Would love Official explanation of why zero testing on Conj Nerf

Discussion in 'Mages' started by Frogert, Jul 26, 2019.

1. Frogert New Member

How can you nerf a long time standing spell like Elemental Blast and not even cast it 1 time in live game to see how it works?

Step on load level 110 Conj into game
    Step 2 setup a Epic Dummy and Make it Immune to death
    Step 3 Attack dummy
    Step 4 hit Elemental Blast
    Step 5 instantly die
    Step 6 beta test done figure out why it insta killed the player.

Seem simple to spend about 2.5 mins in game to beta test instead of making hundreds if not thousands of players pissed off for a week while you fix your goof (Again). This isn't even close to the first time it seem a Dev didn't even spend 5 second testing a mechanic or spell change in live game with a normal character.
    Get your act together or loose the few people you still have playing this game. I have been with this game since day 1 of beta, like most of the people i started with and those I have met over the decade, I am about through with this game due to the inept Q&A done on changes to the game weekly. (oh and FYI the game still lags without EB)
  2. Breanna Well-Known Member

Do you honestly believe they have enough time to test every single class and every single spell every time they do something? I am sure they don't, that is where we come in, we politely tell them hey this is broken, and then they'll test it and fix it.
    Snikkety likes this.
  3. Zeffran New Member

A single spell, for a single class (sorry if necro's get it as well as I don't really play either), a change at the last minute.... to reduce lag.... which it hasn't (from a raid point of view) and then people have the temerity to complain.. god forsake !
  4. semisus Does not play this game

I would have liked that nuke that did more than ascensions , even if my pet died and i took dmg
  5. Bentenn Well-Known Member

NO they don't have to test it all, but did they really thing that changing that one spell, when many other classes have similar spells was going to fix the lag. They are smarter than this.. welcome to working on class balance 2019-2020. Any smart individual knows that elemental blast is not was is contributing to the lag, especially since all conjy's have removed it from their hotbars and guess what.. there is still lag lol
    Ashandra likes this.
  6. Scrappyz Well-Known Member

Elemental Blast is Conj only.. so you're right to say single spell for single class which they could have, if they cared to, tested it
  7. Beee Well-Known Member

There was no plan to nerf EB
    Bugs happen - and they will be fixed in next patch - just dont use EB for the rest of the remaining week
    It's hard enough to admit a mistake.

But what we allredy see: Sometimes it's usefull to put things on test server before going life :)
    I did not notice any changes in lag behavior
    Breanna likes this.
  8. Frogert New Member

This happens almost ever patch that there is any change what so ever other than renaming an Item LOL! . All they had to do was login a conj, cast the spell and see that it insta kills yourself. Its not like they had to spend an hour testing it, and it not like they modified a small part of the spell. THEY CREATED A NEW SPELL. Test it for god sakes.
    I should know been around a long time. Oh and BTW back in EQ1 days there we bugs too(though never this often), but guess what? Sony usually fixed them in a day or 2.
    IF you don't call companies out for the piss poor management of games you end up with piss poor games.(and not talking about the content)
  9. Beee Well-Known Member

It's not so easy.. if they change some spells they have to update all 15.000+ spells for all classes.
    A spell has a different behavior on lv 1 as on lv 50 or lv 110 or in PQs so it's not only a "login and cast a spell" but such changes should be on testserver some days earlier to find out such problems
    Breanna likes this.
  10. Bentenn Well-Known Member

problem is, it is as simple as that according to the discord post... they found EB was causing lag spikes up to as much as 3 secs and this is why they changed the spell... EB was changed, fubared, and there is still lag in the PQ's, because conjy's are not the only class that has those same type spells, there are multiple classes that do. Welcome to the testing of class changes for next expac lol.. think dagger storm, it was changed before an expansion lol..
    Ashandra likes this.