Would it kill EQII staff to acknowledge that we can't get into game?

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Thornscar, Aug 11, 2017.

1. garcia Member

I was in OF zone into guild hall zoned bat to OF that's when I got it
  2. garcia Member

3. Mysstie Well-Known Member

I got something similar to this when going into the Proving Grounds yesterday (I have no problem getting into the game or running the launcher and getting updates). I just cleared the /cache/ folder which I always do after a crash and got back into the game with no issue after that.
  4. garcia Member

ill try that again see what happens thanx
  5. Ronjah Active Member

Isnt the launcher showing important news and maintenance information like this one ? I can't verify it right now.
  6. garcia Member

ok yes it on the launcher I don't know what time they put it there it was not there is morning so there working on it in done for now and ill what til there done with fix I was on the game today then I got booted and it not working again lol so there know that player cant get on and I made sure that I cant play lol its tilling me to update for launcher and the launcher is not downloading and my hotspot cellphone data is maxed so that's it for me till they fix it lol
  7. garcia Member

lol thanx it did not work for me :(
  8. Sirlordan New Member

Ya...I'm getting this too, just as I was zoning into my room.... Went to scan files and it started to do a freaking reinstall!!...and wouldn't let me log on after that (seeing it just sits at "0 of ...") Figured out how to by pass patcher but now crashes if I select my guy because my character is "stuck" trying to get into his room.....
  9. garcia Member

same here with the crash i get to character selection screen then thats it stuck till i power off computer lol so om not trying till they fix it
    they just said that made progress today to let them know if u have problems tomorrow lol dont know what that means tryed it after i read that so its not fixed lol
  10. Zeddicious Well-Known Member

I rarely use discord so maybe someone could update Caith that they're working on the problem and have identified some things to be fixed? Maybe the internal content notification sub-process network updater notifiers aren't corresponding with the tertiary networkified deframulators on the ip-update schema diddleydoos... /shrug

Thanks Roxxlyy for spearheading the forums and keeping players abreast of what's going on. I've been having random connectivity issues (unrelated) that have had to do with DNS servers out and about in the wild that aren't functioning properly. After swapping around on some (public) and not so public DNS servers, my stuff seems to be operational. Must be big brother / goog / etc et al sniffing packets or something. idk.
  11. Justaplayer Member

I'm not getting any errors, I'm just stuck on the zoning screen.
    garcia likes this.
  12. JDV_Crushbone New Member

Still can't get in.
  13. Amopia New Member

I tried everything on Thursday when I first got the socket error, after the "server maintenance" and finally yesterday I uninstalled and thought I'd start from scratch. Now I cannot download the game from the web. I also loaded the game from a friends computer on a thumb drive, and tried putting it on but launch pad won't work, tried to dl that, but no dice. Going to need some sort of credit at this point, going to try other games.
  14. Amopia New Member

I disagree. It does seem to be a dbg problem. I was on Thursday before they took it down for maintenance and then as soon as it came back up, tried to get on and SOCKET ERROR. Even though it's not happening for everyone, something they did during their routine maintenance must have created a problem for many people as the forum shows. Very little communication from dbg and I do agree that communicating through twitter and the like does not help many of us who are not into that blab.
  15. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forums as our new forums rep Roxxlyy. I didn't want to make the assumption that you were our new forum rep and not just temporarily dealing with. I hope you enjoy your time with us and don't take any guff.

Cyrrena
    garcia likes this.
  16. garcia Member

I stop getting errors to stuck on zoning to lol
  17. Malleria Well-Known Member

If you'd read the other posts in this forum you'd see people were having the issue for days before the Thursday update. It has absolutely nothing to do with the maintenance on Thursday.
    Xianthia and Prissetta like this.
  18. Beena Member

Ok so this is now day 2 that i cannot get into the game that i PAY to play! i've been patiently waiting and i'm now growing very impatient! If we can't get into the game i would hope they would at least make it worth our while to pay for a game we can't even play! They said yesterday they were working on the issue they detected....well here we are more than 24 hours later and STILL no resolution!! I would certainly hope that when we are finally able to get into the game they would at least give double XP or something substantial for all this inconvenience! I usually don't rant much but my time to play is very limited and i'm getting seriously tired of having these kinds of issues during the ONLY time i can play!
  19. Leeroy 16 year vet. Forum lurker. Altaholic.

Read the announcement! It's been up since yesterday. https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...es-and-connection-issues.580212/#post-6456265
    Prissetta likes this.
  20. Neijya New Member

Feldon likes this.