Would like to see Guide NPCs, installed on servers, as they were before on Freeport Server

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Samplesize, Nov 14, 2012.

1. Samplesize Member

When I started on Freeport Server, one feature I always enjoyed, was the Guide NPC Quests. These NPCs were stationed (permanently), throughout different zones, and always gave unique items such as a Fairy Lanterns, a Glowing Bottle or a Steaming Jujum Pie, etc... Awhile back, they were removed from Freeport Server, and we once again were graced with Guides in Person! I have always enjoyed interacting with Guides and GMs. It's reminiscent of Original EQ's GM events. <insert happy, memories of GM's in glowing Green Armor with Blazing Guidence Swords, or Gigantic Sand Giants running a muck somewhere in Norrath here> However, the past several Holidays, I've missed many "extras" on various characters, on various servers. The Poor Guides cannot be on servers at all times. But we enjoy these special "extras". If you're lucky enough to be online when a Guide Event occurs....bravo! But what if you're not(. It's sad that you miss out on these now "rare events". I'd love to make the Decorative Axe Set from a NPC Guide Quest in Butcherblock, and have a Steaming JumJum Pie in my ovens, on all my characters!

Can we "please" have these Guide NPCs installed again on "all" the servers? These permanent little "treats" are just one of the things that makes this game so special. I was recently fortunate, to get a "Robe of Dead Tidings", when I was on AB (Antonia Bayle), and it was announced by helpful players in 1-9 chat. But what about all the other servers, or what if you logged in too late for that event? A Sweet little snowperson I grew to know and love in Everfrost, was was replaced by a person, only available for 15-30 minutes, on one server. Swarms of people hover in a frenzy around this extremely polite, and occasionally Role Playing Guide; only to disappear all too soon.

Some may argue that it's what makes those items that much more special. And others, such as myself; may want that "special" item for all thier characters. I, by no means, mean that we should get rid of Live, Ingame Guide Quests. It's just a shame to see things disapearring, never to return. Or having to hope you're online "maybe next year" at the right time, to get in on a once a year item.

*get off her soapbox and hopes for the best*