Would like to get EoF, but CD/DVD drive doesn't work.

Discussion in 'Expansions and Adventure Packs' started by ARCHIVED-Kreynos, Sep 24, 2007.

1. ARCHIVED-Kreynos Guest

Hi, it's me again, as I explained in my last post, i'd really like to play but unfortunately my cd/dvd drive won't recognize the discs, is there anyway I could register my expansion with the CD-KEY from the game I bought, and then digitally download the full expansion, or can I just register it and let the SOE downloader do all the work?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!!
  2. ARCHIVED-ke'la Guest

Kreynos wrote:
    If you have the launchpad on your desktop all you have to do is register the expaintion on your SoE account with the CD-Key in the case, then you can download the pieces you are missing using the patcher, however it will take a few hours atleast do get what you are missing.
  3. ARCHIVED-zerfall Guest

That's one thing I love about EQ2's patcher. Long ago I had given EQ2 a try, but lost interest and moved to WoW. Since then I had lost my CD's and shortly after WoW's expansion came out I got sick of it. I decided to come back to EQ2 and thought "Oh no! No CD's what do I do?".
    I just downloaded the Trial of the Isle demo, reactivated my original Station account, and the Trial downloaded everything for me. Since then I bought the EoF box and upgraded to that, but it's really nice to know that if I ever lose my EoF DVD I can once again just download the Trial and it will patch everything my account has access to.
    As a side note, it works for EQLive as well... just download the Escape to Norrath trial, but run the everquest.exe (not the escape.exe or whatever) and it will patch every expansion your account is registered for. :)
  4. ARCHIVED-Catharsis Guest

Yah, all you need is the patcher and the registration key active on your account. Oh, and lots of time.