Would it be too much to ask to make the Primitive Instinct line group wide?

Discussion in 'Warden' started by ARCHIVED-GinFan, Jul 3, 2007.

1. ARCHIVED-GinFan Guest

[p]It is the only offensive buff we give. Making it group wide would improve our raid appeal, fit in nicely with the mellee Warden spec and not step on another classes toes. I doubt it will unbalance us for PVP (though it was sworn that pvp would not effect pve choices:p) It should probably have a concentration cost added to it.[/p][p] Come on Devs, it easy, do it, you know you want to...[/p]
  2. ARCHIVED-Isard Guest

[p]Would be nice.[/p][p]Who do we have to bribe to make it happen?[/p][p] [/p]
  3. ARCHIVED-Arielle Nightshade Guest

I'd argue that it'd make us overpowered....but that said, I'd still like to see it.
  4. ARCHIVED-Leemeg Guest

It would be nice, but I fear if that is implemented, the buff will be lower. If I could choose between the current strength and single target, or a lower strength group buff. I would choose the single target one.
  5. ARCHIVED-agressiv4 Guest

Yeah I dont see them doing that without making the various other self-buffs that healers get have the same effect. Only thing I would like to see is some of our single target buffs changed from Group Friend to Raid or Group Friend. agressiv
  6. ARCHIVED-IA~CHAOS Guest

The idea sounds nice, but then we would have to make Agitate or whatever the fury proc is group wide too. And I would like to see our buffs stay in group so we actually still have the MT grp as OUR house.
  7. ARCHIVED-Veedublya Guest

[p]I like the idea of having that as a group buff, sure other healers would complain but they would have no reason to at all since every other healer class actually have usefull group buffs.[/p][p]Agitate as a group buff would be completely over-powered and pretty much useless since furies are usually in a caster group and not too many casters melee.[/p]
  8. ARCHIVED-Skivley101 Guest

I think it would be nice to make it like Aspect of the hawk .....take one concentration slot for each person its on ...But add something else to it ...like a small Str buff. I think that would keep the balance in the game. And we could mix and match buffs better when there are stacking issues.
  9. ARCHIVED-GinFan Guest

[p]Since we haven't any dps, haste, int, str or proc buffs, our only offensive offering is our single target +hit and some increased power pools. If our +hit became group but took away one of concentration slots, it would serve to balance us, making us more on par with other healers. Would they complain, probably, but it wouldn't be because we were overpowered but because we would be better able to compete for raid spots.[/p][p]There have been a lot of complaints about lack of str buffs. Instead, I would prefer to make our existing +hit more viable. As a side benefit, devs, it would be easy to code and just sneak in (hint hint). [/p][p][Dev you is growing very sleepy, you are in a comfortable happy place, surrounded by your favorite things, this a peaceful happy place where primitive instinct is a group buff, you want to help wardens, because doing so makes you so happy, so at peace, you will bring it up at the next staff meeting with confidence, you are good looking, all the other staffers like you and admire you, they will think primitive instict as a group buff is a wonderful idea, you are so smart, they wish they were more like you, you are so cool, so hip, so capable, you have access to production code....] [/p]
  10. ARCHIVED-GinFan Guest

It would have to be considerable better then it is in order to do as you suggest imo, or else it would diminish us. We would have to drop a group buff or Aspect off of somebody simply to be equal to our current state.
  11. ARCHIVED-Skivley101 Guest

[p] I dont think it would diminish us ...just give us more choices .....for example ...put primitive on some one instead of Aspect ....Or when we are in group with another priest ...every priest has the same group physical mitigation buff (and they dont stack)with a different secondary component, the secondary isnt all that great , plus it isnt always needed. Our group wisdom doesnt stack with furies ....and the group agi isnt really that make or break . [/p][p]So in essence it would just give more diversity to buffing. And solo, we have the extra concentration to spare anyways.[/p][p]Not sure what or how much to add to it ....But I propose 75 str ....at its highest lvl master 1[/p]
  12. ARCHIVED-GinFan Guest

[p]I would like the option to cast an extra Instinct vs. an extra Aspect as you suggest, but the problem is that the first one isn't free, that's why I said it would diminish us. Right now it is 3 group, 2 Aspect and 1 conc free Instinct. Your suggestion leaves us with 3 group, 1 Aspect and 1 Instinct (with the ability to mix it up of course)--we lose 1 total buff in that plan. Now if it had an extra 75 str as you suggest, it would be worth the loss :wink: [/p]
  13. ARCHIVED-Fromingo Guest

I am all for group buff with concentration that is the same power lvl as it's current state. I bet my group/raid would not mind losing 1 aspect of hawk on someone for that.
  14. ARCHIVED-Skivley101 Guest

[p] Not adding the str to it ....wich is what alot of wardens want (except the casters) ....and also dont alot of Wardens call our buffs useless.[/p][p]so why not drop the most useless for this one.[/p][p]Im sorry ....But i just dont see making it group wide with concentration and nothing added Better ....But some how it does seem unbalancing.[/p][p]So maybe my proposal is just as unbalanceing. **shrug** IDK .....just the way i see it? But it is nice to be able to hash this stuff out sometimes isnt it? :D[/p]
  15. ARCHIVED-GinFan Guest

[p]I updated the str comment while you were typing Skivley:) [/p][p]The reason I like the group version w/ conc slot is all those pesky level 75 x4 epics. The scout that gets my Instinct hits for a much higher % on the parse. It would be nice to help out all melee including myself now that I've finally given in and gone melee like SOE wants me to :-?[/p][p]I brought it up because it seems a viable change and is more focussed discussion than a general "what would you like to see changed" post. Besides is plants subliminal suggestion into the Devs' brains [Wardens are melee, we should give them melee buffs, we should help our friends the Wardens...][/p][p] [/p]
  16. ARCHIVED-Veedublya Guest

[p]I dont find the idea unbalancing at all... We need some sort of utility[/p][p]Again furies are casters, therefore they have high int buffs that make them fit perfeclty with casters and such, since wardens are supposed to be the melee form of a druid it would be nice if they gave us some nice melee buffs for us and the group. It makes perfect sence to me and im not even melee spec'd :p[/p]
  17. ARCHIVED-Skivley101 Guest

[p]well i guess from a raid perspective ....your group proposal would kinda put us on par with fury int buffing ....Us for mele ...them for casters.[/p][p]Hmm ....well worth some thought :?:thumbup:[/p]
  18. ARCHIVED-Veedublya Guest

[p]Its really not asking much, tho the idea of primitive instinct being made a group buff may be a little much, i'm all for the idea of making aspect of the hawk a STR/power buff than and WIS/power buff. Even if you were not a melee spec'd warden, it would still give us a nice spot in the scout grp for raids which is fine by me. Im not melee spec'd but would gladly give up 105 wis for 105 str just so i could be wanted in a group for raids...[/p]
  19. ARCHIVED-GinFan Guest

Personally, I'd rather they didn't change our defensive buffs into offensive buffs. I think our defensive nature defines us--if they want to improve them, that would be great, but I wouldn't change their intent. What I like about a Primitive Instinct change is that it is simple. It makes our one and only offensive buff more viable, but doesn't change our identity. Because it is our one and only offensive buff, I do not see it as something that would push the universe out of balance.
  20. ARCHIVED-Veedublya Guest

I never said anything about changing defensive buffs to offensive buffs... Unless you consider changing 105 wis to 105 str as a defense to offense change, but i would consider an extra 300-500 resists from 105 wis a very weak defensive buff