Would you like to live in The Dojo?

Discussion in 'Monk' started by ARCHIVED-Nagasakee, Jan 7, 2005.

1. ARCHIVED-Nagasakee Guest

SoE has done a very good job of providing housing throughout the game. I still live in my tiny one-room apartment in StarCrest, but I have friends that have already moved into the luxury suites in Lion's Mane and Qeynos Harbor. I am quite envious since the apartments are very nice.

But...I am a monk.

I would really really like it if it were possible to rent a room in Elddar Grove in the Dojo. I think that if if could be done (allowing the Dojo to have an inn door) that perhaps only brawlers monks and bruisers should be able to room there.

Anyway, what do you think? As a monk would you like to be able to room in the Dojo ?
  2. ARCHIVED-Alarr Guest

Never really thought of that. But I would think the Dojo is a training facility rather than housing. But some of the decor is nice.

I'm still in my one room apartment as well. In fact, I moved to a nice 2-room in North Qeynos, but moved back to my one room within a day (lost 6 Gold on that one). Why? Well, I picked Nettleville, where my CQ takes me. I have a routine when done adventuring which is hit CQ, mend stuff (if needed) and hit the broker to check for upgrads for anything, then to apratment to sell stuff. It's all very convenient. Unless there is a way to change CQ destination I doubt I will ever move to another village regardless of how much coin I have.
  3. ARCHIVED-Coraz2 Guest

I'll take 5 room guild house!
  4. ARCHIVED-Bladewind Guest

I think this would be a great option along with apprentice quarters in the mage tower, acolyte rooms in temples, quarters in the guard barracks, etc...

In the mean time, I am constructing a practice area/mini dojo in the brick crook of my 2-room suite. I have a makiwara and some torches up so far along with a training mat :p I wish I could loop the silent fist kata for while i am afk selling. I'd love for people wanting to buy things to walk in on me practicing.

One other cool place for player housing would be making luxury apartments available in one of the doors of the "bag end" hill of the baubleshire. Maybe call it a townhouse and make it 3 room with a higher cost than the suites...
    Message Edited by Bladewind on 01-07-2005 02:36 PM