  9. Feldon Well-Known Member

These are largely fluff and flavor items anymore. You can pick up all the Lore & Legends from the broker, and you cam complete most of the Languages by just visiting the right NPC and buying most of the books. Grind a little Teren's Grasp faction and you can buy almost every language book in the game from the 2 NPCs there. Yes there are still a few tricky languages -- Sathirian (those red and black books in Kunark), Tik-Tok, etc.
    Wirewhisker likes this.
  10. Raff Well-Known Member

We all rolled something none of us have played to any extent. Then re-spec'd on the fly (no research...that'll change later, I bet) and headed off to the Guk dungeons...equally clueless.

Good Fun.
  11. Prrasha Well-Known Member

(Tik-Tok is free if you can hold off until Tinkerfest next year. The new quest added this year gives you tik-tok for free when you swipe the two gears from the control panels. You don't have to do the "long" quest in Moors for it.)
  12. Caela Well-Known Member

Wait. People are complaining because there are actually people playing the game now?
    I just love how a good bit of complaining is because people aren't playing the way you want them to.

I plan on hitting the newbie zones to get my harvesting up and to get gear to transmute.
    BlessyourHeart and Pouncer like this.